Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 09:03 AM        Installing XP
Running Vista, want XP, how do I change my BIOS to allow me to run from the disc drive when I first boot up? The XP disc wont allow me to install once Vista is running; the 'install' option is greyed out on the discs pop up screen.

Thanks for any help. Easier to ask here than spend hours googling btw.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM       
Usually "advanced BIOS settings" -> "Boot device priority" -> Put DVD-drive on the top of the list.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 01:36 PM       
And if you don't know how to get to da BIOS, it's usually anything on the top row of a keyboard, ESC, F1-12, or Delete. Also, depending on the computer, there might be a different button and screen for the BIOS and the boot priority, like on my computer where I think esc brings up the boot and F9 or something brings up the BIOS.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 01:14 AM       
Thanks guys. Tried this and now it just wont load at all I think my uh, pirated CD might be fucked.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 04:51 PM       
No, I did this recently too. Vista fucks up XPs shit if you don't deleted it completely first.
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 07:14 AM       
Oh damn, that sucks. Thanks though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 11:48 AM       
I hear magnets help.
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 07:00 AM       
WTF I used magnets and I can't seem to get it right
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 09:54 AM       
OH JESUS I'M SORRY
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 11:39 AM       
The best I could get was a dual install of XP and Vista. This sucks. I want to get rid of the Vista side of things because it takes up so much room, but I am a computer retard.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 11:46 AM       
I have suggestions, but I'm afraid you might fuck something up.

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Download this and burn it or stick it on a USB key. When you stick it in your computer, just get to the option where you format your disc. Vista sounds like it has to be nuked before it dies.

Also, keep the disc with the rest of your computer stuffs. It's a handy tool.
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 04:21 AM       
Ta. That can be plan B. Plan A involves my IT friend doing it for me, so I hope that happens.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 11:31 PM       
Did you ever get this resolved dude?
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 11:55 PM       
Hmmm, I must assume that you have a similar problem.

I haven't really fixed it yet, actually. Still running a dual install. My IT friend keeps promising to fix it, but the last time I gave him my laptop he just installed a cracked version of borderlands. Said e thought that's what I wanted him to do
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 02:38 AM       
oh, you have a laptop? Are you trying to save the data on it?

otherwise you should just delete the old partition :O

Do you have another computer that you can like download drivers and stuff from? otherwise you might want to make sure you at least have sata drivers just in case
BANNED

Old Jan 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM       
If you use that program that fathomzero recommended you should be able to DELETE the vista partition and combine it with your xp one. So you could transfer all the needed files from the vista partition to your xp partition, and then just format the vista one and use that program to combine them.

also if you do that and vista transfers over you might be able to remove it through START/RUN/MSCONFIG/BOOT, but i dont know for sure

in fact if you dont mind having two partitions you might just be able to delete it that way :O :O :O