Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:15 AM        The Animatrix
I just saw this tonight. Some of it is really really good. Some of it just outright sucks. Unfortunately the best ones were the ones that were already released on the website (The Second Renaissance Parts 1 and 2, Program, and Detective Story) and "Final Flight of the Osiris" that was in front of Dreamcatcher.

The rest? Mediocre to pretty fucking bad. The two by the Aeon Flux guy were the worst ones, and I'm not just saying that because I don't like the animation. The stories were both shit. The animation on the last one was tolerable, but on story number 6, entitled "World Champion" (I think?) it was fucking pathetic. The Agents look like dorks dressed up to play a live-action D&D game. They wear fucking capes, I shit you not.

On the whole though it's definitely worthwhile.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 11:18 PM       
I bought the DVD when it came out, and I am not dissapointed. Yes World Record was a bit dissapointing, but the agents weren't wearing capes, they just had on very over-animated trenchcoats. As for the others sucking, I also have to dissagree. I really enjoyed Kid's Story, because it tied in with the film (though with one of the most minor characters), and I also enjoyed Beyond.

I don't think this is a video that anime fans will like if they don't already like The Matrix, but for fans of the movies, it is more of a fix of that addictive storyline. I took the red pill, and I do not regret it for a second.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
I took the red pill, and I do not regret it for a second.
May the Force be with you.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 07:00 AM       
I was wrong, Peter Chung only directed the last one. He did not direct "World Record".
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 02:10 PM       
I watched Animatrix the other day and I enjoyed it. Some were kind of lame. World Record was one of them but they all had their own little nuances which made them watchable.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:04 PM       
Hmmm that's shitty... I was really looking forward to the Peter Chung Animatrix episodes. I read somewhere else that on one of his the 2D layouts/backgrounds mixed with 3D animation looked kinda bad. I still wanna see for myself though.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 10:17 PM       
I saw it today, I was gonna buy it. I'll just hold off and rent it. I only buy movies that I really like.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 10:14 PM       
My favorite was detective story. I like how this one tied into the first movie. The animation was so good in it too. I really enjoyed it. My least favorite would have to be World Record. It was just bad. It's not like I didn't like the story, I couldn't stand the animation style in it at all. Kid's story was my second favorite also.

Alxcipher is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 11:39 PM       
I got this yesterday and I have to say it is overall pretty damn good. The Final Flight of the Osiris was some of the best animation I've ever seen and all were very entertaining bar of course "World Record" which was more annoying than anything. I really enjoyed the first and Second Renaissance and especially the theme of the human's sewing the seeds of their own destruction. The first robot to commit murder was a brilliant idea.