Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 01:07 PM       
Ummm... My point of comparing the size of the countries was to illustrate that while gun control might be practical on a tiny little island like the UK or even a marginally less tiny island like Japan... Wait... Is this where I'm supposed to be hilarious? Ok ok ok...

I get it.

...and other such mockery.

I'm not worried about career criminals plotting to steal my VCR as much as I'm worried about the average lazy idiot that decides it's easier to risk his life stealing stuff than it would be to get a job.

I agree with you on your point that ANYONE can own a gun for ANY reason is a bit scary, and even from a libertarian POV I can't read the 2nd Amendment and see where it says right to keep and bear arms and also stockpile them secretly. It's somewhat creepy to know my neighbor might have enough weaponry to arm his own Delta Force and none of the rest of us in the neighborhood has any right to know about that.

On the other hand, government databases that pinpoint the locations of every firearm in the country violates the 2nd in that it was written specifically to guard against government swinging authoritarian as well as to afford protection from ciminals when the government isn't doing it's job.

[hilarity break] [/hilarity break]

I don't know the answer and I'm not sure there is one. Violence is too ingrained in humanity to offer any hope of us ever living in a peaceful world. Somehow this got twisted around to be something other than the "Kerry pretty much just flat out lied" discussion I'd intended. I'm not a "gun-nut" so I don't have the proper motivation to offer a good defense. I'm a reluctant gun owner that's bored with this non-argument now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
For me to believe whatever facts it's going to throw at me, it has to first appeal to my common sense. Otherwise, I have no reason to believe it.
Except maybe for that...

But I'll leave it for later.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 01:57 PM       
- There's a smell of Vinth in this thread...
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 06:30 PM       
All you stupid bitches got bitch slapped! You dyslexic fucks! KERRY SAID YOU CAN BUY AKS BOOHOOO.

Now it's turned into a debate for gun control, that's an improvement. Sort of the eternal arguement, though, of if it's better to attack your enemies before they attack you-- the chicken or the egg? Guns for everyone or guns for none?
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 07:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
"I did listen. That isn't the full quote. "

Oh, Okay, so there's a part missing where he goes, "TERRORISTS BUY AK47's AT GUN SHOWS". DO you mind showing me where this happens?

"KERRY: I believe it was a failure of presidential leadership not to reauthorize the assault weapons ban.

I am a hunter. I'm a gun owner. I've been a hunter since I was a kid, 12, 13 years old. And I respect the Second Amendment and I will not tamper with the Second Amendment.

But I'll tell you this. I'm also a former law enforcement officer. I ran one of the largest district attorney's offices in America, one of the ten largest. I put people behind bars for the rest of their life. I've broken up organized crime. I know something about prosecuting.

And most of the law enforcement agencies in America wanted that assault weapons ban. They don't want to go into a drug bust and be facing an AK-47.

I was hunting in Iowa last year with a sheriff from one of the counties there, and he pointed to a house in back of us, and said, "See the house over? We just did a drug bust a week earlier, and the guy we arrested had an AK-47 lying on the bed right beside him. "

Because of the president's decision today, law enforcement officers will walk into a place that will be more dangerous. Terrorists can now come into America and go to a gun show and, without even a background check, buy an assault weapon today.

And that's what Osama bin Laden's handbook said, because we captured it in Afghanistan. It encouraged them to do it.

So I believe America's less safe.

If Tom DeLay or someone in the House said to me, "Sorry, we don't have the votes," I'd have said, "Then we're going to have a fight. "

And I'd have taken it out to the country and I'd have had every law enforcement officer in the country visit those congressmen. We'd have won what Bill Clinton won. "

http://www.debates.org/pages/trans2004d.html

DAMN, IT MUST BE A LIBERAL CONSPIRACY!!!!
Did you even read the quote?

It's obvious that Kerry implied that an AK47 is an assault weapon that can now legally be purchased. If he weren't, the comment about the AK47 would have been entirely irrelevant.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 01:04 AM       
Thats the problem-- I read, and listened

People have paragraphs and sentences for a reason-- it's a debate. They say plenty of things all at once, on a related topic, because they have a time frame(Maybe you noticed that when the guy said, "You have ninety seconds). They are related. Would you like the definition of related? It was about gun control, mentioning a SITUATION or EXAMPLE in which a bad guy had an assault weapon is something called intelligent debating. Then later mentioning why it has been allowed to happen... what the fuck man, you need to learn how to read and listen. I feel sorry for you if you can't tell these things apart.

You're exactly the kind of sucker they look for in a human being.

Like I said, I have this CRAZY ability to listen to people and understand what they are saying, maybe that's why I'm not a halfwit who starts threads like, "KERRY SAID YOU CAN BUY AK47'S", when that's cleary what he didn't say at all. You know how i know? Because he didn't say, "Terrorists buy their ak47's from america!" , now maybe if it had said that you'd have a valid point, but other than that you're just going, "LOOK THE PARAGRAPHS ARE NEXT TO EACHOTHER ITS A CONSPIRACY" "OH GOD LOOK THESE TWO BOOKS ARE NEXT TO EACHOTHER IN THE BOOK STORE ITS A CONSPIRACY".

OH SHIT, BUSH AND KERRY STOOD NEXT TO EACHOTHER IN THE DEBATE. WHAT THE FUCK, ITS A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! THEY MUST HAVE BEEN TALKING TO EACHOTHER OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! I SHOULD WRITE A FUCKING BOOK AM I RIGHT.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 07:36 PM       
I understand that he didn't directly state it. However, it's blatantly obvious that's what he wants you to think. If you honestly cannot see how Kerry was trying to mislead America with that comment, then I pity you.
BANNED

Old Oct 17th, 2004, 10:24 PM       
I MISLEAD AMERICA BY PUTTING SENTENCES NEXT TO EACHOTHER! PLEASE INPEACH ME!

You know, you used the word 'I' and 'mislead' next to eachother! You must be trying to mislead me! I FIGURED OUT YOUR PLAN.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 10:21 PM       
A question then: Is Bush responsible for the polls that at one time showed that 70% of Americans believed Saddam Hussein had something to do with the planning and/or implementation of the 9/11/1 attacks?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!