Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 05:54 PM       
I figured I'd give it a shot , and yeah. You can't really do much with an 8x8 square.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:01 PM       
YAY I LOVE ROM HACK TALK TELL ME MORE
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:39 PM       
i once started hacking a friday the 13th rom into being about mcdonalds

i also replaced the torch weapon with hot coffee and gave it to all the characters

if someone ever wanted to finish it, i still have the rom

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM       
Wow, that is actually really good. I'd end up ruining it by making the girl at the bottom naked and ronald naked and the hot coffee a penis.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:47 PM       
my last copy of the rom is from november 2008. i have no idea how to dick with pointers or palettes anymore.

i remember hex and a lot of trial and error was involved.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:58 PM       
I usually use a trace logger if I'm going to be changing properties like health and it really is some trial and error. You gotta break the game sometimes in order to get it to do what you want. Palettes are the easiest part but pointers are hard. The fun part is the actual editing of the graphics. Text isn't really something I like editing but if I do, I'm thorough. I changed every piece of text in Earthbound Zero when I made Red Rocket.
was never good
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:04 PM       
yeah i feel like i should finish it, but that was like 3+ years ago (actually i think it was a lot more than that) and i worry that learning how to hack nes roms again would be a complete waste of time when i'm already making actual new games
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM       
I wouldn't get back into nes rom hacking if you're making new games. It really does go nowhere unless you enjoy doing it, which I do. Once I'm good enough at java, I'm going to stop making nes hacks and start making original games though.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I'm just stating a fact. I have really never met an Asian that couldn't cook. My roommate makes the best white rice I have ever tasted.
holy shi, white rice?!!!! THAT'S HARDER TO MAKE THAN MOTHER FUCKIN' FUGU BRO
pickled
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
yeah i feel like i should finish it, but that was like 3+ years ago (actually i think it was a lot more than that) and i worry that learning how to hack nes roms again would be a complete waste of time when i'm already making actual new games
So what kind of games are you working on now, Chojin?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:41 PM       
max payne mods
pickled
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:44 PM       
You mean that Marathon mod? I thought he was finished with that.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:45 PM       
I was modding Daggerfall at one point, but god damn there was way too much text in the game and I got overwhelmed with it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 08:00 PM       
LOOKS LIKE WE ARE HAVING STEAK FOR DINNER YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
was never good
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
So what kind of games are you working on now, Chojin?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:21 PM       
lol

That's pretty extreme.
was never good
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:24 PM       
i'm gay about the 90s the way rog is gay about the 80s
pickled
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:56 PM       
What's the game play like? It reminds me of joust mixed with the matrix with ninjas.
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 11:01 PM       
I remember writing an extremely detailed plan for an Earthbound hack, downloading all of the tools to go about it, and then realizing that I had no idea what the fuck I was doing and gave up. And to think I laughed at the clueless oldsters in my required "intro to computers course" that I was too stoned to test out of.
"You've gotta' look to the future. The future is anarchy. I'm talking about lawlessness, I'm talking about the Lebanons of the future. I'm talking about the breakdown of the whole system. The military defending people against people. You won't get your appropriations waving that flag, there's no glory in that kind of warfare!"
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 11:05 PM       
Is that one of them CDI games?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 11:10 PM       
Quote:
i'm gay about the 90s the way rog is gay about the 80s
If I get the boxed version, can I mail in the UPCs and get a Yamaha stereo or Casio keyboard? A pair of roller blades?
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 12:12 AM       
Quote:
wat
was never good
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 01:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
What's the game play like? It reminds me of joust mixed with the matrix with ninjas.
that's pretty much it

that's video of the gameplay, though i'm going to add a VS mode too. maybe also release it for windows mobile phones since I'm writing it in C#/XNA 4.0.
pickled
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 01:26 AM       
The mobile phone market is booming so you could be in for a bit of dosh if you're lucky.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 10:49 PM       
What happened to pictures?

Here's me looking old as hell