Sniper 0 0%
Spy 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 02:19 PM       
i suck at team fortress
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 04:55 PM       
noobs usually pick sniper because they figure their FPS skills are transferable. At least, that's why I picked him at first.

the best thing about being a demoman is outsmarting people, which is also the best thing abotu being a spy :< I frequently have to run away, but I shoot stickies at my feet and then blow them up when I'm clear and ALWAYS get pyros that way.

I also sometimes do that when I'm not being chased just in case some spy is trying to be awesome.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:02 PM       
I found out I'm incredibly good as a sniper. His machine pistol makes him an excellent mid-range fighter against all but the heaviest of heavys and soldiers.

Also, it's incredibly satisfying to use that machete. The thing most people don't get is that you have to take a shot and then book it to another position, because your position is compromised when you kill somebody.

Damn killcam.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM       
I play as a spy mostly.

I find that it's very easy to do well as a pyro, and I'm usually at the top of the board when I'm playing as one. Spies are the most unstable class I think, with one run resulting in six consecutive deaths and the next run ending in an entire shut down of their base.

I never eeeever play as a heavy though.
Almighty Samfucius
Samfucius is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 09:36 PM       
Well, I would definitely agree that people rarely play as the sniper, but it's not because the class sucks (in my opinion), it's just that the learning curve is so much steeper. A properly placed, good sniper can keep the other team off of your mechanics, turrets, etc. for quite awhile. The real problem with snipers is that people try to play them as though they are a soldier or heavy, and fail miserably.

Granted, a team with more than two snipers is a team that is going to get their ass handed to them, no matter how good the snipers are.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:34 PM       
schimid and I were playing TF2 over here the other day on gravelpit, attacking, and a sniper joined our team. schimid was all "WHY DO WE HAVE A SNIPER THE LAST THING IN THE WORLD THAT WE NEED IS A SNIPER" and then immediately afterwards the sniper wiped out the entire opposing team.

schimid's response was "well, i'm sorry. i DID NOT KNOW."
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 12:46 AM       
when i'd play tf original i was always the heavy and i did ok

it's possible i always played against sucky people though because nearly every other time i've tried to play online competitive twitch games i get destroyed
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 02:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
schimid and I were playing TF2 over here the other day on gravelpit, attacking, and a sniper joined our team. schimid was all "WHY DO WE HAVE A SNIPER THE LAST THING IN THE WORLD THAT WE NEED IS A SNIPER" and then immediately afterwards the sniper wiped out the entire opposing team.

schimid's response was "well, i'm sorry. i DID NOT KNOW."

Murphy's Law.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 03:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
To be fair, there were only four people on each team. Never have I ever played another game where 25% sniping made the attacking team better.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 03:29 PM       
Depends on what the other team has. For example a heavy medic combo's biggest enemy is a decent sniper. Also sentries and engineers can be easy pickings.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM       
How IS the sniping mechanic in this game? I haven't played it in awhile, and I don't think I will anytime soon. Is it comparable to any other type of FPS?
Fun haver
Max Radical is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
It's very rare for a sniper to be useful enough on a team of less than nine - because there are at least eight classed more useful than him. That said, I'm playing a sniper and scout (my hated classes) these days to get a better feel for them. It's pretty fun, a completely different game - albeit a game I'm not NEARLY as good as as my usual Engineer/Soldier/Medic game.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 06:05 PM       
I only ask because I usually snipe on the other FPSs I play, with the exception of Rainbow.
was never good
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 12:02 AM       
So 4chan has its own level in this game now, and here are a bunch of pictures of it.

The thing is huge and will occasionally fill up with water for no reason. Also, there are a number of '4chan party vans' that will fly up to the roof if you can't make the hike up there through the building. I have no idea how to make them take off, and if course none of the channers were about to tell me.

If you're wondering what the '(name) <)))' shit in the lower right is about, it's the 3 or so people that are simultaneously serenading you with the hottest internet anthems at all times on this map.

The best way to describe the map itself is 'the internet has a nightmare.'

Oh, and pretty much everything that looks like it could move or animate there, does.

It's really more of a museum than a map ;<
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 12:09 AM       
That's the greatest thing I think I've ever seen
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 01:21 AM       
yuck
Almighty Samfucius
Samfucius is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 06:46 PM        Aww... how beautiful.
My big question is, can you interact with any of that eye candy? Because it would be great to look at, don't getme wrong, but think of how much more amazing it would be if you, for example, shot the picture of Mario and you heard the 'Mario Dying' music.

That would be nirvana.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 07:04 PM       
I approve of that moon.
Also, yeah, I think that'd be neat.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 07:17 PM       
I'd expect that picture of mario to go THE ENCLOSED INSTRUCTION BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK. BOOK.

but yeah that'd be sweet
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM       
I admit I laughed a little at the SMB/Deathnote pic.

The level kind of reminds me of playing CS matches on Jeepathon2k.

Disastah Blastah
Action Ham is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 08:54 PM       
Mprh mhrphm mhhphm hphmrp hrhmrhpmp.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 09:50 PM       
you know what's funny, i am really good friends with the guy who created "weegee" (he's in the 3rd screenshot from the bottom in a window)

too bad it was "anonymous" (duh) and he'll never get credit for such a creepy meme