Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 10:30 PM       
The rape and pillaging is the best part of being a Meatasauras.
ThisIsWitty is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 10:49 PM       
Terra's all about rape.
Captain Goodtimes is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 11:05 PM       
I don't mind what you vegans, eat, just as long as I don't have another one giving me shit for buying cheese at the grocery store, o.k.?
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 11:11 PM       
One woman tried to persuade me to not buy meat and cheese because "Bush eats it all the time, and that's why he is a bloodthristy tyrant"
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 11:41 PM       
Well like I've said, NO ONE likes those kinds of vegans. In fact, no one likes those kinds of PEOPLE. I don't like people telling me what I should eat, all I ask is the same in return

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadKennedys
I'm not here to insult, but what do vegans eat? There are certain necessary elements in dairy and mean products that you cannot obtain by other stuff alone.
One of the only thing vegans need to worry about is B12 (ok, and protein but there's tons of options for that) and they just have to make sure they eat lots of leafy greens or take suppliments if they are lazy (which I am from time to time, I'll admit).

And mubert, I eat bread all the time, so I have no idea what you're talking about. White bread, too.
mubert is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 12:55 AM       
To make the dough for bread, you need "chicken fetuses"
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 01:19 AM       
pure vegans that don't take certain supplements because they're made from animals. this will turn into a b12 deficiency (as Daphne mentioned in her last post). the only way that b12 can be absorbed into one's body is with some sort of animal fat. this is literally the only way it can be absorbed. the only vitamins that will work (when speaking on b12) have animal fat in them in some form, but these are the same vitamins that pure vegans won't touch, if they're completely strict and anal retentive.

you may be taking vitamins to supplement your system that include b12, but that doesn't mean it's not going right back out of you. the only people who can live on a diet void of b12 are the people who culturally haven't eaten it for a long ass time, and they've adapted their bodies. for the general person, though, if you're a strict vegan, your body will start to get weaker by about age 30ish (generally). there are some exceptions, but the general public reacts this way.

i'm not trying to dissuade anyone here from being vegitarian or vegan, because i was one for 3 years. i still had milk and eggs (what is known as an ovo-lacto vegitarian, for those of you who are going to say 'buy you weren't a real vegitarian', yes i was. i just wasn't vegan). i stopped because my body was craving some mad cheeseburgers, and i felt myself being a lot weaker. now i'm just more careful in the amount of meat i eat, and sometimes i forget to eat it all together.

my point is that if you're vegan to the point that i have mentioned, you might want to consider taking the regular vitamins, not the vegan ones, because you'll probably get really weak. (this isn't an issue if you still eat some form of animal protein, such as eggs or milk).
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 01:23 AM       
You ladies are both aware that you can't wear normal shoes or eat many kinds of peanut butter, crackers, and junk foods, right?
If you want to fly the flag of "vegan" I'd better not catch you wearing shoe leather or eating anything with Gelatin (extract of boiled hooves) in it.

Honestly, are you still calling yourselves vegan?

(this isn't meant as an attack, just a question from a slightly omnivorous being)

I don't tend to eat plants unless they're an ingredient of something else.
My food eats plants. You eat what my food eats.
I should eat you. Rotisserie style.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 01:38 AM       
Unless they are eating their shoes, what they are wearing on their feet has nothing to do with questioning their vegan stands, more like their animal-rights stands.

Are you eating your shoes Daphne and Buddah?
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 02:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
Also wtf are vegans supopsed to put in sandwitches.. just a piece of lettuce with no butter or anything?
And how can you eat cereal without milk?
Thinking about it, what the heck do you put in you tea? Tea with no milk tastes god awful.
Jesus, I dont eat sandwiches with butter, cereal with milk, and I dont drink tea at all, and I'm not a fucking vegan. I don't understand how ANYBODY could question ANYBODY else's eating preferences.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 03:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Goodtimes
Unless they are eating their shoes, what they are wearing on their feet has nothing to do with questioning their vegan stands, more like their animal-rights stands.

