Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 06:56 AM        ABC fakes hate, punks conservatives (haha)
And the media is not bias?
On Monday, the local Fox affiliate in Birmingham, Ala., blew the whistle on an ABC News sting operation intended to elicit bigoted responses from local residents. The national ABC News program "Primetime Live" hired actors to pose as same-sex couples and engage in public displays of affection on a park bench. Birmingham police department sources told the Fox affiliate about the social experiment; a local merchant spotted an RV where the ABC crew was stationed. The merchant was told "ABC was working on a week-long project to see how people would react . . . A FOX6 news reporter approached the RV and talked with an 'actor' who said, 'Yes, we are working for ABC News.'"

Welcome to Media Theatrics 101. Instead of simply interviewing folks in the South or staking out real gay couples, ABC News thinks it's fair and objective to stage-manage social experiments and call it journalism. Next thing you know, they'll hire celebrity prankster Ashton Kutcher to jump out and yell, "You just got Punk'd!" as passers-by get ensnared and -- ABC News hopes -- exhibit the signs of prejudice they are so sure exist in Southerners.

Townhall

Basically, they are trying to set up situations to make conservatives look like bigots and racists. Naturally, a few will end up occurring if they wait around long enough (and naturally even mild incidences where a person tells them to act decent would have the footage and narration to make it sound as sinister as a hate crime).

The left goes far out of its way to manufacture emotional arguments concerning race, religion and sexuality because their only currency is the emotion they evoke and the idea that the world needs to be fixed by them.

Talk about underhanded -- a Democrat congressman can be seen in broad daylight accepting a briefcase full of bribe money and it is slowly brushed under the rug. However, the media engineers controversy on behalf of the left wing.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 10:45 AM       
biased. You always use this word incorrectly. Your sentence calls for the past tense. Something may have a bias which means it is biased.

And ABC is not the media. 'The Media' is plural, a vast plural. ABC is a single media outlet. Here your flawed writing reveals a flawed thought process.

Slow down. Bite off amounts you are capable of chewing. Chew with your mouth closed and don't talk with your mouth full. It may turn out that you have something worth saying, but you are like a child in his first year of violin who insists on playing concertos instead of 'hot cross buns'. You come across as a blithering idiot, and even in cases where you might be correct about something, you tarnish your side of the argument by arguing it so poorly.

Simplify, take some care or simply embrace being a laughing stock human pinata clown

Old Nov 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM       
Harvard recently concluded that the media is left wing. They did a large bit on it. This is just one piece of the puzzle.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 11:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf View Post
The left goes far out of its way to manufacture emotional arguments concerning race, religion and sexuality because their only currency is the emotion they evoke and the idea that the world needs to be fixed by them.
Talk about underhanded -- a Democrat congressman can be seen in broad daylight accepting a briefcase full of bribe money and it is slowly brushed under the rug. However, the media engineers controversy on behalf of the left wing.
Isn't this in itself a prejudicial statement? I mean you're assuming that all liberals are waiting to snare trap people into sticky situations of racism, much like ABC was assuming and trying to coax out directed responses from people in the south. I personally don't see a difference at all.

Before you turn this around on me and tell me that I'm redirecting guilt, I will be absolutely forthright and say that ABC primetime live is pretty much equivalent to Page6 or TMZ in my book. Every week there's a promo for the hidden dangers in your house like "the hot tub that sucked out my toddlers rectum" to "how putting your phone on vibrate releases mercury into the local drinking water"
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 09:37 AM       
Oops. Wrong thread.

Last edited by Perndog : Nov 8th, 2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Fucked up
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 09:54 AM       
Isn't any Kultreklub thread the same wrong thread?

Old Nov 9th, 2007, 12:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice View Post
Isn't this in itself a prejudicial statement? I mean you're assuming that all liberals are waiting to snare trap people into sticky situations of racism, much like ABC was assuming and trying to coax out directed responses from people in the south. I personally don't see a difference at all.

Before you turn this around on me and tell me that I'm redirecting guilt, I will be absolutely forthright and say that ABC primetime live is pretty much equivalent to Page6 or TMZ in my book. Every week there's a promo for the hidden dangers in your house like "the hot tub that sucked out my toddlers rectum" to "how putting your phone on vibrate releases mercury into the local drinking water"
Fair enough. However, this is definitely very liberal.. Do you deny that?
125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 01:25 AM       
Oh, shit! It's liberal!
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 10:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf View Post
Fair enough. However, this is definitely very liberal.
So?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 01:27 PM       
I feel like this would be a real story if ABC was using actors as the people saying hateful things, and not just the gay couple.