Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 01:47 PM        A plea to the "Veterens"/A fellating of Chojin
I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most popular person on these forums. Why? I don't know, but I know I have a lot of attacks to defend myself against. I like to think that I provide enough intelligence to carry on decent discussions, and also provide enough humor to entertain. And sadly, that's more than almost anyone else on these forums is offering anymore, which is why I am writing this.

There used to be a point when intelligence and entertainment were plentiful on these boards, to compliment the content found on the actual I-Mockery site. There used to be a little something called "effort" that was put into posts. But this "effort" has become nonexistent. This place really WAS better in the old days, it seems.

You see, there are a lot of folks who have been around for a long time, and therefore should know better. Maybe they're just tired, and maybe they think it's not worth the effort. But people who used to be pillars that supported these forums, have fallen apart.

When responding to someone whom a "Mocker" didn't like, they'd use this intelligence and humor and effort, forming posts that got their point across, yet still managing to be amusing. It's what separated you from those you were attacking, who typically provided nothing to these boards except idiocy and aggrivation. But now, the battle strategy has changed, to apparently replicating iciody and aggrivation. And that's the problem.

No longer are you holding yourselves up to the standards YOU set. You settle for acting JUST like those who are considered "problems." And for what purpose? Fight fire with fire? You should be putting the fire OUT, not fanning the flames. This new strategy isn't getting the point across, and it's not providing the entertainment value that used to be the reason to come here.

Acting like idiots only makes you LOOK like idiots. It's not effective for anything else but to destroy everything you've worked to create here. I can no longer tell what makes someone like Dole any better than someone like RedLeader, because their M.O.'s are nearly identical. Except I KNOW once, Dole used to be smart and provide content worth reading. I just wish I knew what happened to him, and all of you.

There are some exceptions. Jixby still provides a fair level of entertainment value, though he's changed his direction to something far more laid back and subtle. This is good for those of us smart enough to see what he's doing (even though it doesn't provide any value in the ways of insulting those who need insulting), but it's not the top quality content he used to provide long ago. I have fond memories of him and Miss Emma with skateboards in the toy store. I miss the days when I could come on and find a new Jixby adventure that would literally keep me happy for days.

Chojin, on the other hand, is the ideal of what you all should be doing. Unlike everyone else, he's actually improved his talents over time, rather than giving them up. Any time I see Chojin provide content, it's either incredibly entertaining, or horribly scathing, or both. His comments to Lotida in the HACKED! thread are pure gold, and the confessions of love that followed are evidence of this. Chojin is single-handedly carrying the weight of these boards with his material.

So, in closing, I ask that all of you start being more like Chojin. I'm sick and tired of having to deal with comments of idiocy from ALL fronts. If you want to hate me or others, do it in a way that you and I deserve. RedLeader, sports, ArrowX, etc can all come up to me and act like complete idiots, and when those of you who are known to do better than that ALSO come up to me and act like complete idiots, you're no better than those who are dislikes. And in turn, I'm better than you and you're half-assed attempt at pissing me off. You ARE pissing me off, but for all the wrong reasons. You're pissing me off because I pity what you've become. I'm aggrivated by your stupidity because you ARE stupid.

And now a pre-emptive

James