Are you eating your shoes Daphne and Buddah?

You are complete fucking idiot and clearly have no idea what you are talking about. A vegan uses no animal products and no products tested on animals. This includes make-up and shampoo.

At least use Wikipedia or Google before you try and argue with me, shithead. I'm not one to go spewing things out of my ass, and you very clearly shouldn't either.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 03:37 AM       
Dry your eyes, I'll use google:

Definition: [n] a strict vegetarian; someone who eats no animal or dairy products at all

You said you aren't a vegan right? Cause you eat and spew alot of bullshit, an animal bi-product.

Of course there are other definitions of that, maybe one of them has the shoe part there, some might not. It doesn't make them any less vegan, you blubbering child.
Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
Hobo Renee is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 04:01 AM       
Strict vegans don't eat honey, or refiended sugar--the whitening process uses bone ash from cows to filter the sugar. Also, I don't understand how you can't cope with the fact that wearing or using leather products could somehow conflict with the vegan, or vegetarian lifestyle. If someone is so appaled by the thought and act of eating another living creature's flesh, or using the milk intended for their childern or their unfertilized eggs they most likely would also feel uncomfortable wearing the skin of the same animal that they did not want to die so they could eat it. For vegetarians and vegans the whole issue is making sure that fewer animals die to accomodate humanity's appatite, food or material-wise, since many vegetarians also avoid using leater products. Of course most vegans tend to stay away from wool and lanolin as well since the sheering process can be done in cruel ways. Yeah, I know that sheep need to be sheered so don't even bring that up. Anyway, it's hard for me to explain since each individual has their own set of ethics that they incorporate into their vegan/vegetarian lifestyle. Some vegans will not use film because it contains gelatin in it and thus will only use digital cameras, and then there are people that are vegetarians for the sole purpose of losing weight. I can't really explain why I became a vegetarian. I was reading some vegan cookbooks at the time because the way that ingrediants are substitued fascinated me and the more I read the more I decided that my eating habits were really poor and I needed to change them. At the beginning I was mainly vegetarian to lose weight, which I did, not because I was starving myself, but because I wasn't able to eat the same junk food that I did before, hamburgers and hot dogs, etc. After a while I became more conscious of animal rights issues, which I was more comfortable to look into since I didn't have the guilt associated with eating meat. So now my vegetarianism is for a combination of heath and animal issues. Still, I don't know if I have the detication to both of those causes to move onto becoming a vegan.

Wow, that was quite a rant so the majority of you probably just skipped over it. Good show.

Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 04:35 AM       
One would think the non-use of leather shoes and such would be an animal-rights argument, not a vegan\vegetarian one.

I can see where the parallels would be confusing, but I have yet to meet a vegan who went barefoot because shoes had leather in them. Perhaps that means the few vegans I know personally are hypocrites, but that's another matter.

The simple fact is, that for you to eat, something else must die. After all, even if it's just a broccoli sprout, that broccoli still had to die before it went in your mouth. This can NOT be avoided unless you stick to a solid diet of ice cubes.

I don't condone the mistreatment of the animals slaughtered, but the simple fact remains, to avoid dying of starvation, something else must die to feed you, be it plant or animal.

Now if your issue is with the mistreatment of animals, that's a different story..
mubert is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 05:24 AM       
Do you guys use Elmers Glue, and eat gelatin?
Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
Hobo Renee is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 05:56 AM       
One would think the non-use of leather shoes and such would be an animal-rights argument, not a vegan\vegetarian one.

I can see where the parallels would be confusing, but I have yet to meet a vegan who went barefoot because shoes had leather in them. Perhaps that means the few vegans I know personally are hypocrites, but that's another matter.

As I was saying with my point on ethics, it's really up to the individual to decide what they are trying to stand for. But if someone is saying, yeah I'm vegan, and then eating something non-vegan, then they're just a liar.

