Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM        Futurama on CC
Is this still the TV forum i'm not sure

but Futurama's on Comedy Central right now and that's fucked up

Does this mean we really are getting a new season? :O
AWESOME
Madman914 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:04 PM       
Adult Swim's contract with Futurama expired so comedy central decided to take it and introduce a new season which will basically be the 4 dvd films that are coming out (bender's big score) and chopping 'em up into a new season.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM       
I've watched every Futurama episode so many times I can hardly get excited about this, but weekdays at 9? Is anyone really watching TV then anyway?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman914 View Post
Adult Swim's contract with Futurama expired so comedy central decided to take it and introduce a new season which will basically be the 4 dvd films that are coming out (bender's big score) and chopping 'em up into a new season.
So if you get/have the movies, these are going to be completely pointless to watch?
I likes PIE!
comhcinc is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfr5 View Post
So if you get/have the movies, these are going to be completely pointless to watch?
yeah sounds like it. but if you are too cheap to buy the movies and are stealing cable, then it's a good deal
125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:57 PM       
Looks like I already have a fourth of the season then.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman914 View Post
Wow, I feel cheated then. I thought it was going to be a new season after they played through the old episodes once or twice.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 02:03 AM       
I don't get why Fox doesn't just give the show a new season and put it right after the Simpsons. It would seem like a no-brainer since the damn show got the same ratings as Family Guy and was made by the same guy who made the freaking Simpsons. I'm getting the impression that Fox fears Matt Groening because his show is still keeping them afloat from the same shitty programming they've foisted on us.

They've already owe their ass to Groening and his show for the rest of time, why not make Futurama the heir to the Simpsons when that finally bites it?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:13 AM       
Because Turner broadcasting acquired the rights to Futurama back in ... what, 2002-3? Back when nobody gave a shit about Futurama or Family Guy (except me ) and FOX decided the prudent thing to do would be to move both shows to a Wednesday time slot to die in obscurity. And Comedy Central has since acquired the rights and the new season.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 12:58 PM       
Has anyone verified that the DVD and the new season are the same?
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM       
Yes. The internet has verified it several times.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 08:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I've watched every Futurama episode so many times I can hardly get excited about this, but weekdays at 9? Is anyone really watching TV then anyway?
People that work full time do.....
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 09:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
Because Turner broadcasting acquired the rights to Futurama back in ... what, 2002-3? Back when nobody gave a shit about Futurama or Family Guy (except me ) and FOX decided the prudent thing to do would be to move both shows to a Wednesday time slot to die in obscurity. And Comedy Central has since acquired the rights and the new season.
Still, it seems that Fox doesn't want to create another long-running cartoon show with Groening involved. Even if the show has a ton of references, it's still a damn fine show. I don't see why they would want to kill it again.

Heck, with Family Guy at least they're airing the hell out of it. It has to be Groening, man.