Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 07:23 AM       
I can't wait for the 2012 games. Going to try and take a week off during this just to watch the events.

edit: on the london2012.com site I thought they were going to be adding murderball to the games.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 09:09 AM       
it ended up being part of the paralympics but they have everything thrown in on one website.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 10:51 PM       
Wow talk about a trip down memory lane 2k8. Because of an apparent spammer I re-read this entire thread from over 3 years ago. Crazy I remember writing some of these posts. Seems like yesterday.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 05:45 PM       
I ended up planning a 2 week vacation to stay at home, relax and watch the olympics this year.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:14 PM       
Someday I hope Vatican City will have representatives in the olympics. I want to see the fucking pope in complete pope garb pole-vault like a boss.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 10:27 PM       
I just want to see a Mongolian sprinter.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM       
I posted a thread about this in music but I will post the link here too where someone from The Olympics reached out to The Who to see if Keith Moon (1946-1978) could attend their Symphony of Rock event.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...emony-20120413
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM       
Their fact checkers are all out trying to get pics of Pippa with firearms.
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:18 PM       
Bump.

Time to party like it's 2012. Wonder if Phelps is still doing bong hits?

US women's football is already 1-0 having crushed the French. Woo Hoo.
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 10:36 PM       
USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 12:15 PM       
The most annoying thing about the Olympics (as a northerner) is the constant barrage of travel reminders. 'Plan your journey in advance! Olympic congestion! Delays in public transport'

No there isn't. I'm 200 miles away.

That and the British sporting attitude of 'Oh jolly good! Our man there, the one with nice hair, well, he's been practising this year so he ought to do rather well! He hasn't? Oh. Hey ho! Next time and all that. Best wishes to mummy!'
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 12:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubfest View Post
The most annoying thing about the Olympics (as a northerner) is the constant barrage of travel reminders. 'Plan your journey in advance! Olympic congestion! Delays in public transport'

No there isn't. I'm 200 miles away.

That and the British sporting attitude of 'Oh jolly good! Our man there, the one with nice hair, well, he's been practising this year so he ought to do rather well! He hasn't? Oh. Hey ho! Next time and all that. Best wishes to mummy!'
lol i thought only americans impersonating british people talk like that
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 07:03 AM       
Nope, everybody takes the piss out of us like that, including us, which is why it's OK

Anyone watch the opening ceremony? I was a lot less embarrassed than I expected to be.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 09:53 AM       
I tried to watch it. I had that Russell Brand quote about the Queen doing a fart, running through my head the whole time for some reason.

The regional costumes were mostly ridiculous, particularly the USA's. It looked like they were members of some boating-oriented prep school.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 11:48 AM       
That whole music love story was lame
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:44 PM       
Were they making a conscious effort to make the spectacle as much like the Hunger Games movie adaptation as possible?

The silly regional costumes were pretty much on the nose.

I agree about the music thing being lame and I'll expand that to the whole "digital age" sketch thing being lame.

I'm tired of the Olympics being hosted by First World nations. Give that shit to Djibouti next time.
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 08:24 PM       
It was held in a third world nation in 2008. Have you seen the current beijing pictures.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 11:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I agree about the music thing being lame and I'll expand that to the whole "digital age" sketch thing being lame.
Yeah, that's the music thing I was talking abot. The "Jonnie loves Chachie and thanks the Fonze" thing
Thrills and Oblongs
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 02:31 PM       
Both live acts were awful too. Arctic Monkeys had my grandparents decrying the current standard of music and Macca looked like a waxwork which was melting.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 11:20 PM       
Keith Moon should have performed.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 08:01 AM       
I started to discuss the swimming thing with Mr. Kitsa, how it seemed as if Michael Phelps had rested on his laurels a bit, and he responded with this big long thing that made me realize I didn't care about competitive swimming in general, Olympic competitive swimming in particular and especially not the Phelps-Clary-Lochte rivalry in particular.

So I guess he showed me.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 09:10 PM       
I think the opening ceremonies were a tribute to pollution or something like that.