Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 07:54 PM        CHRISTMAS SEASON ON I-MOCKERY!
Christmas season has arrived and we've got the site all decked out once again. If you're not seeing the animated Christmas I-Mockery logo at the top of your screen, I suggest clearing your browser cache and hitting refresh.

Anyway, if there's any Christmas / holiday stuff in particular you guys would like to see us cover this season, please post your suggestions in this thread. Due to time constraints, we can't make any promises that we'll do articles based on your suggestions, but if it's something really good, we'll likely do a write-up of some sort sooner or later.

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM       
Tonights the first night of Hannukah. Good night, Mr. Burbank, wherever you are.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM       
I'd like to see a (scathing) review of capitalisms iron fisted grip on children through the false meanings of Christmas, and how the system props itself up by desperately getting us to buy more and more mass produced rubbish we don't need every year.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 08:37 PM       
Cap'n beat me to the Chanukah thing. There's some new dark chocolate gelt (the coins) on the market that aren't as godawful-waxy as the usual milk chocolate ones. The search for the old-time foil wrapped Maccabees continues

Mr. Kitsa chose a gift at random from the pile and got Star of David sprinkles, as he will not eat cupcakes or icing without sprinkles. The baby got a cloth menorah that you stick candles on with velcro. As usual, I got nothing.
Forum Virgin
bebop cola is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 09:18 PM       
I would kill for a box of Christmas Capn' Crunch
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 09:27 PM       
What movie should I watch first? Silent Night Deadly Night or Ernest Saves Christmas?
Forum Virgin
bebop cola is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 10:56 PM       
Earnest! HEY VERN
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 02:03 AM       
captain516 - Yeah, that's definitely something for Max to cover if he ever resurfaces again.

Zhukov - But I love the mass produced rubbish we don't need. Sure I could spend the money on something more worthwhile, but then my Christmas tree wouldn't have a badass Galaga arcade ornament dangling from one of the branches, now would it? Besides, I'd rather see the holidays be about gift giving than all the jebus crap.

bebop cola - Yeah that's some good cereal... haven't seen it yet, but the holidays wouldn't be complete without that cereal shredding the inside of my mouth.

Ex Leper - As much as I love Silent Night, Deadly Night, I gotta go with Ernest Saves Christmas simply because I'm a huge Jim Varney fan. Save Silent Night for later in the month.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 02:32 AM       
You're right, I'll save it. Its perfect for a new Christmas Eve tradition
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 06:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
I'd like to see a (scathing) review of capitalisms iron fisted grip on children through the false meanings of Christmas, and how the system props itself up by desperately getting us to buy more and more mass produced rubbish we don't need every year.
Pinkos should love xmas though, Santa wears Red after all
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 08:50 AM       
Awesomely, our first snowfall was December 1st.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 10:53 AM       
Im with Zhukov. Fuck capitalism for making me actually spend money buying gifts for my loved ones. Maybe I wanted to keep it in a pillow case under my floorboards to assemble the worlds greatest dust collection. Sons of bitches I tell you.
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 07:50 PM       
How about crappy Xmas hats? I'm fine with normal Santa hats, but some go overboard with animatronic lights and antlers and shit.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 08:57 PM       
I went to a holiday party today. It was outdoors and I was sitting by one of those little tabletop fireplaces. A guy came over, gave me this weird intense look, and put his hand directly into the flames, staring at me. He held it there for like a minute and a half and walked off.

Also, later he came and handed my daughter a tissue from his purse.

I'm a little confused.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 09:12 PM       
sounds like a serial killer
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 09:53 PM       
TELL YOUR DAUGHTER I WANT MY TISSUE BACK.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 09:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I went to a holiday party today. It was outdoors and I was sitting by one of those little tabletop fireplaces. A guy came over, gave me this weird intense look, and put his hand directly into the flames, staring at me. He held it there for like a minute and a half and walked off.

I'm a little confused.
It's ok, at the end of the party, Riggs kicked his ass
Banned
dunn8392 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I went to a holiday party today. It was outdoors and I was sitting by SPAMBOTS EDIT THINGS A guy came over, gave me this weird intense look, and put his hand directly into the flames, staring at me. He held it there for like a minute and a half and walked off.

I'm a little confused.
Whoa. That is really intense.

Last edited by executioneer : Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 02:25 PM       
It was a pretty purse. It was a Vera Bradley.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 01:02 PM       
I would like to see something about the top Hallmark Christmas movie moments. Meaning moments you enjoyed, the nuggets of goodness in the steaming pile of lazy writing and schmaltz.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 01:50 PM       
I've seen at least 6 types of candy "coal" for stockings, most chocolate and licorice. I've never gotten coal in my shoe/stocking, but I've always wondered about it when people do....like OHOHOHO YOU'VE BEEN BAD YOU BASTARD HERE'S CANDY THAT LOOKS LIKE COAL.

Meanwhile, I've got a paint-your-own-dreidel set and am looking for ideas. 4 days left!
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 01:53 PM       
btw, don't bother with Tim Horton's seasonal "candy cane" hot chocolate and donuts, it's just a regular chocolate donut with smashed peppermint candy stuck to the icing. The hot chocolate is their powdered stuff with something that tastes vaguely like toothpaste and more crushed candy on the foam.