Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 12:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
Fuck DVR's and paying for cable. I have better things to spend my money on and I don't watch TV anymore. The internet is much more useful for viewing the things I want to see without commercials. But then again half of the legit shit on the internet is getting commercials, so fuck it all.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway, seeing as Obama and the people in his administration probably will never be employed in the US government again. I just hope they don't take a shit in the sink on the way out.
Fucking hell. Go to Hulu or wait for it to come out on dvd. Stop being a spoiled little brat.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 12:59 AM       
Fucking Hulu. So he can watch his Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares or Family Guy.

I don't pay for TV programming, it's rolled into my bill. If I could cut it out, I would because I haven't watched TV in over a year. It just doesn't matter to me. It's not like I have to fight it, I'm just not interested. And anything good, I usually buy on DVD, like Breaking Bad.

Really, though, Netflix has completely replaced television, especially after I got my iPad. That shit's running near constantly.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 10:57 AM       
Yeah Doug get Netflix. Its only $9 a month. Hell the blank DVDs to pirate movies cost more than that.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 11:03 AM       
I just watched all of CSI from my browser because I felt like it. I didn't have to download anything, didn't have to sit through commercials. And then I went to watch Air Force One.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 11:34 AM       
netflix's instant streaming shit generally has a horrible selection
dont need dvds to pirate ;o
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 12:00 PM       
For $9 they send you whatever you order. Hell I think you can drop it down to $7 and you just dont get the streaming shit.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 10:25 PM       
What I find hilarious is that if you live in within 50 miles of any city, you can get a shitload of channels on an antenna now. Everybody buys these $2000 TVs and has no idea what the best possible picture actually looks like. I built a coat hanger antenna and I get 70 channels in NYC and the good ones are in the highest possible bit rate which isn't possible on cable or fiber or your stupid "you tube".
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 11:47 PM       
well you get one dvd at a time what if you want to like i dont know watch more than one movie NETZFLIX AINT SO MAGIC IS IT

netflix is good for tv shows and stuff though and occasionally the movies aren't heinous
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 11:50 PM       
I get three DVDs at a time and turnaround is usually only a day or so.
BANNED

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 03:29 AM       
right but that's more than 8 dollars or whatever
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 04:29 AM       
I think it might be eighteen for the three. But it's rather inconsequential, considering I don't pay for TV, nor really watch it. Between the three rentals and the instant view, I've yet to be disappointed.
BANNED

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 07:26 AM       
well i guess pirates might feel what you feel but times a hundred cause they don't pay for anything.

i thought you said tv was bundled with your bill? if so you do kinda pay for it ;/
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 08:17 AM       
Wow, you guys jump to conclusions. I don't watch TV because there is nothing worth watching currently. They canceled Heroes when it went to shit and 24 went to shit years ago. I've heard that Battlestar Galactica is good, but it's on like the 5th season so fuck that. I've had Netflix for months (which is awesome) and it fulfills all my TV watching needs.

I never understand people's views on downloading shit you can already see or hear for free. Who is it hurting again? I never buy shit I see or hear in commercials, so it's not like I am a potential customer.

Evil Robot, you're pretty lucky. I had that free, shitty digital antenna service in Tampa and I was lucky if I could pick up PBS because the signals were so weak.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 10:50 AM       
Well you might not understand it, but that's how shows like Heroes and 24 make money to go another season. You just don't want to look any further than your comfort zone. You are what the world calls an "Ugly American".
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 04:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
well i guess pirates might feel what you feel but times a hundred cause they don't pay for anything.

i thought you said tv was bundled with your bill? if so you do kinda pay for it ;/
I do, but I can't get rid of it. I think of it like a tax.
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 06:11 PM       
Uh Tadao, I have no idea what you're talking about. If I don't want to watch seven minutes of commercials in between every five to ten minutes of show that makes me "an ugly American"? I'm a first generation American, who pays taxes, buys products, and works for a living. I guess I'm a bad person for bypassing other people's arbitrary barriers. Please refrain from making judgments about me, because you have no have no actual knowledge about me. :P
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 07:17 PM       
You're also an idiot, apparently.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 07:41 PM       
Such an ugly American thing to say.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 07:44 PM       
BANNED

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 08:29 PM       
i wonder how many television shows have been canceled because there were too many pirates
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 10:09 PM       
MTV's Somalia Spring Break Yacht Party
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 10:19 PM       
I don't know if it's kosher to post two consecutive lols.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 11:51 PM       
I don't think you can get Home and Away on DVD so I have to pirate it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 12:17 AM       
I can't get some of shows from the UK that I watch, so I definitely do. And the ones that do come out on DVD are in a different region code.

So yeh, I download them. The Thick of It and Top Gear.