Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 01:25 PM       
These are the end results of not thinking something through and just slipping bad news to the world every 12 hours. But hey! Who gives a shit huh? As long as I know the world is fucked up! I mean I already new that and have been saying it forever and was pro real change, but no! This is a much better idea! Let's just cram hate down the worlds throat and only give them enough breathing room for a panic attack.

BRILLIANT!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 01:25 PM       
BTW, I compare him to Fox News.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 07:56 PM       
I still can't believe that in the age of information anyone can believe total government transparency is either realistic or reasonable.

I however am not a bit surprised Zhukov thinks the destruction of the social and economic society is a good thing. I find it funny that communists like to use the word 'fair' as a club to bully the world into their way of thinking, when they have to treat a large number of people quite unfairly to reach their goals. So of course something like wikileaks would be a good thing to them, as they can whine ad nausea about all 'unfair things' posted there. Be it a non communist government they want to see fall, or a corporation that is not contributing to the proletariat.

Here's a news flash for the communists of the world, quit bitching about fair and unfair because guess what, life is not fair. Nature itself doesn't give a damn about fairness. Fairness as a concept was invented by weaker humans to manipulate stronger humans. Do you think a lion gives a damn about fairness when it is devouring a gazelle? Nope, and that is because the natural order of things is the strong flourish and the weak perish. Fairness has no place in the natural order because you dilute the gene pool by forcing the weak to get their fair share at the expense of the strong.

So my conclusion is wikileaks is beloved by communists and euro trash, but those with the wisdom to understand the bigger picture see it for the crapstorm it really is
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 08:51 PM       
You would be perfect for a CEO of a company.
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 03:38 AM       
Ok, for a minute there I thought Pentegarn was serious
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 04:17 AM       
Nature itself is not serious.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 06:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
Ok, for a minute there I thought Pentegarn was serious
Whatever you feel you need to say to validate your naive view of the world
Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 10:26 AM       
Ponder this for a moment:

Transparency and openness, whilst several are claiming are unfeasible and unrealistic, are, to put it simply, the only real tool people have to protect themselves from those who would exploit them. Does Wikileaks harm the US's diplomatic relationships? Absolutely. But that's the price one pays for repeatedly and habitually manipulating people based on pure and utter falsehoods. It's the biggest bit of good to emerge from this entire affair - that everything's out in the open, and that those responsible will be less likely to attempt to exploit people if the knowledge that someone willing to pull back the proverbial curtain may be lying in wait to expose it.

...Just putting it out there.

Last edited by Jaimas : Dec 14th, 2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Too confrontational/wordy/fail
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 10:43 AM       
WHAT IF WHEN THE LUSITANA SUNK FALSEFLAGOPCONSPIRACYFUCKTALK; OR THAT (IT WAS REVEALED THAT) WE KNEW ABOUT PEARL HARBOR AND ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN ETC. WHAT IF THE TRANSPARENCY WOULDVE REVEALED IT WAS AN AMERICAN SCAM THEN WE NEVER WOULDVE STOPPED HITLER AND RIGHT NOW WE"D BE LIVING IN HITLER BIZZARO WORLD
Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 10:55 AM       
I love you, kahljorn.

EDIT:
I am almost entirely sure that was the plot of a comic book in the silver age. I need to consult the archives on this.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 10:57 AM       
JUST POINTING OUT THE FACTS
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bill of Rights
Amendment I Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by America.gov on Freedom of the Press
Although a cherished right of the people, freedom of the press is different from other liberties of the people in that it is both individual and institutional. It applies not just to a single person's right to publish ideas, but also to the right of print and broadcast media to express political views and to cover and publish news. A free press is, therefore, one of the foundations of a democratic society, and as Walter Lippmann, the 20th-century American columnist, wrote, "A free press is not a privilege, but an organic necessity in a great society." Indeed, as society has grown increasingly complex, people rely more and more on newspapers, radio, and television to keep abreast with world news, opinion, and political ideas. One sign of the importance of a free press is that when antidemocratic forces take over a country, their first act is often to muzzle the press.

http://www.america.gov/st/democracyh...0.6333842.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
The basis of our government being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.

http://www.america.gov/st/democracyh...0.6333842.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriam-Webster
Press ~ 7. a: the gathering and publishing or broadcasting of news

I fail to see how Wikileaks isnt a member of "The Press" and not protected as such. On top of that some people were talking about why he didnt pass it on to other news outlets as if doing that would make the release of this info "less wrong" or perhaps "more right". Fact is he did give the info to other news outlets. The Guardian, The New York Times and Der Spiegel all received this info and published it just as the Wikileaks website did. Why are none of these outlets not being called terrorists? Because they are only passing on information given to them from another source? Wait... Thats exactly what Wikileaks did.
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM       
10 bucks says Pentegarn is gonna retort using the word "naive"
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 07:49 PM       
I was going to bet on "too young to understand" again. Because that applies to Thomas Jefferson/other founding fathers.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 08:14 PM       
Actually, I am going to just say I am tried of warning you about what total transparency will do. If you can't, or you refuse to see the big picture, if 'social justice' is more important to you than life, so be it. The only way to fix the sort of destructive mentality that I am seeing is to simply quit trying to stop it, quit trying to reason with those who refuse to see. Instead, I will let it happen

So go on, bang the drum, get your victory against the big bad governments of the world. Millions will suffer, but you'll satisfy your indignation at all the injustice of the world so who cares about those people right?

