Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 06:21 PM        Man gives Marijuana to Trick-or-Treaters
This is big local news where I live. What a dope! (No pun intended.)

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...6004/1002/NEWS

Cops: Man gave marijuana to trick-or-treaters
Victoria E. Freile, Staff writer

(November 6, 2007) — A Batavia man accused of giving marijuana to trick-or-treaters in Geneseo last week on Halloween is facing felony charges.

B., 22, a student at the State University College at Geneseo in Livingston County, was charged with second-degree criminal sale of marijuana, a felony, first-degree unlawfully dealing with a child and first-degree endangering the welfare of a child, both misdemeanors, said Geneseo Police Chief Eric Osganian. He is slated to appear in Geneseo Village Court tonight for a felony hearing, according to the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office.

Four teens dressed in costume allegedly knocked on the door of 72 Court St., Apt. 1, around 8 p.m. on Oct. 31 and asked for candy. B allegedly told the teens that he did not have any and turned them away, Osganian said.

About an hour later, the teens allegedly returned to the apartment. B allegedly invited them inside, gave them some marijuana and smoked it with the teens, Osganian said. The teens were between ages 15 and 17.

The father of one of involved teens alerted Geneseo Police of the alleged incident that night, after his daughter returned home, he said.

On Friday, officers executed a search warrant at the apartment and also arrested B's roommates — Nicholas W, 21, of Orchard Park, Erie County, and Jesse S, 21, of Larchmont, Westchester County, who are also students at the State University College at Geneseo, Osganian said.

Both young men were charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of marijuana, according to Geneseo Police reports. Watson and Schulman are scheduled to appear in Geneseo Village Court on Dec. 4.

B last week was arraigned in Geneseo Village Court and was remanded to the Livingston County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond, officers said. Additional charges may be pending.

Osganian said he did not know if B shared marijuana with any other trick-or-treaters on Halloween.

Last edited by Mockery : Aug 19th, 2010 at 12:16 AM.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 08:00 PM       
State supported bogarting?

Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 09:50 AM       
Sale of marijuana: felony
Endangering hte welfare of a child: misdemeanor

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM       
I thought it clearly said in the article that he didn't sell it to them, though?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 06:19 PM       
I think he's just pointing out that selling marijuana is considered worse than endangering a child.

Me, I hate kids, but still... I mean, when is pot going to be legal?

Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 08:09 PM       
I was wondering about that too. Can he really be arrested for sale of marijuana when he just gave it away? The charge was second-degree, but I don't know the difference between degrees of criminal charges.

Now if they busted him for distribution, that would be applicable.