Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:55 PM       
Jesus never said ONE WORD about homosexuality in the bible. NOT ONE RECORDED WORD. Gee, guess sexual orientation must not have been important to him at all, huh?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:57 PM       
Yeah, but you should have heard him mutter about it all day
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:00 PM       
Jesus never wrote ANY of the Bible neither. Could be that some of the prophets were just homo hatin' zealots. Just sayin' :/

Wherever you go, there you are.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:01 PM       
Chojin, why do you choose to be one of those cast into the fire?
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:03 PM       
Ronnie, why do you choose to walk around with your eyes closed?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:05 PM       
Naldo:

A.) Do you have any problem with that Jack Chick comic in any way, or would you say it is an accurate and fair depiction of "Real Christianity"

B.) What leads you to believe that Jesus cared about homosexuality?
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:07 PM       
I would say that it was pretty accurate.

And Christ cannot contradict the father, and the old testament speaks against it as you well know.
Mocker

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:12 PM       
A lot of this, I guess, hinges on whether you feel that homosesexuality is a choice (nurture) or the way you were born (nature). Psychiatrists STILL aregue this point nowadays. If you accept that homosexuality is the way you were born, then you have to question the fact of why God made you that way. Why would a perfect being make you that way if, in HIS eyes, that is wrong behavior ... or imperfect, so to speak. Is it some kind of screwy test?!

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:14 PM       
Do you believe you are born an alcoholic? Or maybe it just runs in the faimily.......maybe genetic? Well, if so .... it doesn't mean Christ is going to want you to waste your life being a drunk.
Mocker

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:24 PM       
Theirs a big difference there. In drinking, you involve others into your habit and possible harming them ... drinking away the family money ... drinking and driving ... domestic violence, ect. In following your sexual orientation, who are you harming? You're shaming your family Big deal! There would be no shame without the stigma that WE, as a society, have attached to the matter. WE have MADE that abnormal behavior, not the Bible. Their families should love them anyway.

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:50 PM       
You're not harming anyone else if you're just sitting in you apt. by yourself.

That's like me saying that just because your gay it means your responsible for spreading aids. That's ignorant.

It's the same concept.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:05 PM       
Is the old testament all the word of God or just the parts in quotes?

If it's all God, then Lot offering his daughters to a crowd that wanted to raoe them was good. If it's just "The Law", I hope you never found Mildew in your house, because if you did you were supposed to take it apart stone by stone.

And if some woman ever consents to be your wife, will you send her away during Menstruation?

Do you keep Kosher? Where did Jesus amend that set of rules? Etc. Etc. Etc.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:32 PM       
Quote:
And if some woman ever consents to be your wife, will you send her away during Menstruation?
Must....resist....stupid....sexist.....joke
Mocker

Old Mar 4th, 2003, 05:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
You're not harming anyone else if you're just sitting in you apt. by yourself.

That's like me saying that just because your gay it means your responsible for spreading aids. That's ignorant.

It's the same concept.
So what ARE you trying to say? That those sitting in their appartments are spared YOUR blame because they're putting their wanker away and sitting in their apparment like a good little homosexuals? Do you realize that over half the new cases of HIV infection in Africa are due to medical personnel being undersupplied and using syringes that have been used one or more times among other things that make their environment unsterile. I'm not faulting them. That's just the reality they have to deal with until they're better funded. You do ALSO realize that their are yet other ways to contract the disease? Jeesh! Read something other than the "Daily Fascist Skinhead" once in a while.

Old Mar 4th, 2003, 06:12 PM       
I just thought of something! The Pope is really old and hard to understand! I bet he urged Catholics to "Go to war fast" on March 5!
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 06:22 PM       
i STILL dont know what the fuck to do tomorrow :/

maybe i will go harass some arab americans about their heritage...

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 06:22 PM       
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 06:27 PM       
Eye Tie, the biggest difference between you and Naldo is that you can be funny.