But in the end, know what will happen?

Something worse will take its place. it won't just be America that falls though, who will buy the world products if America falls?

Enjoy the destroyed world you are screaming for, but understand this, every thing bad that happens as a result will be greeted with a big fat I told you so, all of it. Every single event. So sit in your little inclusive thinktanks, whine about fairness, act like your ideals that history has repeatedly proven cannot be will work this time when it has yet to, and when you find out how unfair 'total fairness' actually turns out to be, I will at least be able to take solace in the fact that you too will suffer from your own hubris.

Once that happens, maybe those of you who refuse to care about the consequences will have learned something, the ones left alive after the world is embroiled in war, famine, and death anyway
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 08:39 PM       
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM       
Look at them gams.
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 10:04 AM       
Date; unknown. The year 2012, possibly April.

I dedicate it all to you, the future. These are the writings of the past.

We never could have known just how wrong we were, and when all the bombs and ash had fallen, all we knew was that we would never get the chance to be that wrong ever again. And through all the pain, suffering and hatred that would soon follow, I never stopped longing to be naive once more.

I write this from inside an abandoned library, the words and pages long gone, mostly, and even the insects that for a while fed off the rotting hardcovers seem to have moved to greener, or possibly less grey, pastures. But it still houses me, and maybe a half dozen or so other poor unfortunates, more lumps of living tissue than people, but still alive. Nobody calls for transparency of government nowadays, the few people left to cry into the night usually leave only wails and screams of the dead, echoing the passion we once had for our ideals and other things like ideals. The only shadow of a government would be the violent gangs that roam the nights (and the days lately) looking for fuel and women - we don't need internet hackers to tell us their intentions.

It is of great irony (possibly irony? I forgot if it is or not) that I write my last testament on the crumpled and worn pages of The Communist Manifesto, in the bit at the back where they have a few blank pages left over for notes or whatever. I used to hold this book dear to me, and actually understood whole tracts of it to such an extent that I could at least convince other people on the internet that I knew what I was talking about. How would Marx and Engels view the complete and utter destruction of our economic and social orders? Destruction would probably be too much for them to contemplate, but no... Oh, the folly of youth!

We only wanted freedom of speech, and freedom of press. We only wanted our governments to answer to the people, rather than to themselves, and we only wanted justice, fairness and probably liberty too if we had thought of it at the time. As forceful as we demanded those things, reality would show us the error of our ways tenfold.

Oh how we laughed as scandal upon scandal rocked the USA. It's once proud and bright flag was tarnished with every nature of stains and excrement. It was weighed down so heavily in shit that the whole structure just came crashing down; and we laughed. That was all we wanted! We hated America! But nobody for a second considered who would buy the world products if America falls?

So China continued to produce Toy Story 3 collector cups, plastic dicks for Hen's Nights, and designer clothing. Either not noticing that their market was now a large gaping hole, or not caring, scared that their own economy would collapse, and bring their government down too. I'm sick of writing now but somewhere in here WWIII starts, and the point is that there are worse horrors BECAUSE of government transparency, far worse than anything imaginable.

The one beautiful thing is that I can see the stars better than I ever did before the fall. So beautiful. So cold now... so tired...
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 10:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
The seventeenth girl from the bottom in the fourth row does not have her leg lifted at the same height as the others. She needs "re-education".
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 11:00 AM       
This argument reminds me of a relatively famous quotation from none other than our former president George "Dubya" Bush -

"There ought to be limits to freedom."

The mother of all oxymorons.

EDIT - oddly enough he was talking about what people write about on the internet.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Dec 15th, 2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Crap.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 02:23 PM       
I want the names of the people leaking the information. It's my right as a human being that these names are not to be kept secret from me.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 02:53 PM       
well you should start a website called wikileaksleaks and maybe someone in the wikileaks organization will get disgruntled and leak that information to you
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 06:58 PM       
dearest willie,

are we supposed to wash the inside of a banana?

love,
elx

edit: n/m wrong thread. here, have an ironic quote i found earlier from president obama instead (!):
Quote:
I will take a backseat to no one in my commitment to network neutrality. The Internet is the most open network in history. We have to keep it that way. I will prevent network providers from discriminating in ways that limit the freedom of expression on the Internet.
from here

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 07:01 PM       
woo secrets
BANNED

Old Dec 16th, 2010, 01:05 AM       
Quote:
"There ought to be limits to freedom."

The mother of all oxymorons.
So is freedom being limitless :O