Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 10:12 AM        Wii Virtual Arcade
The ability to download games to your Wii like you buy songs off iTunes? And getting game points by buying Wii Games?

YES

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 11:16 AM       
you can get points buy buying boxed games?

better than vip points any day! (apart from the cool zelda collectors edition of course, which i got for free from work :P)

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 11:24 AM       
I won't be totally happy until SNK/Playmore gets a deal with either XBLA or this to bring all of their Neo Geo games to whichever arcade format.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
No sir, I don't like it
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 11:37 AM       
Cost for games:

NES: 500 points / $5
SNES: 800 points / $8
N64: 1000 points / $10

Confirmed titles:

NES
Donkey Kong
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros.

SNES
Super Mario World

N64
Super Mario 64

Genesis (Yes, I said motherfuckin Genesis)
Altered Beast
Columns
Ecco The Dolphin
Ristar
Golden Axe
Sonic the Hedgehog
ToeJam & Earl

TurboGrafx-16
Bonk's Adventure
New Adventure Island
R-Type

And 10 titles to be released each month, including originally Japanese-only games. Mortal Kombat, Starfox, F-Zero, Metroids, and Zeldas are definitely on the way. Games like Goldeneye and Tetris may be too expensive to license, but we shall see.

Game Boy, Neo Geo, Dreamcast and Saturn games aren't unlikely either.

This is the future of gaming. While Microsoft and Sony are pushing the limits of graphics, and creating (expensive) games that you play by yourself for hours on end, Nintendo is making games fun again. I don't care about how many beads of sweat you can digitally render on my character. I want something fun, meaty, with personality, something that's fun to break out and play with friends (and I'm not counting Madden). I hope you choke on your Blu-ray.

And if you say Nintendo's "for kids," then you grew up too fast.

zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 01:49 PM       
oh yes this is definatly the future of gaming, and in 10 years i hope to buy all these titles on a new system all over again
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 04:56 PM       
Those prices are ridiculous, I could get any NES game for under a dollar these days.

YET! I heard something about making some of these game online multiplayer, if this is true they better put mario kart 64 on there.

You're the best.

Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 05:05 PM       
Mario Kart DS, Gadzooks.
dipshed
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 05:17 PM       
Not the same, stupid

Banned

Old Sep 26th, 2006, 05:23 PM       
It has the same graphics, and is just superior.
dipshed
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM       
You are such a child, were you born without a brain or something?

Banned

Old Sep 26th, 2006, 05:42 PM       
Here's a quick survey:

In what ways do you find the 64 Version better
than the DS Version?
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 06:04 PM       
im hoping they use this platform to release non-retro games via the service, or updated versions of retro games, eg: a semi-remake of starfox, pretty much the same graphics but with wii controls and multiplayer

i doubt i will get that many retro games on the Wii, my pc is fine for playing roms as it is

zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 06:05 PM       
mario kart 64 doesnt suck
Banned

Old Sep 26th, 2006, 06:21 PM       
I know it doesn't, I used to have a small addiction to playing it.
dipshed
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 06:59 PM       
Well you use to not be stupid, but there you are now.

Mario Kart is a game for the television set, not two puny screens.

Banned

Old Sep 26th, 2006, 07:08 PM       
I still like it, but I like the DS version better.
Due to portability AND WiFi Online Play.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 11:08 PM       
Mario Kart 64 was awful because it was painfully slow and the computer would cheat ;<
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 11:11 PM       
and i for one am appreciative of the virtual console system because I have all of those consoles plugged into the TV now and the Wii controller can't help but be superior to the awkward N64 controller.

If they could get Goldeneye 007 and add wifi online deathmatch I'm afraid I'd have to quit my job :<
was never good
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 11:22 PM       
And here's how I think the console wars will pan out!

NORTH AMERIKA.

The Wii will be really awesome, but only to me and a few other people . Despite how awesome it will make baseball games and the virtual console, it'll mostly be picked up by hardcore enthusiasts and little kids, with most of the public deeming it too WEIRD and GIMMICKY. The only thing I can really see upsetting that pattern is if Red Steel controls like a dream, then Wii would get FPS ports out the ass. But then again, Halo is pretty much here to stay no matter how bad the 3rd game is, so you can't count on Nintendo to be the best FPS console no matter what ;<

XBox 360 is already popular and will continue to 'whup up' as it's already nabbed the mainstream US audience. It'll win the US console wars simply because it's here, it's reasonably priced, it's non-threatening, and it has easy and great online play.

Playstation 3 will be received like the Neo Geo was back in the 80s, with one kid per neighborhood having one and inviting everyone over to watch him play it. Then, everyone else will go back home and talk about how gay he is on XBox live.

JAPAN.

Nintendo Wii will be embraced and sexed up by the socially damaged Japanese and will hands down win the console war in Japan. It'll also receive hundreds of retarded Japanese games about spanking women in public and following traffic signs or something. But since it's region-free, I'll get to import all of those and masturbate.

Xbox 360 will be named an enemy of the state by the emperor, who will stage a burning in EFFIGY. Bill Gates will respond by packaging anthrax with Japanese copies of Windows Vista.

Playstation 3 will receive lots of hardcore titles that are really pretty and will definitely never show up here. All of them will be epic tales of grandeur and involve a Blitzball minigame. It'll do pretty ok, coming in #2.
No sir, I don't like it
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 10:57 AM       
Sure, we have all the zeldas and marios, but wait til tthey release the earthbounds and chrono triggers and such that can be really hard to find.

And Choj, are you sure it's still region free? I remember one day a Nintendo rep said it was, and the next day another one said that was an error. Anyway, got my fingers crossed.

Apparently at E3 Red Steel didn't control so hot, but they've been fine tuning it,

Zen444 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 05:52 PM       
All this Wii is me bullshit, I've got internet!

How does motion detection help surf pages? Do I have to go up and down to move the pages? That's bullshit.

Sixty bucks for a Wiimote and a nunchuck!?
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 10:50 PM       
I like the idea of downloading games on the Wii just because of the fact that it looks so tiny. I can download them, then take the entire system to someone's house and play it. I don't have to fuck up my XBOX or deal with crappy Dreamcast emulation either. I love the idea of having one easily portable system with all of my games on it with four controllers.

I think the prices on the games are COMPLETELY reasonable, especially with how much most of the N64 games are now. I looked around for Banjo-Tooie and couldn't find it for less than 13 bucks.