The simple fact is, that for you to eat, something else must die. After all, even if it's just a broccoli sprout, that broccoli still had to die before it went in your mouth. This can NOT be avoided unless you stick to a solid diet of ice cubes.

I personally don't believe that everything is as alive as everything else. Things that have either brains or central nervous systems (jelly fish lack brains but are still living organisms) are alive. Plants and fungi like mushrooms don't have brains, they can't think, nor due they have a central nervous system, so they can't feel pain. While it would be silly for me to say that plants aren't alive, when I take a plant out of the ground it doesn't have anxiety like a cow in a slaughter house, and it doesn't feel the pain of a chainsaw seering into it's flesh either. So I can comfortably say that the death of the poor innocent defenseless broccoli is secondary to the cow's (or whatever animal) death and I feel no guilt about the circumstances. So, in general the whole argument about the plants dying to feed humans is completly flawed because it is the decomposed animal matter which provides the plants with all of those yummy nitrates that keep them growing so we can eat them and then feed them to eat them until we blow ourselves up.

Uh oh, muberts trying to trick us. Watch out Peta Pals!

GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 06:35 AM       
Quote:

Definition: [n] a strict vegetarian; someone who eats no animal or dairy products at all

You said you aren't a vegan right? Cause you eat and spew alot of bullshit, an animal bi-product.

Of course there are other definitions of that, maybe one of them has the shoe part there, some might not. It doesn't make them any less vegan, you blubbering child.
Where does this "dry your eyes" and "blubbering child" business come from? Maybe you're misidentifying condescending trash-talk. Or, perhaps, you're exhibiting the same sort of ignorance you did when looking for your definitions.
Go punch "vegan" into Google. Punch "I'm Feeling Lucky," just for the sake of argument, and you get a site called "Vegan Society."
This is obviously the first site listed. It supports what I've said.

Now please, just shut your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about. It will save both of us a bit of trouble.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 06:46 AM       
My sister went through a period that she tried to be a vegetarian. She never bothered anyone else about it (though there is still a "meat is murder" sticker on her closet in the parental home, but it's not like she stuck them on someone else's property). She couldn't stick to it, maybe partially because it was in a period when my dad was trying against his nature to do all the cooking, and he just didn't give her enough alternatives to meat, and now I'm pretty sure she's back on meat, though I think she's still not a big meat-eater.

Point is, even though she never said more about it to other people other than "I'm a vegetarian", she's taken ridiculous amounts of shit from people for it. It's like just saying it pisses people off. People always have to either question it, treat it like some moronic superstition, or most of all: try to push the person into admitting that they're not a perfect vegetarian (or vegan). It's like they're just looking for that one person who'll actually lecture them about meat, even though they may have never met one.

It reminds me of how people immediately get hostile in the presence of a Christian or someone otherwise religious.
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 07:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by davinxtk
Quote:

Where does this "dry your eyes" and "blubbering child" business come from? Maybe you're misidentifying condescending trash-talk. Or, perhaps, you're exhibiting the same sort of ignorance you did when looking for your definitions.
Go punch "vegan" into Google. Punch "I'm Feeling Lucky," just for the sake of argument, and you get a site called "Vegan Society."
This is obviously the first site listed. It supports what I've said.

Now please, just shut your moth when you don't know what you're talking about. It will save both of us a bit of trouble.
"Of course there are other definitions of that, maybe one of them has the shoe part there, some might not. It doesn't make them any less vegan"

I'm wasn't calling you a liar davin, I found that definition about not wearing leather and fur. There are several definition for vegan(as several definitions of any word ever created, did you know that?), some include the fur part some don't. Some follow one or the other. Fo example the definition of the Term "Baby" the dictionary states:

Noun 1. baby - a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk; "isn't she too young to have a baby?"

Now my definition of Baby
One when faced with conflict gets into fits of anger and seems to lose their own point, blubbering shit like a child would.
see Davinxtk

Anyone is free to follow whichever one of those definitions.

