Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned

kgp4death is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 06:15 PM       
oh didn't see old post even with search....please delete this.
NES Boy is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2009, 02:10 AM        Now that that's over with...
First order of business: updated trailer!

Now, to heavily paraphrase from another site:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii has proven time and time again how ambitious it is by satisifying just about every Mario lover out there, and today not only proves that in spades, it also includes something that everyone can love and use: Hint Movies!

Armed with all of the video walkthrough power it can muster, NSMBWii ups the ante by not only allowing you to watch Super Guide (novice walkthroughs if you're not doing too well on a level), but also giving you the option, with the price of Star Coins, to watch videos of more advanced tricks, some of them involving the co-op feature (for instance, there's a video of Luigi stomping on enemies and collecting coins and power-ups while Mario and the Toads help keep him afloat by letting their Yoshis slurp him up and spit him out so that he can accumulate 1-Ups by killing enemies). So fear not. Soon enough you’ll be able to play the game like a pro.

Oh, and…

Lock your doors, close the blinds, cancel all priorities, and shoot your son while you're at it.

The Koopalings are truly back.

Click here to watch the battle with Lemmy Koopa in action!
(Or, you can click on the above image to watch the opening sequence.)

More slightly longer but still really small signature. Seriously, I-Mockery, why are you censoring some of your own curse words on your "Latest Article" image when you don't elsewhere?

Last edited by NES Boy : Oct 17th, 2009 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Forgot the link in the image AND had a url error. I'm such a dumbass.
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 08:57 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyxTRfZZ5fY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg7gP7-sQMQ

Mario is back (in glorious 2D)! I mentioned earlier in this thread that I think that NSMB is bland and a disappointment, and I hoped that NSMBW wouldn't turn out to be more of the same. Wish freaking granted! This game looks phenomenal! If the game is as fun to play as it looks, we could have SMB3 finally dethroned. The only way I could be more pumped for this game is if Wario and classic Toad could replace the blue and yellow ones (so lazy) and that damnable NSMB Theme was replaced with the classic SMB Theme, but otherwise, this game is going to blow all our minds (hopefully).
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 09:31 PM       
It actually looks really fun. Maybe a Best buy or Toys R Us here will have a kiosk
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 10:35 PM       
My only regret is that is was not named NSMB 2 or something, I can already foresee confusion for some people when buying the game. Like parents or Grandparents who may not be totally familiar buying their kid the older DS title they don't actively want.

Last edited by robo_rob : Nov 2nd, 2009 at 07:51 PM.
The Mighty One
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM       
We're 13 days away people! Here's IGN's preview to further wet appetites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpcJNEWKzCY
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 10:39 PM       
It's definitely a hard game. Not crazy hard, but if you're going solo, it's tricky, especially if you're going for the special coins, which unlock bonus levels. Fortunately, the game gives you a shitload of lives, and by world 4, I had 99.

Playing with more people can be really fun, but really challenging, since you're constantly bumping into someone. Sometimes you reach new areas, other times you're hitting goombas and losing lives. So this is when having 99 lives is useful. Also, I love how the A button puts you in a bubble. It lets you float around, unharmed in multiplayer, so if you're playing with someone who sucks, they can skip hard parts until you free them. Basically, multiplayer is perfect for playing with anyone.

Yoshi's awesome in that he retains moves from Yoshi's island, but you don't get to keep him, and he only appears in certain levels. The new powerups are okay; the Ice/Penguin suit is definitely popular, but propeller isn't and fun as the Racoon of cape powers.

I give the game a B from what I've played so far.

The Mighty One
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM       
Are you in Australia? If you are, it must be nice to get a game before the U.S.A. and Japan for once, ehh?
has a woody
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 05:36 PM       
No, I'm in Massachusetts.

The Mighty One
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM       
You got some kind of hook-up? How'd you get the game, man?
has a woody
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 08:09 PM       
Beat Bowser. Pretty intense, actually. But if you manage to get the propeller suit, it becomes a little too easy.

Now the bonus levels, THOSE are fucking tough. No checkpoints means you gotta do them in one run, and you've got to use some pretty fancy tricks to get through them,

Quote:
You got some kind of hook-up? How'd you get the game, man?
Sure, you could say that, lad.

The Mighty One
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 08:55 PM       
Ahh... I get ya. Sniff sniff, wink wink, say no more.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 11:08 PM       
If you buy this game from amazon.com they will give you a $10 credit towards your next video game purchase. I can't wait for this game to arrive
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 12:09 AM       
I've been meaning to pick up my pre-order for this for about a week now. Can't wait to play it, but have been busy sitting around doing nothing.
Banned
last_hopes is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 02:57 AM        New Super Mario Bros Wii
Някой знае ли от каде мога да сваля музиката и звуците от SNES: Super Mario Bros???
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 06:37 AM       
I've been playing it recently and it gets pretty damn hard. Then if you add another player into the mix things get even more difficult and I can't even imagine three or four players doing it at once. I did manage to get some four player coin battles in and they were very fun and very chaotic.