Can you dig it?!

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 10:10 PM       
I have my tickets
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 06:27 PM       
just got back from the theatre, it was okay. about what i expected i guess.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 07:50 PM       
those kids are fucking rubbish actors. you would expect them to start to get better in a fourth film. The kid who plays harry potter is devoid of anything even vaguely approaching a character. And the script sucked.
That said, the effects were pretty cool and it was reasonably entertaining. too long though. Bah. and the pubs were shut cos it was past 11 when we got out. shitting crikey.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 01:59 AM       
I thought the whole graveyard scene was marvelously done. I had tears welling in my eyes by the time we were back in moody's office.

Sure, the kids need work but they're getting better, and except for the creepy indian girls I liked it alot.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 07:18 AM       
the indian girls weren't creepy, and were better actors than the main 3.
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 10:34 AM       
i don't see how anyone who hasn't read the book could really understand the movie. they left tons out
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 03:44 PM       
i went with chojin, and he didn't understand a lot of it, but he was also tired as hell. i read the books, so i know the plotline, but poor cho was left in the dark.

I like a few of the touches they put into the movie that weren't in the book, but i think that explaining why when moody drinks from the flask no one thinks anything of it is more important than showing the sirius/harry scene.
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 11:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadKennedys
I thought the whole graveyard scene was marvelously done. I had tears welling in my eyes by the time we were back in moody's office.
I didn't care for Cedric in the book but I was pissed when he died in the movie. Then I cried when he tells Harry to take his body back. It was really sad but at least it kept with the tone of the book at the end. They left too much out, I know thats a given for these movies but even I got lost at some parts.

And where the fuck were the Dursleys?
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 12:26 AM       
based on my level of caring i decided to watch the movie vicariously through the reviews.

it seems to me that they got rid of all the lame shit (his useless family, malfory, superfluous "this is magic land, everything is babies" CGI) and made the movie for people that read the book.
\
sounds great to me.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 10:06 PM       
I didn't read the book. So I guess I didn't understand a lot. I don't care, though. I think the movie sucked, crappy acting mixed with fake looking cg makes for a seven dollars dearly missed.

mmmcdaniel is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:07 PM       
my thoughts on harry potter movies:

the kids suck donkey balls when it comes to acting, several scenes are cut out, and they rely heavily on special effects

to the cast of the movies:
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:17 PM       
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:29 PM       
I like how you can always find the stupid people by the number of emoticons they use.

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:45 PM       
[quote="ItalianStereotype"]I like how you can always find the stupid people by the number of emoticons they use.

i enjoy the fact you're a stupid bitch.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:46 PM       
haha, okay! are you sure you wouldn't like to drive the point home with some bacos or a boot or a toilet or a hot dog maybe?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 04:00 PM       
lol ;<

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 04:03 PM       
i pity your offspring
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 04:09 PM       
I pity your parents.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 04:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules and Guidelines
General Posting Guidelines:

3) When posting a new topic, please make sure it's something at least semi worthwhile. A post that simply contains the word "hi" or a single emoticon generally isn't going to do anything except waste people's time. If the majority of your posts are shorter than your signature file, that's probably a clear sign that you're not really adding anything valuable to any conversations.

5) Post Counts - It's not a contest here on the boards. Your post count means JACK SHIT. Just because you have 1000 posts doesn't mean you're going to all of a sudden gain a lot of respect, if anything, we'll just pity you for accumulating so many posts in such a short period of time. Do NOT make lots of posts just to simply drive up your post count. Anybody caught doing this will be warned the first time, and then banned if they're caught doing it again.

6) It's also not a humor contest here on the boards. For fucks sake, please just be yourself and not some flamboyant jackass who is trying to impress us all with how funny you are. If you're naturally funny, it will show. Just try to contribute to the conversations rather than ruining them. People in the GENERAL BLABBER forum REALLY need to keep this in mind.

7) Replying to topics - I cannot stress it enough when I say YOU DON'T HAVE TO REPLY TO EVERY SINGLE POST. You people know who you are... you have this sick need to reply to every single thing that is posted on these forums even if it has nothing to do with you. If you have a desire to respond that frequently, try a fucking chat room.

9) Fighting with other mockers. Obviously people are going to argue, but if you want to actually duke it out with another mocker, we have a "Mock Wars" forum in which you can do it. Please keep it to that forum rather than filling up other forums with your back 'n forth insult fests. All philosophical/social/religious/politicial debates should be kept in the... you guessed it, "Philosophy/Sociology/Religion/Politics/News/etc" forum.

10) Sarcasm is rampant throughout these boards, so don't take everything that is said on here as a personal attack on you. Chances are, the person who made the comment doesn't even know who the hell you are... and even if they do, they don't care enough to address you personally. So don't go chasing them around in a ton of different threads trying to attack them, because that will just ruin what might be a good conversation. It's a humor site, so try to develop a sense of humor. I-Mockery isn't just about making mockeries of other things, it's being able to laugh at yourself. The sarge said it best when he said, "Here you are all equally worthless."

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 05:56 PM       
to chojin: thanks
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 07:04 PM       
i pity your georgia!

hahahaa-- oh.

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 08:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez
i pity your georgia!

hahahaa-- oh.
the state of georgia has this to say:

name one thing that was good to have come out of california
Legislacerator
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 08:31 PM       
mmmcdaniel I think I speak for the entire board when I say that I'm interested in your opinions on things

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 08:41 PM       
i hope that you burn in hell, you bitch.