Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 04:15 PM       
The bloody raid conducted Sunday in north Baghdad against Shiites assembled in a mosque in the country's capital continues to elicit reactions. Shiite leaders, who suggest there were around twenty deaths, denounce an American bungle. The Unified Iraqi Alliance, the Shiite coalition in power, describes that operation as a "massacre" and demands that the American government cede responsibility for the maintenance of order to the Iraqi government.

"American forces and Iraqi Special Forces committed an odious crime when they attacked the Al-Mustapha Mosque in the Ur neighborhood," the Shiite bloc asserts in a communiqué. "It's an organized crime with serious political and security implications. It aims to incite a civil war," the Shiites insist. "To kill such a great number of the faithful of the family of the Prophet after handcuffing and torturing them is indefensible. It's an attack on the dignity of Iraqis that strips away any credibility from the slogans of freedom, democracy and pluralism flaunted by the American administration," the communiqué concludes.

That's what the UIA is saying. They are currently the largest unified block in the democratically elected government.

I have no idea wether the report of the attack is even remotely correct, but the comunique is real. If Al Sistani gets on Al Jezira and says "Now, we don't know what's happened yet, lets everybody calm down" and then everybody does, that will be a measure of how much he can impact what we are able to do there. Unless of course it's true, in which case I'd say all bets are off.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM       
"We have decided today to cease all political and logistical cooperation with American forces," declared Hussein al Tahan, governor of Bahgdad, adding that the United States embassy and the Iraqi Defense Ministry should be associated with the investigation, but not the American military.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 04:41 PM       
FINALLY! Jokes! Chimp out, Burbank! With comedy like that, it's no wonder they pay you the big bucks to write those little skits at the Space Museum.

Wait. You were really trying to talk politics again? Oh shucks. From the bottom of my shoe to your eye. Now that was some real Iraqi insight for ya.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 08:05 PM       
I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. You're kind of a doofus though, huh?
Mocker

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 08:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I seriously have no idea what you're talking about.
What else is new.

....and still waiting on your joke quota for this thread.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM       
I'm sorry. There's just no point. I might as well be telling jokes to a tuna sandwhich.
Mocker

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM       
You made babies with a Ham Sandwhich...don't act like you have standards now.

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM       
Are you referencing the fact that my wife isn't Jewish, or is there some other burried bit of wisdom?

You are coming unglued.