Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM       
I have to admit, I thought it was just an elaborate way to dump on Pram Maven, which I don't have any problem with.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
I have to admit, I thought it was just an elaborate way to dump on Pram Maven, which I don't have any problem with.
there was that, too
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM       
This discussion probably belongs in the "pickle rep system" thread but whatever.

As an adult (at least by age, if not by attitude) who posts in this forum, I have also used the pickle system for rewarding posts that I consider extremely funny or clever. I used negative rep sparingly, and only for posts that I felt were either inappropriate, or borderline offensive. I think I once red pickled someone in a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic fashion, but that was telegraphed.

I neither like nor dislike the system, but I do have a concern that it becomes too much of a "you're all awesome" kind of zugworthy reputation rating style.

The opinions expressed in the above post are my own, they are neither sanctioned by, nor representative of the opinions of the board owners or moderators. Your mileage may vary.
You may already be there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 09:20 PM       
people abusing the system in order to make someone else miserable, I wonder where we learned that from
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 09:45 PM       
CHOJIN IS JUST MAD BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE A FULL SET OF PICKLES YET
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 09:45 PM       
ONLY THE RUDEST DUDES HAVE A FULL SET

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 09:47 PM       
"SORRY YOU KIDS ARE JUST HAVING TOO MUCH FUN WITH THIS PICKLES THING, I'M GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU, YOU SHOULD HAVE GREEN PICKLED MY FITNESS THREAD MORE AND THEN WE WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TO HAVE THIS TALK RIGHT NOW."
The Unicorn
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 09:48 PM       
At least with the pickle system removed we can look forward to a lot more thread derailments when people have to tell Babs or Nick they suck a million times instead of just red pickling them and moving on.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 09:53 PM       
i may neeed to hang up my hat, SAM
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 09:56 PM       
I need to say braw more and talk about banging chicks.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM       
take more pictures of yourself and pictures of you looking at yourself
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:07 PM       
I think whether it stays or goes the pickle system did reveal a few things about poster 'popularity' or 'acceptance' if you will that I was unaware of on the whole. Some peoples' posts were more loved than I thought they were, while there were some people who I thought would shoot straight to full pickles who instead got stuck in a quagmire of mediocrity.

All in all, stay or go it was/is interesting
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:13 PM       
I don't think that any of us were floored by who liked or hated us. I doubt we'll start giving a shit about that one way or another, but the feedback was interesting sometimes, I agree.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:13 PM       
guys with their hatred for cheeseburgers i think we all knew this was coming
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:05 PM       
NOT ME! I THOUGHT YOU WOULD ALL ACT LIKE A GROWN UP, YOU KNOW, THE WAY CHOJIN DOES!
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:17 PM       
Whatever abuses the pickle system may allow, I think it makes up for by being a great way to casually comment on someone else's posts. When someone says something clever I often don't give them the compliment they deserve because I don't want the majority of my posts being 'hehe' or ''.
The Unicorn
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:18 PM       
THE NEXT THING TO BE TAKEN AWAY FROM US IS TADAO, HE'S ALWAYS GETTING COMPLAINED ABOUT!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:10 AM       
Say goodnight, Gracie.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:23 AM       
sam you need to stop being so funny

its out of hand
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:39 AM       
I JUST BLINDLY RED PICKLED SAM! I HOPE I DON'T GET IN TROUBLE!

The Unicorn
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:45 AM       
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The Unicorn
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:46 AM       
YOU HAVE BESMIRCHED MY HONNNNOOORRRRRRRRRRR
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:53 AM       
I always use the pickle system to make small comments of approval that would just flood the board with mediocre posts usually. Unlike this post which has been given a class A rating. If I talked about how much I'd like to see kitsa talk about banging chicks, then it may move to class S, which is somehow better according to japanese people.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:14 AM       
At first, I was a little interested in seeing if I got pickles, but then I realized that as long as no one was giving me negative rep all the time, it didn't matter. Now I can go either way; if it stays, I'm fine. If we get rid of it, that's fine too.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
At first, I was a little interested in seeing if I got pickles, but then I realized that as long as no one was giving me negative rep all the time, it didn't matter. Now I can go either way; if it stays, I'm fine. If we get rid of it, that's fine too.
I don't even remember who you are!

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog