Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 08:09 AM       
Ronnie, you're such a fucking weasel sometimes. Is it so hard to admit you might have erred? Being a Christian doesn't make you as omnipotent as God himself, or any who oppose your views heretical heathens.

Quote:
Burbank: "Or deciding wether he or W are wrong about Jesus being a Political Philosipher."
Ronnie: "Where is the transcript where Bush said that. The sources you gave contradicted each other."
IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER. Before even reading the transcipts you started defending Bush's supposed statement, and, furthermore, asserted you agreed with it personally. WHO CARES IF HE SAID IT. YOU AGREED TO IT ANYWAY. Does it somehow make your agreement with the thought that Jesus was a political philospher invalid if Bush didn't say it first? Is there a hand up your ass making you talk?

I, personally, believe Christ's teachings can have political implications if you wish to view them in that light. To wit:

Jesus counseled nonviolence and resisted violent reciprocity even when undertaking the sufferage of crufication. Can this not be seen as national neutrality, as Norway and Sweden maintained during World War 2?

Jesus said "Give all that you own to the poor" (Mark 14:3-7 if memory serves) Can this possibly have anything to do with taxation policies and the redistribution of wealth?

Jesus included foreigners, strangers, outcasts and the unclean in his compassion. Can this by chance carry any meaning for America's immigration policy and its responsibilities to people in other nations?

Thats just off the top of my head Ronnie. I swear, sometimes I can't help but think you're a character designed to make conservatives look two dimensional and fanatics for ignorance.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 10:20 AM       
Quote:
"Let's hope he does a better job than demonstrating I hate what America Stands For."

Free speech.
Free speech? No shit Sherlock. You keep saying that whenever someone criticizes you. Idiot, do you think free speech means you can't be criticized?

Quote:
Sorry Max, Justice is a good thing and I hope to see more. I'm sorry you disagree but I'm not surprised.
You ass. Excessive use of force is not justice. Justice is not to be decided by police, it is to be decided by courts. The police do not decide who is innocent and who is guilty.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 11:03 AM        Free Speech
Quote:
"Let's hope he does a better job than demonstrating I hate what America Stands For."

Free speech.
Now, EXPLAIN IT.

How is Max against free speech?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 11:31 AM       
Nice to see that the hebe took some time off reading the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and sucking the bone marrow out of little Arab and Christian children's bones to insult me.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 12:21 PM       
Hebe should be capitalized. And you're right. It was nice. The rest of your comment just seemed forced. Sorry, Ronnie is still more repulsive than you right now.

Jeanette. He'll never do more than Post 'free speech' because he is constitutionally unable to admit he's wrong. I responded to his witless charge more than once, even demonstrating that I personally view free speech to be more important than the seperation of church and state and that while personally I think it would be a poor idea, I would support the legal right to prayer in school as long as all and any prayer were allowed. Naldo got all confused and asked us to believe he would support Satanist prayer in school if there were Satanist students.

Ronnies take on Jesus was that "He was not into Politics". I said this put him at Odds with W, and posted multiple sources, which did indeed view the (and report) the quote differently, but all agreed that Bush had meant he saw Jesus as his favorite Political philosipher. PEGGY NOONAN, a complete W psycophant, is on public record as thinking that's what he meant and chalking it up to poor debating skills. As if I hadn't done enough work for Ronnie, I then finally found and posted an article with actual verbatim text and the order of who said what. I offered him multiple interpretations, I even went so far as to include one that would allow Ronnie to save face with Bush taking the question as being about thought in general as opposed to political thought. Not only did I not get a thank you for doing his research for him, I didn't even get a response. He'd already decided his answer to the question was that I hadn't given him anything to answer. He hasn't even weighed in on what he thinks W thinks, or what he himself thinks, let alone if there's a disagreement there. Pretty stubborn coming from a man who claims to be open to questions.

"I didn't write the article. Not my words"
I think we all agree there. The question is, why did you post it? Your current answer "Just bringing the news to I-mockery" is ridiculous. You chose to post it, this choice surely shows something as it was not a random selection, and you don't have the strength of character to comment because it might reveal something about you as a person. But you'll just say "I didn't write the article. Not my words" and pretend you think it's a response.

"Sorry Max, Justice is a good thing and I hope to see more. "
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realized you just meant generic Justice as opposed to the welts shown in those photos. And you were just sort of randomly commenting out of context on your love of justice and not supporting the execution of justice by an armed police force as opposed to the judiciary. 'Cause that would be, you know, hating something America stands for. I apologize for misunderstanding you. I'm sure it has nothing to do with you either horrendously mistating your case, backpeddling or just being a very heartless, uncaring person.

"I'm only going by your own words. "

I'm sorry, Nalds, which word would those be speciffically? I mean, I hate to ask you to do some work, but in context, IE me disliking you for who you are as opposed to some poor sportsmanship regarding war, what words are you thinking of here? Espcially since my dislike of you predates the war. Come up with an example. Unless you're lying.

"Or posting that stupid ass nonexistant submarine letter."
-Me

"I don't know what you're talking about."
-Naldo

Big shock. Of course, you would if you
A.) Read this message board instead of just posting on it.
or
B.) Read the paragraph you took that quote from and parsed the meaning from it by using the verbs and subjects.
or
C.) Had a sense of humor more developed than a Marine Gelly.

And Proto. I knew you'd get my joke. It was for you. Heart eyes pulsing emoticon.

GothNAPrepsBody is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 12:05 PM       
I feel that they should have been broken up and that they knew that that was comming but i wonder was it realy necessary

Lets take a moment of silence for them.... :(

Okay time to get high. :)
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 01:11 PM       
I would shoot you with a rubber bullet.