Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 10:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
More and more classic sites are shutting down and people are just making posts on social media sites rather than having something of their own, and I don't get it. But I realize I'm also just getting older, cuz I also hate that video rental stores are shutting down everywhere. I hate seeing book stores shutting down. I hate seeing music stores shutting down. I hate that there aren't enough arcades.
That first sentence says it exactly. Back in the geocities days (and including all those other terrible free web hosting sites) there was a certain charm to everything because people were learning basic html and putting their own ideas out there. Now everyone just goes "hey look what I found" on facebook so that people can go "huh, cool" and it's just an endless cycle of uncreativity.

I don't know if it's getting older as much as it's losing your capacity for accepting change, which probably does come with age but I feel completely different in this respect from everybody in my age group. When you're a kid you don't care when shit changes, you even love it, but I'm in my mid-20s and I already find it extremely hard to give a shit about new trends and technology. My phone is from 2006, my TV is from the 90s, I only have a new laptop because my old one broke but I got cheapest fucking thing I could find and it still has more features and hard drive space than I care to ever use.

But it definitely sucks that video rental stores and bookstores are becoming obsolete. The internet, from my vantage point, is pretty damn awful and I honestly question how much I would really care if SOPA passed.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 10:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
MILHOUSE, I BET WE'D BE THE BEST OF FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK! :D
JUST LIKE HOW WE'RE ALREADY BEST FRIENDS HERE

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 10:19 PM       
AW, BRO! WE COULD MAKE COMMENTS ON EACH OTHER'S STATUSES AND HIT ON EVERY RANDOM GIRL THAT COMMENTS. I COULD EXPLAIN IT BY SAYING "THAT'S MY AMERICAN FRIEND," AND YOU COULD DO THE SAME, ONLY DIFFERENT.

That was very funny. Well done.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 11:03 PM       
DIGITAL MARXISSSTTTs
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 03:05 AM       
man i forgot how much running out of weed sucks
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
man i forgot how much running out of weed sucks
lol . if you're desperate, don't smoke any of that synthetic gas station weed i've heard it's pretty awful. i have a big fat nug in my room right now, i'm gonna go smoke some weed and go buy a nice winter coat. being a middle class white person rules

I think part of the reason why the internet is so boring now is because more people use it. It's had this homogenizing effect where accessing entertainment has become easy enough for my mother to do it. The internet used to be more like the wild west, except populated almost exclusively by weirdos. Now nothing is really "weird" anymore, it's all safe enough to entertain errbody
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 11:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
But it definitely sucks that video rental stores and bookstores are becoming obsolete. The internet, from my vantage point, is pretty damn awful and I honestly question how much I would really care if SOPA passed.
tbh all SOPA would do to the internet is destroy domain names, which might actually be an improvement because then the good parts of the internet could go back to being elitist circlejerks. I do love me a good elitist circlejerk. Of course the more sinister aspect of SOPA is what it represents and the precedent it would set.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 11:28 AM       
I don't really give a hoot that video rental stores are disappearing. I don't even particularly care that DVDs/Blu-Ray may be obsolete soon. With the invention of netflix and all those streaming websites, I have a much wider variety to choose from than I did from my local blockbuster.
BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 06:15 PM       
Quote:
ol . if you're desperate, don't smoke any of that synthetic gas station weed i've heard it's pretty awful.
i just got hooked up so fat.. gota free gram basically plus my friend got a free gram too.
i hit my pipe last night and there was enough resin in it to get stoned without scraping it.
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 06:16 PM       
Sam deleted me on facebook

BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM       
ItS OK tHIngS WILL WORK OUT
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 06:29 PM       
I HOPE SO WE WERE BOTH CONSTANTLY UNDER-THE-TABLE PICKLING EACH OTHER BACK IN THE DAY

BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 06:57 PM       
well maybe next time you should pickle his face

book

more often
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 07:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i just got hooked up so fat.. gota free gram basically plus my friend got a free gram too.
i hit my pipe last night and there was enough resin in it to get stoned without scraping it.
damn son you got some generous friends.

ugh i hate scraping my bowl for resin. honestly i think most of that high is just from inhaling excessive amounts of butane. unless of course you haven't cleaned your bowl in forever and you've just got this sludgy resin chillin in your piece, hit that and you can get pretty stoned.
BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 08:52 PM       
yea i dont clean my pipe very often and usually when i do its to get stoned on the resin.

It WAS A GIRL

MAYBE SHE LIKED ME
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 09:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by milhousebackwards
I saw you on an episode of psych today.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 09:40 PM       
Was he the corpse?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 09:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Sam deleted me on facebook
LIMITED PROFILE, SON. KNOW YOUR PLACE.

MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SEEN BREAKFAST CLUB SO MANY TIMES.
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 10:20 PM       
DESTROYED BY MY OWN HUBRIS

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 10:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I saw you on an episode of psych today.
Was I holding up a bank?

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 10:29 PM       
You were holding up a bank.
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 03:00 PM       
Cannabis edibles are a fun idea at a shitty hick flea market. I don't think that blue-haired oldster will ever quite figure out why I was laughing so much.
"You've gotta' look to the future. The future is anarchy. I'm talking about lawlessness, I'm talking about the Lebanons of the future. I'm talking about the breakdown of the whole system. The military defending people against people. You won't get your appropriations waving that flag, there's no glory in that kind of warfare!"
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 10:49 PM       
guys i'm 21 years old, 3 and a half years deep into college, at my third college and i still have no fucking idea what to major in

i thought psychology was cool until i found out literally no one takes psychology majors seriously and with good reason, most psychology students are shallow and stupid

i would major in environmental studies because apparently there's a market for that major and i guess saving the world would be cool but studying the environment sounds incredibly gay and boring

i don't think i'm smart enough to do hard science/math/engineering

economics and finance are fucking boring and classes are full of bros and girls that fuck bros

i like sociology and anthropology but i might as well major in "i wanna suck dicks behind a dumpster for the rest of my life"

i like philosophy too but see above
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 10:50 PM       
You're only 21? NEWS TO ME

That was very funny. Well done.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 10:51 PM       
unless i decide to go to law school, then i can pretty much major in any stupid liberal arts and it won't really matter