Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 11:15 PM        Halloween Goodies
I've found myself purchasing a lot of Halloween related items way earlier then normal this season.
So I decided to start a general "show off your Halloween stuff" and share some of my own recently acquired Halloween goodies.

Au'some Kreepy Klick and Vampire Sucker

The Kreepy Klick has received an outstanding candy rating in the past and the bubble gum candy that it comes with is indeed tasty.
The Vampire Sucker is a giant candy head with candy goo that shoots up through the top. Also quite tasty.
Though I must admit the only reason I bought it is for the awesome logo.

A vampire forced to vomit blood by a monster hand. Now that's some good eating!

Black Cat On A Pumpkin

For some reason there doesn't seem to be that many decorations with just black cats. When I saw this one, I got a good clue why that might be.
The thing just looks evil! Sitting all prim and proper on it's pumpkin, with the total satisfaction that it's swallowed the souls of countless thousands.
And just look at that face.

See what I mean? Pure evil.

But my friends, these things simply can't compare to what I'm about to show you. This is hands down the BEST Halloween thing I've seen so far this season!

Hold on, let me switch over to (slightly more) spooky lighting.

Ready?

All Hallow's Eve Pop-Up Jack-In-The-Box

Just look at that thing! I have no idea if it's a new item or not, but I've never seen it before.
And I can say without reservation that I would of bought it on the spot if that was all there was to it.
A large tin box with the same vintage, faded, creepy-ass clown on each side.
Oh, but there's so much more.

As you can see, each side has a different clown. Each faded, scratched, and just plain creepy in it's own unique way.
This is definitely a truly awesome Halloween item.

But of course being as this is a Jack-In-The-Box, what about Jack? Yes, what about Jack indeed.
Well as you turn the crank, in addition to the typical Jack-In-The-Box music, there is a creepy little girl saying "Come closer. I have a secret." until finally out pops Jack.

And what a fine specimen he is! Looking like something right out of a horror movie or haunted house attraction.
He pops-up and says "Aww, did I scare you? Good!" before letting out a perfectly evil laugh.

I simply can't properly express how much I like this thing. And you really do need to see it in action.

So, here you go.

Not bad, huh?

So there's a sample of some of the things I've gotten so far. I'll add more as Halloween gets closer.
In the meantime, maybe some of you guys can share some of the cool Halloween stuff you've gotten so far.

Happy Halloween!
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 02:45 AM       
That's awesome!!! Warranted triple punctuation.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 08:55 AM       
I bought Big Boy coupons to give out...one free kid's meal and Big Boy is dressed as a different character on each one...avatar guy, shrek, etc. I'm looking for ideas of (affordable) candy to put with it. We only get about 25 trick or treaters.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 05:21 PM       
Actually Kitsa, believe it or not you can usually get a nice variety of good candy (Charm's Blow Pops, Nerds, Laffy Taffy, etc.) in the big bags of individual packets for a mere dollar at most dollar stores. So you can give out the good stuff by the handfuls for about the same price as just one of those big bags you get at most stores.

Also, the thing that seems to make the kids most excited around here (aside from the giant mounds of candy we dump in their bags) are light-sticks. My local Wal-Mart has a ten-pack of the smaller ones for $5 a pack. Toss in a glowing light-stick along with a big handful of candy in the kids' bags and just watch their faces light up with Halloween spirit .
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 08:17 PM       

I was thinking about buying this, kinda neat chainsaw, hit the button and the chain turns and it makes noises for about 2 minutes or so. It is 29.99 at the Superstore (supermarket)
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 10:36 PM       
The face of that jack in the box is actually pretty scary. That'd make a good picture on it's own right.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 12:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

I was thinking about buying this, kinda neat chainsaw, hit the button and the chain turns and it makes noises for about 2 minutes or so. It is 29.99 at the Superstore (supermarket)
That is pretty cool, Doctor. I don't think I've seen one where the chain actually spins. I can't tell, is there blood on the blade / chain itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
The face of that jack in the box is actually pretty scary. That'd make a good picture on it's own right.
Yeah, he looks really good. It's a little hard to see, but he even has a "dead" fish-bone necktie.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:06 AM       
Just an aside, does the back of your Au'Some brand stuff say "Made Responsibly in China"?
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM       
Walgreens has Jason and Freddy shrunken heads, and are my go to place for the Halloween Dots.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 05:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Just an aside, does the back of your Au'Some brand stuff say "Made Responsibly in China"?
Those words precisely. Also, "This Product is manufactured in a nut free facility" and "Screw neck back on squeeze bottom and suck candy head".
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 06:29 PM       
That's what my Mario gummies said, too. A relative of mine said that meant there was a 12 year old supervisor in the sweatshop instead of an 8 year old.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM       
That's just ridiculous. It's common knowledge that at the age of 10 the child gets promoted to hard labor.
My guess would be the "responsible" ones are the 8-year-olds with at least 5 years of on the job experience.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 10:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

(Image won't work. Oh well.)

I got one of those free from my brother's ex girlfriend. She worked for the company that made them so it is like a floor/advertising model. It has two different chainsaw noises and then this one long one that talks about all this weird shit coming out that year. I'd say it's worth the money.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 11:24 PM       
So far I haven't had any luck finding the "Revenge Of The Giant Earthworm" gummy (or any of the three for that matter) to give out for best costume this year.
I have found a decent replacement though.

Flix's Marshmallow Brain Burger

Yes, it's a giant marshmallow burger with a brain for a bun. What's strange about it () is that each layer has a different flavor.
It actually tastes pretty good. Kind of like a giant multi-flavored Peep.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 17th, 2010, 11:57 PM       
Holy crap, a brain bun? :O

Where did you find that one. I gotta buy one for sure.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 12:33 AM       
I found them at my local Walgreens. I guess they either don't ship well or someone just smashed them because I was only able to find two of them that still looked like brain buns instead of tomato buns.
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 06:43 AM       
Awesome I think I will go make that purchase and the blood splatter gives it that added I have killed before touch.