Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:04 PM        Snow
I wish people would learn how to deal with snow. I can understand if you're from the equator and have never seen snow before but come on.

Points in question:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Februar...land_snowstorm

I was planning on still going to work during this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Storm_%22Aphid%22

I usually bulk up and deal with it.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:10 PM       
I apologize for my country being shit in snow.

Really, it was just an excuse to all have the day off.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:19 PM       
That's a fair answer. I think I'm just agitated at the fact that we never close because of snow.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:21 PM       
Sorry. Try harder next time!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:24 PM       
We just got a bunch dumped on us, and usually Ohio handles snow kind of badly, but then again we're still recovering from this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects..._North_America

Seriously, there are still trees down.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:30 PM       
Trees down are no good. I'm excited because it's going to be up to 40 degrees tomorrow. I could get away with wearing shorts.

I keep trying for a snow day but it never works.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 06:57 PM       
If you miss work or school here for less than 6 inches you get laughed at.

I think you guys in Buffalo probably get more snow than us being down-jetstream from the lake though.
Escape will make me god.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 07:30 PM       
Where are you from Vapor?
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 02:00 AM       
Milwaukee, 90 miles north of Chicago.
Escape will make me god.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 08:13 AM       
It was hilarious how much fuss was made over the tiny amount of snow we got here these last couple of days.

A lot of schools shut down, the majority of roads were at a standstill and my girlfriend got an e-mail from university saying no one had to come in if they thought it might be too dangerous...

OH NO A LIGHT SNOW COVERING LETS SHUT THE COUNTRY DOWN
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 09:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrailx1 View Post
Milwaukee, 90 miles north of Chicago.
I'm sure we've all never heard heard of Milwaukee.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 11:29 AM       
MetalMilitia, I'm really hating your girlfriend's university right about now.

Sometime last week, there was this horrendous day of snow and freezing rain. Trying to get somewhere was like a mixture of crossing the Tundra and wading through a semi-frozen pond. Everyone was soaked and freezing. My brother's high school canceled. The two colleges about five blocks away both canceled. University of Pittsburgh? Nada.

And I'm used to snow too, but it's still a pain when there's a freaking ton of it. Or ice. I was walking to the train station about two days ago and part of the walk involved going down a hill. The cement path on the hill was all icy and frozen. When I went to walk on the snowy part, I discovered that that was all icy too! I had to punch my shoes through the ice to get down.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Thrills and Oblongs
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 11:57 AM       
MM, HAHAHAHAHAH!

I got shit-loads more snow than that, and my uni was still open! Most of the snow is still here. My cat's been in a bad mood all week cos we only cleared a small bit of the garden.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 11:58 AM       
Fuck's sake. I've never heard of there being a snow day for any of the colleges and universities here . I guess because we're Canadian, we're supposed to just trudge through feet of snow with a smile if it comes to that.

That was very funny. Well done.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 01:44 PM       
The day of my jury (that's like the big-deal finalfinal exam where you have to sing in front of the music dept professors, American Idol style) for my music degree, there was a snowstorm. But they weren't cancelling. It took 2 hours to make the 45 min drive to campus, I slogged through knee-high snow to the theatre, and I sang with it falling in chunks off my legs and pooling around my boots on stage.

fuck yeah.

I got the degree.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 01:55 PM       
I love snow.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 02:01 PM       
I love snow too. Especially if by snow you mean coke. And by coke you mean the beverage. I actually prefer pepsi to coke though.

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM       
They're having a pond hockey tourney outside of my work all day today but the temperature went up to 40*. I haven't stopped by yet but it sounds like its still going on.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 07:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
The day of my jury (that's like the big-deal finalfinal exam where you have to sing in front of the music dept professors, American Idol style) for my music degree, there was a snowstorm. But they weren't cancelling. It took 2 hours to make the 45 min drive to campus, I slogged through knee-high snow to the theatre, and I sang with it falling in chunks off my legs and pooling around my boots on stage.

fuck yeah.

I got the degree.
Congrats!

I actually had an Asian Arts test the day of snow and freezing rain. That's why I didn't beg my mom to just let me stay home. The class had three tests and they were basically the basis for our grades, so I couldn't really skip one.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 07:01 PM       
I don't think people who gets tons of snow understand how expensive it is to prepare for us who only get snow one week a year. It just isn't worth it, and is better to just shut down for a day.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 08:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Fuck's sake. I've never heard of there being a snow day for any of the colleges and universities here . I guess because we're Canadian, we're supposed to just trudge through feet of snow with a smile if it comes to that.
And then you find a note from the prof saying only an idiot would come to class. :/

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM       
Oh god I remember that in college, when you'd get to class, 45 mins from your home, no other classes that evening only to find a damn note on the door saying it was cancelled.

I hated that. I've been known to yell badwords and kick cinderblock walls.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 12:52 AM       
I wore a t-shirt and shorts today because it was 38 degrees out (about 3 degrees for you celcius fags) and it seriously felt like summer compared to the last month or so. The sun was out and everything, it was great

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 01:50 AM       
Here comes the flu.
mmmm....custom user title
TheBigMan045 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 06:05 AM       
We never get snow here in Auckland but at the moment its around 25-26 every day (celcius for all you americans, notice I didnt call you fags)
See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want us to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!