Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 07:08 PM        I Got a Phone Call from some friends of God's
I just got a tape recorded phone call urging me to march on the Massachusetts state house and demand the removal from the bench of the four judges who ruled that our sttae constitution doesn't prohibit gay marriage, and so gay marriage liscences must be issued. The caller said these judges had violated God's will.

The caller did not identify himslef, or say what group he was affiliated with or who paidf for these tape recorded auto phone messages. So I guess while God is against gay marriage, He's peachy with cowardice and the kind of anonymity generally provided by a white pointy hood.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 07:12 PM       
I'd *69 it and bitch them out.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 07:17 PM       
Yeah, I tried that, it didn't work. Somehow they got around it. Do you suppose it's because they don't want to take the heat doing God's will brings down on them? 'Cause that's not Christlike at all.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 07:30 PM       
Neither is using the government to do something it wasn't intended for. Or maybe it is. Damn Jesus!
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 10:00 PM       
*69 can be defeated with a simple *67 ahead of dialing whatever number you're calling.

I promise I've never made a prank phone call.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 10:06 PM       
I got a letter from BMW roadshow that I thought was about something on cars. It turns out it the VP of BMW roadshow went Christian Brothers University and thinks that i would do great there, too.

I think that it's illegal, so is the phone call you got max. Solicitation isn't allowed on the phone if you won't tell what corporation you're working for from what people tell me... :/

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:09 AM       
If someone *67s beforehand, you can just dial your operator and have them trace the call.

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
I got a letter from BMW roadshow that I thought was about something on cars. It turns out it the VP of BMW roadshow went Christian Brothers University and thinks that i would do great there, too.

I think that it's illegal, so is the phone call you got max. Solicitation isn't allowed on the phone if you won't tell what corporation you're working for from what people tell me... :/
You're assuming they are a corporation and not some bible bumping fundamentalist group who is just calling everyone they possibly can.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:59 AM       
There's a good way to get rid of these phone calls: tell them that the God you know likes being banged up the ass with a giant black dildo and if they don't like it, it's colon cancer for them.

Then say 'Fuck Jesus' and hang up. With a little bit of luck they'll hyperventilate and choke on their tongue while going into instanteous stigmata.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:49 AM       
You should write your newspaper, Max.
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 10:28 AM       
It was tape recording, which I could have hung up on, but didn't out of morbid curiosity. All the clever things I might have said wouldn't have been said to anyone, or recorded. They didn't ask for money, just my participation.

I found it disturbing, particulraly it's cowardice and I am going to write my paper, but I'm waitig to see what the protest today turns out to be like.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 10:41 AM       
Make it interesting, tell them the tape recording ended and it had the words 'Billy, who's your Father? Billy, who's your Father? Billy, PRAISE JESUS!' I think I'd be sickly funny.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 11:59 AM       
My wifes church has some sort of system that calls all of the members of the church and plays a recording if another member dies or gets sick or something....neat system for mass calling.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 04:43 PM       
Let's hope that apathy on the part of the bible thumpers wins out and the true will of the people remains strong. My theory is that most of the conservatives mostly remain interested when someone puts the heat under their ass while the people that have a stake in the issue remain informed and active. The feeling I get is that most people aren't so much FOR gay marriage as for personal liberties and are willing to leave the gay population alone to pursue their own happiness as long as it doesn't screw with their own ... sort of a corollary to the "Golden Rule".

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 06:34 PM       
You can't *69 God, what ar eyou thinking, silly pagans.