Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Give Me Black Summer.
Dommin is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 06:51 AM        So, how do I occupy myself on my upcoming bus trip?
I'm moving from Maine to Georgia...on a bus. Yeah. This brings so many problems in and of itself it's amazing, but here's the main problem:

I'm going to be on a bus for a day and six hours, and I don't trust my fellow riders enough to sleep. What the fuck do I do? I have no laptop, portable DVD player, or any portable music devices. All I can think of is to pack a few books.

Any other ideas?
Where The Black Planets Roll Without Aim,
Where They Roll In Their Horror Unheeded, Without Knowledge Of Lustre Or Name.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 07:10 AM       
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_172224.html
Give Me Black Summer.
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 07:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Okay, so...

THE GREAT BIG LIST OF THINGS TO DO ON THE BUS.

1) Behead People.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 07:36 AM       
26 hours on a plane squeezed in between a Spaniard and an Italian with no book was a very uncomfortable flight.

The return flight I packed a few books. I couldn't read the same book from cover to cover but I did manage to finish one with breaks, and reading other things.

Books.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM       
Ha, yeah, the beheading. I was on a Greyhound bus around that time, too. The Canadian media had fun with that one.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 11:30 AM       
Why not read the books I am currently reading, and in doing so vicariously live as Guitar Woman for a day and a quarter!

For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Fear and Loathing: Campaign Trail '72 By Hunter S. Thompson
Hell's Angels by Hunter S. Thompson
The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Failing that, you could always ingest copious amounts of psychoactive drugs to tide you over during your travels. Kratom is pretty awesome if you have a spare 30 dollars lying around. Buy it at your local herbarium!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM       
I was on a 30 hour Greyhound once. I'm sure you're gonna sleep most the time whether you like it or not.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 02:06 PM       
I was on a thirty-six hour bus to Chicago this year for Lollapalooza. I was afraid to sleep. It was $235, roundtrip.

PRO-TIP: A plane costs exactly the same amount. I could've gotten it next-day. If I had the money far enough ahead, I could've gotten a round trip plane to Chicago Midway for $97.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 02:32 PM       
sing 9999999 bottles of beer on the wall, you'll be there before the song is done ^.^
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 02:40 PM       
One way to not have a problem on the bus is to NOT LOOK LIKE A CRY BABY VICTIM.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 03:10 PM       
I like to doodle on long trips. Try that.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 12:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
One way to not have a problem on the bus is to NOT LOOK LIKE A CRY BABY VICTIM.

Also, why are people taking buses when there are other options available? Idiocy.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 12:39 AM       
IDK how FZ paid so much, greyhound had a thing that was 85 bucks anywhere in the U.S. I took the bus to see my dad cause I had to leave the car for my wife to use and a plane ticket was gonna be 600 round trip. The smaller the airport the more expensive it is
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 01:22 AM       
Just make sure you sit in the right section of the bus once you get to eorgia, you know how them peoples is.
Give Me Black Summer.
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post

Also, why are people taking buses when there are other options available? Idiocy.
Because the bus only costs 70 bucks. I'm a poor bastard.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 04:00 PM       
You could walk with a bindle.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 04:03 PM       
Quote:
IDK how FZ paid so much, greyhound had a thing that was 85 bucks anywhere in the U.S. I took the bus to see my dad cause I had to leave the car for my wife to use and a plane ticket was gonna be 600 round trip. The smaller the airport the more expensive it is
$235. With a 10% discount for having military ID. The plane would've cost me as much if I went up to the counter and bought one right before it left.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 04:10 PM       
Greyhound or was it someone else like Amtrak?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 04:40 PM       
I was on a 27-hour bus ride to Florida once.

And I'm a pussy who gets carsick reading books.

It fucking sucked. Just fall asleep, seriously. Even if you do get killed you'll never know it happened anyway.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 05:47 PM       
Quote:
Greyhound or was it someone else like Amtrak?
Greyhound with the worst fucking people in the universe. They all wanted to act like we're a team, since they were gonna be on the bus two, but I was like fuck you.
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 10:54 PM       
My ex once wanted to save a buck or two. Instead of flying from Calgary to Seattle, she flew from Calgary to Vancouver, and took a bus from Vancouver to Seattle.

I wasted a day waiting for her late bus to arrive and she was grumpy from the trip and was moody for like a week because of it.

Anything you save in money is taken otherwise.

Otherwise to occupy your time, on the cheap, I'd read newspaper comics, advice columns, etc. Or go by a Gamestop and get a GameBoy for dirt cheap. (I prefer a PSP, if you can afford it, just because you can load up podcasts, movies, music, games and TV shows on it, but that takes a lot of time and money)
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM       
It's not worth the money to be that miserable wherever you end up going.
Forum Virgin
DonkeyRyan is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM       
I knew the guy that was beheaded on the greyhound bus. It happened in my Province!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 03:09 PM       
I enjoyed my time on the bus, you guys are pussies.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 03:42 PM       
Listen to Billie Holiday and bring some of the spiciest cigars.