Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drev is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 02:10 PM        Chappelle's Show: The 2nd Season
IT'S ONLY EIGHT DAYS UNTIL THE SECOND SEASON OF CHAPPELLE'S SHOW STARTS!

HURRAY!
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 02:33 PM       
I can hardly wait.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 03:01 PM       
I have a love hate relationship with this show

Some skits are fucking hysterical. Others really suck. And the ones that suck usually outweigh the ones that are good :/
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 03:29 PM       
I could either take or leave the show. It's OK enough to watch if it's on or you're bored or something, but I probably wouldn't give a fuck if it was cancelled.

A lot of the skits are horribly stupid, but some aren't that bad. Usually it's the ones that don't have the "WHITE PEOPLE ARE LIKE THIS AND WE BLACK PEOPLE, WE'RE DIFFERENT 'CAUSE WE'RE LIKE THIS" theme to it that are good.

I always thought the PopCopy sketch from the first episode was the best.

But still, I'm probably not going to even bother with the new season.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 03:30 PM       
This is a good show and it's going to be good this season too.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 03:47 PM       
I thought the blind black Klan leader one was funny.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 04:05 PM       
I was going to see him live once but I couldn't make it.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 04:18 PM       
I could walk down the street, and see black people acting just like that. It's not so much funny, as it is disgustingly sad.

The humor of the show is basically based on white people watching black people be black, and laughing at them. "He thinks he's people! LOL" Then black people make fun of white people, and white people are laughing some more. "LOL well I guess it's fair, since I was laughing at them for being black. LOL"

Just remember, if Reno 911 isn't picked up for another seasons, Comedy Central technically chose this show over that.

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 04:24 PM       
You have to diversify your bonds, nigga.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 04:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I could walk down the street, and see black people acting just like that. It's not so much funny, as it is disgustingly sad.

The humor of the show is basically based on white people watching black people be black, and laughing at them. "He thinks he's people! LOL" Then black people make fun of white people, and white people are laughing some more. "LOL well I guess it's fair, since I was laughing at them for being black. LOL"
this may be true for a racist, but there is more to the comedy of this show than "He thinks he's people!"
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 04:50 PM       
James, you're just whining because you're not allowed to say '******" because you're white, but Chappelle can get away with it. Why do you have to whine about everything so much?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:00 PM       
Because whining is what white people do. White people whine, and black people are allowed to say "******." It was decided in the Compromise of 2000, in which we returned control of the word "******" to Nathaniel Jordan; Spokesperson for the African American Community. In excange for letting them have that word to do with what they wish, white people were given the right to complain about anything that has to do with black people. And in return for that, black people would use white people's complaints to form poor TV shows that get picked up for a second season.

Honestly though, I'm just saying that the show's focus is not one that I find original or funny, so I truly wish they hadn't picked it up for another season. Meanwhile, there are incredibly hilarious shows that Comedy Central apparently can't wait to get rid of.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:03 PM       
James is a dumbass. Chappelle's Show is funny as hell.

My favorite was the women's choir rendition of "Diarrhea." Chappelle is brilliant.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 06:16 PM       
Chappelle's show is funny in doses but tedious in others. Let's just hope that Dave has fazed out the stupid shit and gotten to do some quality stuff otherwise nobody will have to argue over the race factor because it'll be dead.

He's got a second season. Now it's up to Dave to see if he's going to impress us or depress us.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 06:54 PM       

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 08:41 PM       
Theres a lot of shit on the show, but there are some brilliant sketches. They are releasing Season 1 on DVD, I'll rent them.

Speaking of Reno 911, it IS being renewed. And also, they are going to release the first season on DVD.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 08:48 PM       
FUCKING SWEET

-willie
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 10:11 PM       
I also heard about Reno911!, but it said it was being renewed next fall. It better not take that long.

And I've seen all the episodes way too many times to consider buying the DVD when it comes. I would buy it if it had some cool special features though (and I expect it would. I bet they could fill an entire disc of edited scenes and cut-out material), but Comedy Central will probably be a dick about special features and put in some sneak previews of Crank Yankers instead or something.

And if there's commentaries for most of the episodes, then I'll buy them just for those.

Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 10:36 PM       
On the South Park DVDs that my friend has, they put like nothing it at all. CARTMAN'S RARE HOLY NIGHT RENDITION. That's not rare, it's on like 5 fucking South Park DVDs.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 02:56 AM       
I read an interview that said they were thinking of putting an episode of Viva Vairiety on the Reno 911 set. Maybe Viva will come out on DVD after that, like how Bottom came out after the Young Ones set. Better yet, maybe they'll follow suit for the Strangers With Candy Season 3 (not OFFICIALLY announced, but they are working on it), and include an Exit 57 show (and hopefully a subsequent DVD release).
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 11:36 AM       
I thought the first season was pretty funny for the most part. Will have to check out this season too. Hopefully they have alot of new episodes instead of rerunning everything over and over again like last season.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 12:16 PM       
I would love to see some viva variety on dvd. It might not have been the greatest, but it was definetly enjoyable.
Drev is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 11:01 PM       
It was fucking hilarious!
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 11:14 PM       
Indeed. But I can't help but wonder how many more race jokes he has yet to use.

ted-core is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 04:38 PM       
I thought when Chapelle did that R Kelly song (I think it was called "I wanna piss on you") that it was the funniest damn thing... I wouldnt mind buying that on dvd.