Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:49 PM       
Yes one million bucks for every iraqi's life perished is great success for us all.

What ya talking about, entertainment? Colbert report is the real news as opposed to kevin's favorite blue pill news channel CNN.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:53 PM       
We could have done that WAY cheaper.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old May 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM       
colbert is god.

i hope he jokingkly runs for president.

cause i would vote for him. no joke.
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 8th, 2006, 03:34 PM       
I saw him perform live, Georgey. It was the Thrill of a lifetime. He is absolutely my favorite comedian right now.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:28 PM       
Because he went to a roast and made fun of the subject of said roast?
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:51 PM       
Oh, laws no! Colbert has been rising among my favorite comedians for many years. I first saw him on te short lived but brilliant Dana Carvey show. Then Exit 57, then the beyond Brilliant "Strangers with Candy". His performance in the two part cult episode my him solidly my favorite. His work on the Daily show and The Colbert report has only solidified that opinion.

Doing exactly what he does in fornt of such a hostile audience (and I think the press where every bit as uncomfortable and hostile as the Prez) made me admire him, but it was not his best performance. I wil tell you from pesonal experience, it is HARD to stick with your thing when the audience is not digging you. I thought the Helen Thomas chase scene was the best of it.

I think the question you are asking is "What's the big fuss?" they hired him to do political satire, he did it, end of story. I pretty much agree. Here's my two cents.

When Chris Rock did the Oscars, he toned down. When John Stewart did the Oscars, he toned down less, but to me, his edge was blunted. Colbert was Colbert. It came across a little slow and a little stilted becaue the audience was not enjoying it. But he didn't pander.

That's my asessment.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2006, 07:46 PM       
I laughed myself to tears in one of the season finales of "curb your enthusiasm" in which colbert jinxed larry david in the play he was performing in. It was a short colbert moment but man, was it sweet.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:49 PM       
Yeah I hate how people think of Colbert as a political commentator first and one of the funniest men alive second.

Strangers with Candy is probably one of my favorite shows of all time and established colbert as being my all time idol. Everything he's done after that only further solidifies it. It's not like he just started being funny.

And I did not know he preformed live, I thought he just did a couple years of improv at second city. When did you see him max?
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:29 AM       
Amy Sedaris, Paul Dinello and Colbert wrote a book called Wigville, which is a series of character Monologues. they went on a brief tour performing the book. It was damned impressive.
i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old May 9th, 2006, 05:33 PM       
i was reading richard cohens column in the post today and he was bitching really hard cause he wrote a harsh opinion piece colbert and got 3,000 emails in a brief period telling him he (cohen) was a pompus ass.

cohen then tried to break hard on colberts non-threatening "1,000,000" viewers.

cohen was really pissed cause colbert rated more email than some lefty cause of own.

i love when he interviews congressmen.
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.