Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 04:14 PM        Military Service For Presidents
How many of you think that the constant comparison of military service (penis sizes) is just a diversionary mud slingling tactic used to disguise the fact that neither man's party has a real political plan that is particularly effective or different from the other?

Wherever you go, there you are.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 05:10 PM       
I think they're focusing on the military service so they can avoid the absolutely dispicable bullshit that these two politicians have been involved in in the subsequent 30 years.

I also think that I'd rather have a president with zero military service, in fact. They might not be the most brilliant tactician, but they're also less likely to start a fight.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 06:21 PM       
Well, one of the president's primary jobs is as Commander in Chief of the armed forces. I think experience in that field is something that should be considered, just not alone.

I'm not going to question Kerry's service record. If he earned those medals, then he should be proud. I just want to know how he is going to use those experiences as president. So far, if he is to be believed, he was a hell of a soldier, but I don't know what kind of civilian leader he is.

McMock is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 08:27 AM       
Just a detail - don't mean to imply that you didn't know this already. But both presidential candidates have very different plans. It's just that what they tell the people their plans are is so very alike. (And wouldn't you know it, what they tell the media is exactly what will score with the largest slice of the population. GASP!)

Bush had the plan to invade Iraq well before he became the president, but it did not show up in any of his speeches. Plan =/= the bullshit they vomit out into the airwaves.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 05:10 PM       
I just find that it's human nature to throw in the red herring when you have no real argument. It's one of the more disappointing informal logic techniques. You would think that, as presidents (or one vying for president), that they could come up with something more creative.

I also like the way Bush gave the Swift Boat guys a couple of days airing before he made his statement about how reprehensible the message was.

Wherever you go, there you are.