Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 07:03 AM       
Instead of reading this entire waste of bandwidth, I'm just going to ask Letter Boy again:

What entitles the modern Jews to the homeland of Israel?

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
imported_I, fuzzbot. is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 08:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
Instead of reading this entire waste of bandwidth, I'm just going to ask Letter Boy again:
Everything you need to know is in the first few pages of this thread, the rest is Letter Boy denying his mistakes and basically people repeating themselves over and over again because he purposefully misunderstood everything they've said so he wouldn't come off as stupid as he evidently is.

The fact that all he cares about is who gets to clench their buttcheeks in victory at the end of a discussion should say a lot about him, really.
Quote:
What entitles the modern Jews to the homeland of Israel?[/
wtf most of them were born in the region!! they deserv it

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 12:15 PM       
Quote:

The UN Declaration of Human Rights note that everyone is entitled to a homeland.

What entitles them to Israel?

It is the origin of their ethnic group and their religion (depending on how you view it).

Does it mean they have a right to a monopoly on political rights?

I don't think so, actually. I think it should be a democracy with no special rights granted to anyone.

But if I had a choice between the Jews running things and the Palestinians, who would I choose? Backwards tribalist Islamists or a group of people that tend to have good education and upbringing?

BTW< I know it is extreme to call Palestinians backwards tribalist Islamists, but I do not know how else to describe people that parade their children around in mock suicide bomber outfits.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 12:43 PM       
Quote:

I know I'm not "letter boy," but I'd like to answer this nonetheless.

I think you could make a fine argument that the product Israel has produced entitles Israelis to Israel.

Even during the country's start, the UNSCOMP resolution, Israelis proved a greater desire to modernize, democratize, and liberalize the Middle East. While Israel tried to win approval to claim a slice of the mandated land, by building infrastructure, sustainable cities in the desert, and industry, Arabs were plotting for war. Tanks began to roll as soon as Israel became Israel.

Both sides have developed a strong nationalistic impulse, but one actually did something about it, IMO.
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 01:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
BTW< I know it is extreme to call Palestinians backwards tribalist Islamists, but I do not know how else to describe people that parade their children around in mock suicide bomber outfits.
You know what? As painful as it is for me to admit, you are absolutely right. Now, I'm not saying Israel deserves the land and the Palestinians should fuck off elsewhere, nor am I agreeing with you that most of the Palestinians fit that generalization, but I think Israel should be proud of its accomplishments.

And you know what else?

The average attitude (of Arabs) towards Israel being the most successful state in the Middle East will never change. As much as they are blamed for all the problems caused in this region, they should pride themselves on how far they've come as a nation. They did it because they worked together as a tightly-knit community. And look at us. Shiites and Sunnis in constant battles, street kids or spoiled rich ones who refuse to further themselves through proper education, and lack of hope for a region we all want to see move forward.

I'm just saying that if Palestine had the same amount of financial assistance that Israel did, and less amount of stupid fucking Hamas supporters who have the "let's solve violence by creating more violence" mentality, Palestine would've been someplace else.

Quote:
I think you could make a fine argument that the product Israel has produced entitles Israelis to Israel.

Even during the country's start, the UNSCOMP resolution, Israelis proved a greater desire to modernize, democratize, and liberalize the Middle East. While Israel tried to win approval to claim a slice of the mandated land, by building infrastructure, sustainable cities in the desert, and industry, Arabs were plotting for war. Tanks began to roll as soon as Israel became Israel.

Both sides have developed a strong nationalistic impulse, but one actually did something about it, IMO.
That's way better than how "Letter Boy" would've put it, anyways. That last sentence is so fucking true.
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 01:14 PM       
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that yes.

We are jealous.

Of their brilliant fucking leadership. They've come this far because their leaders cared for their citizens, who were all willing to work together knowing it's for their own survival and good.

And look at us. Look up our leaders.

Sickly old men who care about nothing but their power, wealth, and relationship with the US.

Don't blame Islam and don't blame Arabs as a whole. We are capable of a lot if we were given the chance, if we could further ourselves without having any consequences and limits from our governments perhaps we could've climbed higher, faster. Instead we're going through the political and social changes that we could've gone through 30 years ago, when Israel was building itself twice as fast. I'm in awe of their constant progress, and honestly? I hope they keep it up.

Maybe after we've seen the outcome of this we'll have something to fucking learn.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 04:56 PM       
What entitles anyone to any land?

Why is the argument even about entitlement? Israel is literally the only Middle Eastern nation where a million non-Jews reside in peace alongside 5 million Jews. Druze, Kurds, Muslims, all protected by a secular government. There is no other land in which Jews have stronger ties, not Biblically, but historically as a soveriegn nation prior to becoming a diaspora. Jews lived under British occupation, and had the right to self determination, like any other nation.

There were displaced Palestinian Arabs as a result, but as Israel's current demographic shows, Arabs were welcomed to stay and build Israel. There was also a Jewish refugee problem through out the entire world, and Israel was the only option available to all of them.

Israel's story, for all it's romanticism has also shown results.....
Israel now has the highest average living standard in the middle east. They're the only liberal democracy in the region. For the size of their population, they are the largest immigrant absorbing nation in the World. They continue projects to air rescue communities at risk to this day. They elected the worlds second Female leader in modern times.

Culturally, They have more museums per capita then anyone, and their second in producing books. Economically, Per capita they have more bio tech startups, and they're second on the list of venture capital funds behind the US. Israel has the highest ration of university degrees to the population, with the highest number of patents filed, and scientific papers written, per capita in the world.
Contrbutions to the world include the cell phone, most of the Windows XT, and XP systems, production of Pentium microprocessors, instant messaging, the first no radiation diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer, digital thermometers, organic produce exports, their rescue teams are some of the best, and first on-site during disasters......
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 06:58 PM       
By the way, the proper question should be "What entitles any land to be Jewish Free ?"
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 03:52 PM       
More like, "how can I make my posts a little more anal?"
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 04:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
More like, "how can I make my posts a little more anal?"
hey watch it

this guy's been studying this shit for decades if not centuries

i think an apology would be in order

am i making myself clear

stupid koran-humpin' jizzface

dont bother responding cuz i checked my sources on google and i totally won this argument