Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:08 AM        BUSH FALLS OFF BIKE AGAIN?! HAS HE FALLEN OFF THE WAGON?
I'm just posing the question.

Actually, I'm commenting on the fact that one of my Hometown papers ran on it's front page today a story calling Kerry 'Bubble Boy' and compring him to Dukakis because Nasa required him to wear a clean suit during his vist, and a 29 year old quote from Theresa Heinz Kerry calling Ted Kennedy a 'perfect bastard'.

The pictures were emailed rom the Bush campaign. I don't know if the Herald found the quote itself or got it from Republican ops, but 29 years is a long time. I mean, wasn't W. still a raging drunk 29 years ago? an't the Herald find him saying something like "Oh, Man! Gonna Hurl Again!" and run that as a banner headline?

In reatalliation, the Dems have emailed out photos of W in a kimono, picking his nose, and my favorite, prancing about as a male cheerleader, an act I belive threatens te entire institution of cheerleading, a gross violatipon of all cheerleading means that should be constitutionally banned.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:21 AM       
I guess that I will never understand American politics. :/
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:40 AM       
What's to understand?

It's the proto reality show, at the end of which the winner becomes commander in Cheif of the world'd largest nuclear arsenal. Anyone who wants can vote against the one they dislike most, and both contestants are forced to endure endless humiliation while pretending nothing could be more fun. We haven't even gotten to the part where we start dragging their wives and kids through it, but hang on, we're almost there.

Theresa Heinz admitted bluntly on NPR yesterday that the Pumkin Spice cookie reecipe submitted in her name to Good Housekeeping (I think that's the mag) was not in fact her recipe, someone on staff did it, and she hates pumkin spice. This is sure to be a HUGE scandal because it means Heinz LIED and what kind of a man picks a LIAR for a wife? Don't tell me it means she doesn't give a fuck about cookies and she doesn't care who knows it, she could have told Good Housekeeping to shove it in her own special lingo or go fuck yourself in the Republican phrase of the moment but SHE LIED, SHE TOLD A COOKIE LIE AND A MAN WHO SLEEPS IN THE SAME BED AS A COOKIUE LIAR HAS NO BUSINESS SENDING OUR BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN OFF TO DIE DEFENDING FREEDOM! And before you dis the bakeoff, Chimp, I'd inform your superior Canadain monkey hyde that since the bakeoff started (Like, two presidential cycles ago) it has never faile to predict the eventual first lady! SO WHAT THE HELL IS THERE NOT TO UNDERSTAND?!
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 12:18 PM       
"What a country." :smirnoff

I don't know what's not to get, Chimpy. I LOVE this stuff!

conus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 12:37 PM       
Quote:
I guess that I will never understand American politics.
We live in a democracy ( and if I hear the Republic rejoinder one more time I may start shooting people. The television tells me I live in a democracy, and, what the television says, is) which means that we get to help select which representative of the landed gentry is to determine the circumstances of our lives.
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:03 PM       
ANd oh what a democracy it is!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:14 PM       
What I really don't see is how either campaign can expect to gain ground by e-mailing funny pictures of the opponents to the media and saying, "Look at this! Kerry is raising the fork to his mouth and you can see some food stuck to his teeth! Do you want a man whose food sticks to his teeth to run this country?"

What's even sadder is that the media actually pays attention to that.

Sadder still, people like Ronnie look at that and say, "Mwuhahaha! Now there is no way that ANY PATRIOTIC AMERICAN can logically vote for a dirty-toothed pansy like Kerry! This has hurt his image! I win! :kapn "

:/
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:16 PM       
Yes. It's all very Coke vs. Pepsi here. Skull-n-Bones Big Face vs. Skull-n-Bones Chimp Ears. Instead of ignoring those that can't make decisions for themselves, "the middle" we kiss their asses, knowing "the base" will always vote for ghosts of dead Presidents without questioning anything. We federally mandate everything no one can decide on and ignore whatever any majority really needs.

I think the reason none of this makes sense to you is that you are failing to mentally frame this all in reference to our post-9/11 world and our wars on terror, outsourcing, border-jumpers, each of the two Americas, homos, and whatever we will eventually find on either Saturn or Mars.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:18 PM       
God, you're dumb.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:24 PM       
I'm with you, AChimp. American elections spin my head more sometimes than Japanese gameshows. Here we have the largest democratic country in the world, yet during the run to the elections the candidate count is pretty much brought back to two. Meanwhile, the majority of voters seems more interested in voting for the one that's going to win than the one whose political standpoints they most agree with.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 01:26 PM       
Know what's REALLY dumb? Think that being a male cheerleader should utterly disqualify you from being ALIVE let alone resident.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 04:51 PM       
meh

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 08:29 PM        Re: BUSH FALLS OFF BIKE AGAIN?! HAS HE FALLEN OFF THE WAGON?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
And a 29 year old quote from Theresa Heinz Kerry calling Ted Kennedy a 'perfect bastard'.
Aw, come on, now. The Bush people need to relax. It was just a "youthful indiscretion".
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:15 PM       
USA is really going downhill. Fuck it was better in clintons hands
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 03:42 AM       
I live over a thousand miles away from the US, and I still feel the need to bash my head into a nearby wall whenever I think of the political situation there.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 02:37 PM       
Quote:
What's to understand?

It's the proto reality show, at the end of which the winner becomes commander in Cheif of the world'd largest nuclear arsenal.
- Wouldn't the Russians be just a little pissed over some dumbass foreigner controlling their nuclear arsenal!?
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 02:50 PM       
The Russians probaly had the largest until the fall of the Soviet Union and all the shit was stolen
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 09:04 PM       
Quote:
Know what's REALLY dumb? Think that being a male cheerleader should utterly disqualify you from being ALIVE let alone resident.
They got more attention than the kids in newspaper or broadcasting, which made me bitter to male cheerleading worldwide.

I got especially bitter when I found out they were straight.