Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 08:28 PM       
Was I the only person this afternoon who experienced the site going back in time to September 20th ? Not only were the last two days of posts missing, but all the ones that actually did get lost were back.

And I was the only person logged in each time I checked, which never happens at 5:00pm

EDIT: I guess I was, since posts exist around here during the time I was stuck in a weird limbo. I even made a thread called "SOME POSTS GOT LOST :o" that still shows up in my history but redirects to an infraction thread.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 08:56 PM       
Freak
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 09:54 PM       
YOU'RE WELCOME.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 02:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Was I the only person this afternoon who experienced the site going back in time to September 20th ? Not only were the last two days of posts missing, but all the ones that actually did get lost were back.
See, there's a several day period in which the domains need to fully propagate when you're pointing them to a new location. So while somebody in California is seeing the site on the new server, I left the old server up for people who were still seeing the site on the old one. Some gateways take longer for the change to go through. Sometimes they'll even go back to the old server for a bit. If that happens, best bet is to just clear your temp files and browser cache. If it still remained an issue, you could edit your Hosts file, but that's really not necessary. This weekend, I'll be shutting down the old server permanently, so everybody will definitely be on the new server by then.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 05:53 PM       
Old server has been shut down, so we're officially up and running on the new server now. Everything seems to be working fine.

One thing though
- I found an article that was completely missing from the server (the Knott's Scary Farm photos from last year) so I had to re-upload it. Has anybody noticed any other articles that are missing? You'll know they're missing if you click on them and it takes you to the blog instead. I haven't found any others that were missing, but want to make sure there's nothing I'm overlooking.

Please let me know.