Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2007, 11:01 PM        U of D becomes Diversity Gulag
You would think that someone along the channels of information would have declared even the below too extreme and too obvious of the liberal agenda on campuses:
NEWARK, Del., October 30, 2007—The University of Delaware subjects students in its residence halls to a shocking program of ideological reeducation that is referred to in the university’s own materials as a “treatment” for students’ incorrect attitudes and beliefs. The Orwellian program requires the approximately 7,000 students in Delaware’s residence halls to adopt highly specific university-approved views on issues ranging from politics to race, sexuality, sociology, moral philosophy, and environmentalism. The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) is calling for the total dismantling of the program, which is a flagrant violation of students’ rights to freedom of conscience and freedom from compelled speech.

“The University of Delaware’s residence life education program is a grave intrusion into students’ private beliefs,” FIRE President Greg Lukianoff said. “The university has decided that it is not enough to expose its students to the values it considers important; instead, it must coerce its students into accepting those values as their own. At a public university like Delaware, this is both unconscionable and unconstitutional.”

The university’s views are forced on students through a comprehensive manipulation of the residence hall environment, from mandatory training sessions to “sustainability” door decorations. Students living in the university’s eight housing complexes are required to attend training sessions, floor meetings, and one-on-one meetings with their Resident Assistants (RAs). The RAs who facilitate these meetings have received their own intensive training from the university, including a “diversity facilitation training” session at which RAs were taught, among other things, that “[a] racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality.”

The university suggests that at one-on-one sessions with students, RAs should ask intrusive personal questions such as “When did you discover your sexual identity?” Students who express discomfort with this type of questioning often meet with disapproval from their RAs, who write reports on these one-on-one sessions and deliver these reports to their superiors. One student identified in a write-up as an RA’s “worst” one-on-one session was a young woman who stated that she was tired of having “diversity shoved down her throat.”
FIRE

I think it becomes obvious what the goals of the liberal institutions are: to mold people. I always thought it was scary that people wanted to influence the youth so much with their programs.

However, naturally, men like Christopher Hitchens will consider the Christian educations brought to children as inherently wrong. Perhaps they should take after the Norwegian five year olds and be learning about their sexuality? I think U of D would agree with that assessment as we see their efforts to enlighten their students.

Liberals complain about the influence that religion and conservatism has in institutions (simply by virtue of the fact that we are a default culture, so to speak, though now conservative is reverting to reactionary) and then they fight back by trying to use institutions to force their views down throats.

Though we may certainly have a monopoly on getting 10 year olds to believe that their country is a great and free land, I do not think that there was ever a policy of writing up reports on students who did not agree with patriotic fervor (though those who do not agree with their college's uber-liberal attitudes will be characterized as the worst cases).

It is really time that we begin showing these guys up and running them out of our Universities. It makes my skin crawl to think that people are subjected to Universities actively writing reports on their progress of indoctrination.

And whose money pays for the University of Delaware? Who pays for the programs of indoctrination?

So much for freedom.
Re-education is occurring at the University of Delaware -- Antonio Gramsci is smiling in his grave.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2007, 11:13 PM       
I stopped reading at "Orwellian", because the people who use the term "Orwellian" these days are the exact twats that Eric Blair loathed the most.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 31st, 2007, 11:18 PM       
This is fucking disgusting.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 09:35 AM       
If people don't like it they can vote with their wallets amirite?????