Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
MrAdventure MrAdventure is offline
MY DAD
MrAdventure's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: HEAVEN
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 12:51 AM       
Can I get your dad's e-mail address?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Fathom Zero Fathom Zero is offline
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cancer
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 01:50 AM       
I just bought Justice's debut album (COOL CD ART) and it disappointed me that it was the last one there tucked away behind some shit band. The CD section keeps shrinking.

I do like the opportunity when I find a diamond in the rough, an album I hadn't heard before. It's how I found Morphine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips View Post
Oh god fathom zero, you are revealing yourself to be completely awful
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Cedar Cedar is offline
Mongoloid
Cedar's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Behind Trees
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 02:11 AM       
i still buy cds, the las one i bought was a Devo compilation
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Darktrooper11 Darktrooper11 is offline
Forum Virgin
Darktrooper11's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Baltimore MD
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 04:42 AM       
I buy Cd's still because I like to physically own things and hear them out of my kick-ass stereo system.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Darktrooper11 Darktrooper11 is offline
Forum Virgin
Darktrooper11's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Baltimore MD
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 04:43 AM       
oops

Last edited by Darktrooper11 : Dec 31st, 2007 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Double post
Reply With Quote
  #31  
WhiteRat WhiteRat is offline
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 02:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktrooper11 View Post
I buy Cd's still because I like to physically own things and hear them out of my kick-ass stereo system.
I concur. I also like to own the actual cd because it looks better in my collection as well. I usually buy the cds of any artist I give a shit about.
__________________
...and so Hurley said: "Get your money, man. Don't be no couch potato hustla."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Sundowner Sundowner is offline
Forum Virgin
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Da 306
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 03:03 PM       
I like buying CDs because I have this compulsion to hoard things.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Jemry Jemry is offline
Is Awesome
Jemry's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Delbourne, Micktoria
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM       
I still buy, not very often though. There's a difference between having the music and having the actual record. I like having a physical collection that you can point out and say, "That's what I spent my food money on."
__________________
Rica dica tic toc

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Cedar Cedar is offline
Mongoloid
Cedar's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Behind Trees
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 03:39 PM       
i also buy vinyl
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
23_ 23_ is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 07:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I buy CDs because I like having a tangible backup of what I buy in case technology turns against me again
Same for me. I've just recently started buying blank CDs to put my downloaded music on because I recently realized I had my iPod for almost 2 years and it might just stop working soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I use http://www.ruckus.com for all my music needs now. You need a .edu email address though so go to college and get educated you slackers because I just downloaded over $1000 worth of albums for free and it's legal

:spam
Ruckus downloads are useless if you have an iPod like I do. Unless you want to look for a shady program to break their licenses.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
soundtest soundtest is offline
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM       
I haven't purchased a CD in over 10 years. Regardless of liking the physical media, purchasing CDs is supporting the RIAA which has ruined countless of people's lives (financially at least). Unless of course you purchase CDs from independent artists or labels or the few major artists who take a progressive stance against the recording industry mafia (e.g., NIN, Radiohead, etc.).
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Fathom Zero Fathom Zero is offline
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cancer
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 08:49 PM       
I do that, too. Who was the band that let people pay whatever they wanted for their album?

Also, downloaded music's revenue goes, in part, to the RIAA as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips View Post
Oh god fathom zero, you are revealing yourself to be completely awful
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 11:04 PM       
NIN and Radiohead suck dick, though
Reply With Quote
  #39  
soundtest soundtest is offline
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 11:31 PM       
Quote:
Also, downloaded music's revenue goes, in part, to the RIAA as well.
Depends where you download it.

Quote:
NIN and Radiohead suck dick, though
Your point? These are just examples off the top of my head of artists that have spoken out against the RIAA.

Here you can see if a dick sucking mainstream artist you do like supports suing grandmothers and college students:

http://www.riaaradar.com/
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Fathom Zero Fathom Zero is offline
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cancer
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:28 AM       
Haha! http://www.riaaradar.com/search.asp?...eyword=Justice

Justice is AOK! Probably 'cause they and their label are French.

I like how the Grey Album is "unknown."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips View Post
Oh god fathom zero, you are revealing yourself to be completely awful
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Eyelobe Eyelobe is offline
Member
Eyelobe's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:32 AM       
I still buy CDs. The artwork and liner notes is an important part of the experience for me...and I like the album format - listening to songs in the order the musicians intended.

By the way, how can anyone say Radiohead suck? They can be mind-numbingly pretentious at times, but "suck"? No.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Fathom Zero Fathom Zero is offline
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cancer
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:35 AM       
Yes, Radiohead sucks. No, you are wrong.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips View Post
Oh god fathom zero, you are revealing yourself to be completely awful
Reply With Quote
  #43  
executioneer executioneer is offline
OH GOD
executioneer's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2001
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:14 AM       
only college girls like radiohead
__________________
[COLOR=purple][COLOR=Magenta]SHAME ON A [COLOR=Pink]NIGGA WHO TRY TO RUN [/COLOR][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGI6mhfJyA"]GAME[/URL] ON A NIGGA[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #44  
comhcinc comhcinc is offline
I likes PIE!
comhcinc's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rocket City, USA
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 06:47 PM       
i still buy cds. sure i like owning a physical copy and the album art and liner notes, but mostly i really get off by masterbating with the cds.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Miss Modular Miss Modular is offline
Little Monster
Miss Modular's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Haus of Gaga
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:14 PM       
Sergio Mendes' Greatest Hits was the last album I bought...over a month and a half ago. I mostly D/L now, and I'll get songs off of I-tunes when I want them.

Basically, I'll buy the cd if the album has songs that are 13 and a half minutes long, and if I know I'd listen to it somewhere besides my IPod.
__________________
Live From New York, It's Saturday Night!!!: http://notready4primetime.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Chain-So-Matic Zombies Chain-So-Matic Zombies is offline
HEEEY Fatso ?
Chain-So-Matic Zombies's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In my stinkin' room
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 06:10 AM       
OF COURSE i'm still buying (((((empty))))) cd (rs)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
executioneer executioneer is offline
OH GOD
executioneer's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2001
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM       
that's not what this thread is about and you know it you cock
__________________
[COLOR=purple][COLOR=Magenta]SHAME ON A [COLOR=Pink]NIGGA WHO TRY TO RUN [/COLOR][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGI6mhfJyA"]GAME[/URL] ON A NIGGA[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #48  
dirtyxblondexdame dirtyxblondexdame is offline
Blonde Ambition
dirtyxblondexdame's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM       
I have soulseek too, but i do buy cd's if i really dig the whole album.

i just bought Priestess' album from amazon.com. fucking rocks.
__________________
not creative enough for a signature
Reply With Quote
  #49  
soundtest soundtest is offline
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyxblondexdame View Post
I have soulseek too, but i do buy cd's if i really dig the whole album.

i just bought Priestess' album from amazon.com. fucking rocks.
Hahah I know Mikey and used to party with them in Montreal. Not a fan of their music though.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Vanhelm13 Vanhelm13 is offline
Member
Vanhelm13's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 11:48 PM       
I don't buy CDs from bands that headline tours, because at that point their money is going to be coming mostly from the touring, and not the music sales.
But if there's some band no one's heard of then I'll definitely buy the CD.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.