That anbd your slavish, robot like devotion to the so called 'Pope'.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 06:34 PM       
it would be better if he would wear his "america super cool number 1" miter every once in a while :/
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 06:35 PM       
See, now, that's twice in a row you made me laugh.
Legislacerator
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 06:38 PM       
all good things must come to an end, for now i must be off to class
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 08:16 PM       
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/030304/1/38j5b.html

Wednesday March 5, 3:03 AM
Pope steps up anti-war crusade with call for Christians to fast

Pope John Paul II stepped up his crusade against a looming war in Iraq, urging the world's Christians to stage a fast for peace on the same day as his envoy is to meet US President George W. Bush.

The pope said the day of fasting on Wednesday would remind people of the long years of suffering endured by Iraqi citizens as a result of the international embargo against the country.

The fast will coincide with a meeting Wednesday between Bush and the pope's special envoy, Cardinal Pio Laghi, who the pope has entrusted with a special plea to restrain the US leader from waging war against Iraq.

The fast is the latest in a series of efforts to avert a war by the pope, who has emerged as one of the most prominent opponents against a US-led conflict with Iraq.

In recent weeks, he has received leaders ranging from Iraq Deputy Prime Minister Tareq Aziz to British Prime Minister Tony Blair, the US' key ally on Iraq, and Tuesday held talks with Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.

The pontiff said the day of fasting Wednesday should "provide greater understanding of the difficulties and sufferings or our brothers confronted by hunger, misery and war."

The appeal has also been passed on by World Council of Churches in Geneva and the Synod of the Church of England.

An informal opinion poll carried out on a private Italian television channel also found that 55.7 percent of viewers said they were willing to follow the appeal to fast.

Laghi's meeting with Bush Wednesday comes amid insistences from Washington that the pope's anti-war pronouncements will not be able to sway the United States from its hardline stance on Iraq.

Jim Nicholson, US envoy to the Holy See, on Tuesday confirmed that the pope's appeal through Laghi would not influence American thinking.

"Cardinal Laghi's mission may be useful, but Iraq must disarm," he said on the private Italian television channel "La 7."

"If Saddam Hussein were to leave his country, that would be a perfect solution," Nicholson added.

Meanwhile, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, a firm supporter of the US stance on Iraq, became the latest of the world's leaders Tuesday to hold talks on the crisis with the pope.

Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said that the meeting "allowed an exchange of views on the current international situation, with special emphasis on the crisis in Iraq."

The pope had already held talks Thursday with Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar, another key supporter of the US position on Iraq and holder of a crucial seat on the UN Security Council.

Officials at the Vatican have said the 82 year-old-pope has thrown all his energy into efforts to stop the war, despite the crippling effects of his Parkinson's disease.

"He has been more alert in the last few days, as though he wanted to give us more strength," Laghi said.

The pope has adopted a vocal stance of principled opposition against a military conflict with Iraq, saying the future of humanity can never be ensured by the logic of war.

"Marred by long-standing and seemingly relentless conflicts, the world stands on the brink of yet another war," the pope wrote last month in a pessimistic message to newly-enthroned Anglican leader Rowan Williams.

Separately, the Vatican Tuesday denied that the pope had planned to make a personal address to the United Nations Security Council if his envoy failed to deter Bush from going to war.

"There are no plans for the Holy Father to visit the United Nations," a spokesman told journalists.
-30-
Mocker
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 08:18 PM       
Quote:
The pope said the day of fasting on Wednesday would remind people of the long years of suffering endured by Iraqi citizens as a result of the international embargo against the country.
This Pope rocks.

And tell me this isn't a badass pic for an avatar:

Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 08:26 PM       
I don't know how you feel about it, but the Pope also opposed the sanctions against South Africa.
Mocker
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 08:32 PM       
I am generally against sanctions myself, especially if they aren't hurting the intended target. I don't think the pope was accepting an apartheid regime anymore than he is accepting Saddam Hussein in this instance (although idiots like Ronnie will construe it that way).