You also told me to shut my mouth, funny, do you dictate out loud what you are typing? Is that "bit of trouble" a sore throat while you gelp out your all knowing bullshit. I'm sorry Davin, have a lozenge, you big baby.

dreaddi is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 07:42 AM       
But what is the point of not drinking milk, apart from being allergic to it or not liking the taste? I thought that cows had to be milked, because it would be unhealthy for them not to.
my baby's mama
glowbelly is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:46 AM       
humans are the only mammals who choose to drink milk in adulthood.

from peta:

Cows only produce milk to feed their babies. Farmers make sure that cows raised for their milk have a calf each year so that they’ll continue to produce milk. These calves are taken from their mothers when they are just a day or two old so that humans can have the milk. If farmers didn’t take calves from their mothers, the calves would drink the milk, and there would be no need to milk cows.

from moomilk:

Can all cows make milk?

The cow must be a mother before she will produce milk. A newborn Holstein calf weighs about 100 pounds and can walk within one hour after birth!
my baby's mama
glowbelly is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 09:03 AM       
oh and MLE? i found your post to be super interesting, so i did some research. i found this link:

http://www.veganhealth.org/everyvegan/

is that along the lines of what you were thinking, or no? just wondering.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 09:04 AM       
Quote:
"Of course there are other definitions of that, maybe one of them has the shoe part there, some might not. It doesn't make them any less vegan"

I'm wasn't calling you a liar davin, I found that definition about not wearing leather and fur. There are several definition for vegan(as several definitions of any word ever created, did you know that?), some include the fur part some don't. Some follow one or the other. Fo example the definition of the Term "Baby" the dictionary states:

Noun 1. baby - a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk; "isn't she too young to have a baby?"

Now my definition of Baby
One when faced with conflict gets into fits of anger and seems to lose their own point, blubbering shit like a child would.
see Davinxtk

Anyone is free to follow whichever one of those definitions.

You also told me to shut my mouth, funny, do you dictate out loud what you are typing? Is that "bit of trouble" a sore throat while you gelp out your all knowing bullshit. I'm sorry Davin, have a lozenge, you big baby.
You make me wish that there was some form of testing or licensing to be done as a prerequisite to breeding. Spare harping on the abysmal error that this was not enacted before your birth, hopefully it will be before you find a slag that you can charm (or drug) long enough to reproduce.

Not only is your argument flawed in the fact that you don't recognize the difference between a vegan diet and a vegan lifestyle, but you also repeatedly bring up this "whining baby" issue that you really seem to enjoy.
Fact is, you argued with me without knowing what the hell you were talking about. While that isn't necessarily the end of the world, I'm a rather impatient person and took to swearing immediately.
This doesn't mean I'm crying, and it doesn't mean I'm a baby or a blubbering child. At no point did I engage in fits of anger or lose my own point.
Cut the bullshit. You're a complete fucking tool.
(Condescension, trash talk. Not whining.)

Also, pulling shit like the "shut your mouth" semantics might win you points with the kiddies and total net n00bs, but you're not getting anywhere with me. Not even under my skin.

Arguing with you is almost tiringly monotonous. You're trying not to lose face to me in a sea of people who don't give a shit about either of us, really. The trouble is that any literate person present can see that you're only borderline on making points, and even then they're unresearched and almost totally incorrect. Beyond that, you don't even come up with acceptable (or applicable) insults.

You are wrong, Captain Goodtimes, and you're an ignoramus to boot.
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 09:06 AM       
I don't even need to articulate my views on this subject. They're well known.

Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 09:18 AM       
Oh, and:

Code:
glowbelly (9:07:15 AM): you are a feisty little bitch sometimes
glowbelly (9:08:06 AM): daphne is one of the biggest animal lovers i know
glowbelly (9:08:09 AM): just so you know

I didn't mean to come accross as being rude or even harshly questioning either of you. That first post was meant to be humorous, and I was actually sincerely wondering.

The rest of them, however, were directed at Captain Jackass over here, and any hatred that might have leaked into those posts should remain dried and encrusted where it is.