Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:33 PM        electronic toy sound effects
anyone got any 80s/90s toys with the generic loop of electronic sound effects?

a lot of different electronic toys had the same sound set (which looped through a selection of different mono sounds such as blasts, a bomb dropping and random other effects)

a lot of toy guns had this, so does anyone have one they can record? or somewhere on the internet i could find them? i need those sound effects!

Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 03:46 AM       
That sound loop always reminded me of a car alarm.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 11:41 PM       
If you've got a Dollar Tree store nearby (or the equivalent) some of thier toy guns still have those sounds. There's also a little keychain with at least 4 of those sounds on it. You just have to try them out in the store to make sure it's the ones you want.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 11:59 PM       
www.stupid.com Might have some that your looking for or www.justkeychains.com might work too. The internet can do amazing things.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 03:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan
The internet can do amazing things.
That's a bold faced lie.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 10:21 AM       
Jeez, I've got about five of the damn things, all rotting in a box in California. I can get you a shitty recording of a phone call of the noises, if no one else can get you anything better.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 01:06 PM       
why dont you just buy a $10 keyboard wouldnt it give you more pleasure then the sound of a bomb dropping
tenno is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM       
i hated how every toy gun made in the last has those fucking random effects. when i buy a replica DC-10 rifle, i expect it to make one sound, two is they include a stun setting, and i better be able to switch from one to the other.....that fucking loop pisses me off. it ruined my fun and imagination as a child, and as an adult with an office and a love of shiny weapons, ruins my day even more. one sound, and sparks if possible!
Banned
LORI is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2009, 02:13 AM       
haha oh yeah .. i was with one today going danalanalanalana the old ones like a weird sound haha :L hm, search on youtube electronic gun sound u never know what u will find
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM       
guh well not to encourage bringing up dead threads but my neighbors car alarm makes these dumb sounds like all night sometimes and at first we didn't know it was him and we would call the person with that alarm stpid annoying geeky and wonder to god why they would choose the car alarm sampler but then we found out it was him and now we just think hes annoying stupid and geeky for having such a gay car alarm.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 07:22 PM       
Crap, this reminds me of some toy from back in the 80s / early 90s. It was just a novelty item that you put on your desk and it had like 5 buttons for all the various sound effects (laser, bomb, machine gun, etc). It was called something cheesy like "The Decimator" or something along those lines. I wish I could remember the actual name of it, because I know I've seen it promoted online somewhere before.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh!
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 10:31 PM       
Go to your local Walmart and check out the area in the toy department where they have things like Silly Putty and toy key chains. They usually have a bunch of electronic noise maker toys there and I'm sure there has to be one with those old effects. They still use them on the regularly released toys after all.