Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

UNCLE ******
Uncle_Sham is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2007, 03:31 PM        The Golden Compass
I seen this movie friday night in a theatre of of town, i ended up going with someone who way really religious, big mistake. If youve seen the movie youll no what a demon is. If you havent, at the beginning of the movie the narrator tells everyone that this is an alternate univerese where instead of your souls being inside of your body they remain outside in the form of animal, this is a demon. Anyway they decided that this was the only reason they dident like the movie, otherwise it would have been fine. and on the carride back to the hotel they we talking about how the (magitorioum?) was actually the catholic religion and how the movie is trying to turn people against it. To me, this was all bullshit and made me mad. But i chose to keep it all bottled inside me and just let it be.

How do you guys feel they are representing religion?

and if youve seen it, how did you like it. I thought it was better than i expected.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM       
Isn't the trilogy also famous for bashing christianity? I remember reading a review of the movie which said that church is portrayed as evil and they kidnap children etc.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM       
It IS trying to turn people against Catholicism. The books are written by an avowed atheist.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 15th, 2007, 06:45 PM       
wait didn't they do that in the old times like burning "witches", lesbos an fags all the time thosse were the goodtimes to be religious now with technology and science religion is only a bad taste jock

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 12:39 PM       
I think the lesson here is to not go out with religious chicks AMIRITE????
UNCLE ******
Uncle_Sham is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 01:41 PM       
URRITE
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 02:09 PM       
Cuz we all know religious chicks don't put out
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 12:36 AM       
Religious chicks don't pull out.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 02:51 PM       
I love you
Forum Virgin
Sionainn is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 12:14 AM       
*Spoilers*
I'm about to discuss major plot details in this post from the books.

I'm devoted to The Dark Material's series, and I grew up in a Protestant and Catholic family so religion is somewhat a part of my life.
They do not actually kill god, they kill a power hungry angel, the Metatron who seeks to supplant God. Yes, they are written by a confirmed athiest but members of the church have supported this series in the past, also the major religious elements have been taken out of the film to make it more family friendly so I really don't think the movie is that offensive.
The books aren't written like R.L Stine, they are written by an Oxford educated man and I like to think any child who reads these books and completely comprehends the religious meaning behind them is also completely capable of thinking for themselves and won't let something as simple as a book series turn them into an atheist.
Sorry for the mini rant, I'm just getting rather frustrated by the idea that people are so mindless that one book or movie is automatically going to change their religious views.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 24th, 2007, 01:34 AM       
What about what the bleep do we know I can't tell you how many people turned whatever the fuck that is into their religion.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 26th, 2007, 11:46 PM       
This movie bit.