Old Feb 21st, 2008, 03:08 PM       
That game kicks ass
Local Superhero
Falconer is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM       
I'd have to say say Mario Sunshine.

-Buck Satan
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:35 PM       
Who overrates mario sunshine? I thought it was pretty much universally reviled?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:44 PM       
I hated Mario Sunshine.

Then I played Galaxy.

THAT GIVES ME AN IDEA FOR A THREAD
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:52 PM       
That also indirectly reminds me that Morrowind is the worst game I've ever played in my life
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:55 PM       
I loved morrowind so much when it came out :<

Then I went back and tried to play it a couple years ago and can't remember why.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 10:35 AM       
I'll admit I haven't played very far into it, but I don't see what was so special about Odin Sphere aside from the artwork and visuals. It just made me think that making a 2D game on a console in this day and age will make retro fans go gaga even if there's kinda a lack of fun.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 01:21 PM       
Conker's Bad Fur Day is way less fun and interesting than most of my faggy friends had hyped it up to be.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM       
I tried it once and it seemed like an okay 3D Platformer, with loads of crude humor thrown in, including but not limited to swears and feces. I always liked Mario 64 better, but then again, who didn't.
He speaks truth!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM       
To tell you the truth, and I feel like GW here for boldly going against the grain of popular opinion but I really didn't like Mario 64 all that much [/spoils]

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 02:57 PM       
I don't like shit no matter how popular it is, buddy
Inside your Head

RPGmaker is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 07:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
nobody likes ff8

I um actually liked 8 .. I hated X-2 i saw the opening scene and put it back in the box and on the shellf never to move again.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 04:59 PM       
I got another one: Deus Ex. Why are people so obsessed with this game. It's really not that great. The combat system is the worst I have EVER seen in an FPS. I realize it's not a straight FPS, but a RPG/FPS hybrid, but that doesn't mean they have to make the shooting system in the game suck so hard it actually ruined the game for me! Seriously, it's mediocre at best.
He speaks truth!
Forum Virgin
eliz.lanier is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 01:43 PM       
It's probably been said but FFVII is highly overrated. It's good but not nearly good as a lot make it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
I think I actually like Chrono Cross better than Chrono Trigger.
Same here.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:17 PM       
I love FF7 so much that I'm building an old computer from junk parts so I can play it again.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:32 PM       
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I love FF7 so much that I'm building an old computer from junk parts so I can play it again.
Makes sense. If you're going to play a junk game you might as well play it on a junk computer.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM       
;_______;
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 07:45 PM       
(giggles)
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 11:41 PM       
I have never played a single FF game, but I can tell you that FF7 and 8 are overrated just by looking at the search results for them on DeviantART.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 05:10 PM       
Just the fact that the made a movie and a couple spin-off games (not to mention the other merchandising) off of FF7 is evidence enough that it's highly overrated.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 05:23 PM       
Yeah, it's incredibly overrated, but it was a really fun game. What bugs me about that is that it was a game that I really enjoyed on my first playthrough, and now it's hard to get into it again because so many people are obsessed with it. It's not just a little overrated either, because so many people hail it as the greatest game of all time and nothing will ever top it.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ants Who Ruin Your Dinner
Codiekitty is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM       
Um, they made spin-offs and a movie about Mario and Street Fighter 2 (I'm not aware of FF7 having a Where's Waldo-type book, although feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong). Are they considered highly overrated?

As far as FF7 being overrated, I'm a bit torn. I thought it was okay. My beef with it was it was riddled with the stupidest minigames I've ever plodded through, like the snowboarding with the dumbass controls, and performing CPR on the girl, and the Rufus Shinra welcoming display. But when it knocked off that minigame crap and delivered solid RPG gameplay, it was fairly decent. I was also impressed with the graphics (I played through it last summer, for what it's worth)... well, mostly. I mean, Rufus looked like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

Now, on one hand, there's the "BEST GAME EVER" folks. But I've actually heard more people call it garbage than I have heard it called "Best Game Ever", and most people, even most of the people who call it "Most Overrated Game Ever" seem to only call it "average".

I definitely lean to it being overrated, given all the cosplayers and copycats (like that Zap! webcomic) and how the GameFAQs Character Battles always come down to Cloud vs. Link or Sephiroth vs. Mario, but I think the title of "Most Overrated Game Ever" should go to a game that's actually bad.

At least you can look at the game itself and find inspired monster designs, color, and intriguing scenery, as opposed to Shadow of the Colossus teaching people that brown and gray and a sun that's timefrozen midway through a supernova are preferrable to all of that.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 08:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codiekitty View Post
Um, they made spin-offs and a movie about Mario and Street Fighter 2 (I'm not aware of FF7 having a Where's Waldo-type book, although feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong). Are they considered highly overrated?
1. "Mario" is a franchise, not a single game. If they started making spin-offs and movies about Super Mario Bros. 2, then yes, that would likely be an overrated game.

2. SF2 saw all sorts of corny merchandise tie-ins, including GI Joe-style action figures with vehicles for some reason. In that respect, yes, it was completely overblown just like Mortal Kombat would be overblown a few years later. However, the game also did a lot for the SF2 series in terms of game mechanics, including the introduction of the "combo" attack, whereas a game like FF7 had only minor additions to the basic gameplay.

Finally, you're wrong in saying that a game should have to be bad to be overrated. It just has to be not as good as people claim that it is, such as when people talk about FF7 like it was the pinacle of RPGs. That sets the bar way too high for such an "average" game.

As for your comment on how SotC looked, I could care less how a game looks as long as it's entertaining. And I enjoyed Shadow of the Colossus.

Ants Who Ruin Your Dinner
Codiekitty is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 08:18 PM       
I didn't say a game had to be bad to be overrated, I said it should be bad to be the "most overrated game ever".