Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 10:25 PM       
Days of Thunder. I really don't like Nascar or Tom Cruise, but my friend is rock solid for both. I was impressed that it had John C Reilly in it though. Made Talladega nights that much funnier.

Has anyone else seen the trailer for "The Onion movie"? Looks worth watching.
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 10:08 AM       
Talladega nights: the ballad of ricky bobby, that was awesome, i learned too many english expression throught that movie like "shake and bake" or "now you see it now you don't" among others
MELTING WATCHES, GALA!
DALI-II is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:39 AM       
In movies: Idiocrasy. Awesome to the 10th degree.

On DVD: The Shining. Creepy awesome Hitchcockesque happy death fun time. Huzzah.

PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT. PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.WATCH BRANDY AND MR.WHISKERS! PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALI-II View Post
On DVD: The Shining. Creepy awesome Hitchcockesque happy death fun time. Huzzah.
This may sound odd, but which "The Shining"? I like the original with Jack Nicholson but, the movie has been, unfortunately re-made.

Seems like everything is getting re-made, so I innocently have to ask.

Greedo NEVER shot first.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM       
Wasn't there also a version that was "more loyal" to the King's novel?

After seeing Jack Nicholson in the role, can't really imagine anyone else as fitting for it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:13 PM       
i kind of liked the remake it's more impressive to see the dude from wings being a crazy creepy guy than j. nicholson, because the dude from wings does not have creepy built in
MELTING WATCHES, GALA!
DALI-II is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:22 AM       
The original.(and the best,IMO.) They actually made a remake?!

PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT. PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.WATCH BRANDY AND MR.WHISKERS! PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.
Ask me about Loom
Zombinatrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 03:37 AM       
Ask me about Loom
Zombinatrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 04:09 AM       
Just finished Diary of the Dead and it was alot better than I thought it would be. Definitely better than the Day of the Dead remake, which was a crappy remake of an already terrible movie in the dead series.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM       
Control. Really excellent film but fuck me, it'll depress the shit out of you. Highly recommended though, especially if you're a fan of Joy division.
Fucking Finland
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:55 PM       
Shoot 'em up.

probably one of the greatest/most entertaining action movies released in 2000s.

Has so many gems that I won't even start listing them out. And the main villain is fucking awesome
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 06:33 PM       
I'm inclined to agree actually. It was really entertaining, if completely ridiculous.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 10:38 PM       
I knew from the minute I saw the TV spots that it was going to be ridiculous, like Crank.

And like Crank, it was great.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 08:03 PM       
I want to see Doomsday. My friend gave it a simple explanation of being "Off the wall Bonkers!" . Nuff said. Has anyone seen it?
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 10:56 AM       
I actually watched both Crank and Shoot 'Em up recently, one yesterday and the other today, and yes, they DO both kick so much ass it's mind-boggling. They're both hilarious in their own, different way, and have simply amazing action scenes to go with them. Which is a good thing, seeing how they take up quite a bit of the movie.
Spoilers!

Does anybody know any more movies like this?
He speaks truth!
Fucking Finland
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 02:14 PM       
I should totally see Crank

Might as well watch it on thursday. Afterall, thursday IS May the 1st
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 02:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Hippo View Post
Does anybody know any more movies like this?

Charlies Angels: Full throttle

It's outragest to the fullest extent of the word AND has Crispin Glover to boot.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 08:30 PM       
Battle Royale again. Still good.

That was very funny. Well done.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:06 PM       
Battle Royale will kick ass in perpetuity.

And Battle Royale 2 will suck in perpetuity.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM       
Beetlejuice. One of my all time favorites.
SKATASTIC
Old May 3rd, 2008, 03:12 PM       
Forgetting Sarah Marshall. The previews looked kind of decent, but any movie with Jason Segel in it I'll go see. It's really worth going to see it in theaters. You can bring a date to it and not get hassled about it later.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2008, 12:03 PM       
the mist

unfortunately the ending to this movie was SPOELED for me already so i was kind of mad @ it, but i gotta say
Spoilers!

night of the living dead (savini remake)

man this movie is pretty cool! that barbara chick is a real hot babe, and i really liked the twist ending in this movie better than the one in the mist
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:36 PM       
executioneer: that's the same problem I have with all of the American adaptations of Asian movies, until I finally stopped watching them altogether (The Grudge 2, what a crapfest).

All of the Asian movies were dark and had ambiguous endings and then in the American version they usually came in and effed with it and made these big dumbassed SPELL IT OUT FOR EVERYONE endings that completely ruined them.

The point to so many Asian extreme horror movies is that there aren't always happy endings, or even anything remotely well-defined, and that added to the general feeling of darkness and doom that made them so effective...
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 5th, 2008, 03:53 PM       
Wedding Singer. Yeah, I know it's a romantic comedy in an 80's themed shell but it's still a good movie regardless.
OH GOD
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
executioneer: that's the same problem I have with all of the American adaptations of Asian movies, until I finally stopped watching them altogether (The Grudge 2, what a crapfest).

All of the Asian movies were dark and had ambiguous endings and then in the American version they usually came in and effed with it and made these big dumbassed SPELL IT OUT FOR EVERYONE endings that completely ruined them.

The point to so many Asian extreme horror movies is that there aren't always happy endings, or even anything remotely well-defined, and that added to the general feeling of darkness and doom that made them so effective...
well i was actually kind of mad that
Spoilers!