Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Good or Bad?
Good! 3 30.00%
Sucks like your grandma! 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

MysteryTheKid is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 07:33 PM        PlayStation 3. Good or Bad?
I need opinions cause I was thinkin' about getting one.

5 DAY POLL!

OPEN YOUR MOUTH,

CLOSE YOUR HAND AND MAKE A FIST.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 07:36 PM       
Ecce crucem domine, fúgite partes advérsae
Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 07:40 PM       
I'm not too big on Latin :/
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 09:19 PM       
Just what this board needs, another big meaningless fight about video games that accomplishes nothing but getting people pissed off at each other for not liking what they like
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 09:21 PM       
I KNOW, I KNOW! MYSTERYTHEKID GOT A PRE-RELEASE! Right?

Otherwise there'd be no reason to ask what people thought about a system that is yet to be released, right?

RIGHT?!
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 11:03 PM       
The PS3 is broken, buy a Commodore 64 instead.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 01:02 AM       
I love it personally but why wouldn't you want a PS4 like the one I have?

What are you stupid?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 09:32 AM       
the commadore 64 is way better than the spectrum any day

but neither beats the almighty bbc micro

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 11:50 AM       
I have seen several pictures of the PS3 and also heard numerous Internet rumors perpatrated by nerds who have little else to do with their time. From this I can tell you it's bad, VERY EXTREMELY DREADFULLY BAD.

If I where to take an entierly informed and subjective view on the subject I would have to say I have absolutly no idea whether it's good or bad as I've never played one or even seen much in the way of in-game footage.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 09:42 PM       
Its a piece of fucking shit. Its ripping off the Wii. Once sony heard their having motion sensitive controllers they decide they need it too. I cant wait for Nintendo to bounce back and crush the son of a bitch with huge fucking claws like a vulture attacking fresh meat.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 10:08 PM       
News Flash: If any company in any line of work finds out a rival is using a feature that will carve out a huge customer base, that company will do its best to create a comparable product.

The controllers are tilt based, and will effect gameplay far differently than the Wii controller.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 10:18 PM       
I applaud the Playstation for sticking to it's roots and having the best controller design ever. EVER.

Kudos to the Wii, though. Nintendo: Pioneers of the Z button.
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 10:53 PM       
Frankly, a lot of "discussions" I've seen about next-gen consoles in general are just talking about the hardware, whether it be controllers, storage capacities, GPUs, whatever. Yes, that's somewhat important, but I've rarely seen any comments anywhere about the games they offer. I'd say the biggest barrier Nintendo needs to overcome is that they need to have 3rd party games. The PS2 was more expensive than the Cube and had the worst graphics of current gen, yet sold the most consoles by far. 3rd parties are starting to warm up to Nintendo, but only in the form of spinoffs (Crystal Chronicles) or multiplatforms (RE4) from what I've seen this gen. Red Steel is also a step in the right direction, but I think Nintendo still has a ways to go. Don't get me wrong, Nintendo makes great games, but when the most of the reasons to buy the a Nintendo console are Zelda, Smash Bros., Metroid, Mario Kart, and Starfox, I feel it loses a little bit of its appeal. Sorry, I'm just like that

I still think it will be the games that determine popularity this next gen, just like the current gen, last gen, and so on. I'm sure as hell not buying a console because "OMG the controller" or "OMG the graphics". I feel that's taking a narrow point of view.

I'm not going to buy any next gen consoles until 2 years from launch. Hey, I did the same thing with the current gen. First of all, no matter which console you're getting, it'll be cheaper. Second, launch titles are usually crap. In two years, I'll see which console has the most games that I want (among other factors), and choose accordingly. Of course, that means during those two years I'll have to walk through Best Buy or Gamestop or something with my eyes shut and my hands in my ears shouting "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR NOR SEE ANYTHING" because otherwise I'll see what I'm missing and not be too happy about it. But then again, I also have to see what the hell is going on with these new-fangled devices before I pick one
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 10:09 AM       
Or you can just buy all 3 like I'm going to and not worry about the fuss.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Ancient Mariner
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 10:18 AM       
Not everyone has enough for all three. Frankly, I like Marc Summer's method. Right now, Sony hasn't given me one damn reason as to why I would want the PS3 over the other two, but who knows what will come out two years from now?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 11:06 AM       
i'm not interested in any of the new consoles, here's why

XBOX 360: only thing that had an even SLIGHT pull for me on this was oblivion, and i can play that on my computer now so f*ck it

NINTENTO REVOLUTION: yeah i can play emulated games online! all right! oh wait i already can do that with my computor s*ck my d*ck

PLAYSTATION 3: yeah, right
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 11:48 AM       
A next-gen game I'm very interested in right now is something nobody has even heard of

Metronome for PC, PS3, and 360:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/741/741151/imgs_1.html
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/741/741150.html
http://pc.ign.com/articles/602/602600p1.html
Ancient Mariner
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 04:18 PM       
I'm absloutely psyched about Mass Effect, but that'll be released to PC too, right?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 07:11 PM       
I'm psyched as Hell about Alan Wake. I'll have all three eventually. I collect the consoles.
Pink is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 08:03 PM       
I still have Super Nintendo
Yoshi's Island just never gets old
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 07:02 PM       
I like Mario and not much else, so I guess my mind is made up.

And anything that is over 400 dollars is a computer not a video game console, sheesh.