Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 01:49 PM       
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7667

Man, this game did TERRIBLE in Japan.
Forum Virgin
wolf65 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 12:33 AM       
you would think a game like this would do good there it has all crazy anime stuff
Disastah Blastah
Action Ham is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 07:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Maybe Suda should have thought about having a marketing team.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=91119

"Suda 51 has just described the creative process behind No More Heroes as being like sitting on a toilet and, er, pinching off a loaf. Dropping the kids off at the pool. Laying a cable. Translation difficulties allowing, we're pretty sure that it's the first time a game developer has actually told us in an interview that his game is a turd."

He advertises his game quite well, if you ask me.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 02:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf65 View Post
you would think a game like this would do good there it has all crazy anime stuff
newsflash not every single japanese has a boner for anime
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 03:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
newsflash not every single japanese has a boner for anime
Yeah we do.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 01:37 PM       
I'm so glad America got the blood version. I'm so tired of seeing dead bodies pouring out black smoke.
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 04:30 PM       
i can't find this game anywhere ):
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM       
Apparently, Amazon isn't part of this "everywhere" place of which you speak.

http://www.amazon.com/UBI-Soft-No-Mo...2248194&sr=8-1
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 08:18 PM       
I bought mine at Wally World.
Disastah Blastah
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 12:09 PM       
Actually, scratch that.

Last edited by Action Ham : Feb 7th, 2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: The megaupload may get me in trouble, I didn't exactly read the rules.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 11:02 PM       
I'm currently ranked number 4.

My initial perceptions about this game were completely wrong. I'm a guy that likes a lot of polish and this game has none. I still love it, though. The dialogue is horrible, the cutscenes are ridiculous and

My highlight so far is Travis exclaiming "Oh shit! OH SHIT! Yeah, I'm packin' heat, baby!" during a scene where a female is supposed to be feeling him up, but obviously isn't. Or the monologue bug in the first boss fight, which only gets funnier the more I think about it.

The boss fights are GOLD, they're what's keeping me playing. That, and I'm beginning to think that this game is a direct throwback to games like Streets of Rage...some of the levels follow the SoR formula (baseball stadium, beach, subway, etc.) and one of the shirts even has "BARE KNUCKLE" on it.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 05:34 PM       
Man, what a shitty ending.

The last boss fights do not disappoint (none of them did, except maybe #3) and I guess it's stylized and all, but I thought the end was tremendously gay. Maybe that's Suda51's intention, to piss me off, I don't know.
Disastah Blastah
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 02:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid View Post
Man, what a shitty ending.

The last boss fights do not disappoint (none of them did, except maybe #3) and I guess it's stylized and all, but I thought the end was tremendously gay. Maybe that's Suda51's intention, to piss me off, I don't know.
Did you get the "real" ending?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 03:12 PM       
I liked the ending. You can also get a slowed-down version of the last assassin's speech on youtube, it's kinda fucked up.

Also, they censored the shit out of this game in Japan and the UK, I had no idea. Bosses disappear in clouds of DUST and crap. Didn't Japan INVENT bloody dismemberments?
Big Red Cat
Roggs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 02:08 AM       
Personally, I'm really skeptical of these "stylized graphics" games. A lot of the time it just seems like an excuse for the game to have crappy graphics.

I don't even really care that much about graphics (seriously, who ACTUALLY cares about pop-in?); I just get annoyed by the pathetic cop-out that tries to camoflauge inferiority as a unique positive.
was never good
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM       
Personally, I'm really skeptical of people who have detailed opinions about things they've never tried.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM       
Every single game on the wii is making me more flaccid for my 360. BUT I MADE MY CHOICE, AND WOULDN'T TAKE IT BACK.
Big Red Cat
Roggs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 11:14 AM       
I actually have tried many "stylized" games, and one the whole they were good, bad, and okay on the same level as other games, just with crappier graphics.

If you're implying that I expressed any "detailed opinions" about No More Heroes (which I have not played), then you're just plain wrong.

By the way, how exactly can someone be skeptical of something they HAVE tried? When you try it, then you have knowledge, and your skepticism is either proven right or wrong.
was never good
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 12:33 PM       
I am skeptical of you, mister english.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 08:59 PM       
I finally got this today!

I'm about 15 minutes in and it's pretty much the greatest game in the entire universe.

JUST LIKE I SAID IT WOULD BE. FAGS.
was never good
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 04:37 AM       
DOOOOOOOOCTOR PEEEEEAACE

My gamestop finally has an empty copy of this in the 'new releases' section for posterity.

Maybe they were all just late on realizing some people want this game?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 04:44 AM       
I just beat Destroyman!

I was really let down by how easy he was compared to the other 3 bosses. If the game offers me a fight that tops Shinobu I'll be more than impressed.

Would it be a good idea to get a new sword soon? I'm still using Bloodberry and in the SCENE that is apparently considered a practice for hardcore motherfuckers
was never good
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 05:02 AM       
Tsubaki Mk.ii is my favorite :<

also, you need all of the swords in order to get the real ending
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 05:10 AM       
I hate Wikipedia so hard for not having spoiler warnings ;<

GUYS GUYS NO MORE HEROES IS AWESOME IT'S ABOUT TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN ALSO [CHARACTER IN DIRECT RELATATION TO OTHER CHARACTER] IS THE LAST BOSS
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 05:45 AM       
I can't stand Suda's games. To me, they're all style and no substance. Just a bunch of meaningless shit thrown together in an attempt for wackiness. Maybe it means he's a genius, I don't know!

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist