Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 09:30 AM        SCALIA EXCERCISES RIGHT TO BE CORRUPT
The Supreme court will soon hear a case about wether Dick Chenny has the right to refuse too release information on who in the energy industry helped him write the energy bill.

Justice Scalia recently went on a week long duck hunting trip with Dick Chenney. (What the hell is it with high powered republicans and killing birds?)

The trip was a freeby sponsored by Energy companies.

Justice Scalia will not recuse himself from the Chenney case because he says his impartiality cannot be reasonably questioned. Now, to me, if he'd said he didn't think he'd been influenced, I'd doubt it, but I could live with it. But his impartiality cannopt reasonably be questioned? What is he, the Pope?

Now, legally, he has the right to do this. Only Supreme court justices can determine wether they should recuse themselves from cases or not.

However, this stinks. Privilidge, money, exclusivitty, gifts from corporations... Shouldn't we expect more from the highest court in the land?
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 09:52 AM       
Scalia is a jackass. He, Rhenquist, and Thomas make me want to vomit.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 12:00 PM       
scalia's been corrupt from the get-go, but what you just posted is wierd, it's like reading in our history books of *other* regimes and how bad or stupid they were and they'd put that in to make us go "pfah! wow, whats the use of believeing you'd get any justice in *that* country!" and then we'd--

oh.

oh dear.

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 12:08 PM        Re: SCALIA EXCERCISES RIGHT TO BE CORRUPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
However, this stinks. Privilidge, money, exclusivitty, gifts from corporations... Shouldn't we expect more from the highest court in the land?
It's not the highest court doing it. It's one man and can we expect more from him? No actually. This is the same man during Texas v. Lawrence who said that homosexuals should not be allowed to teach elementary school b/c they would teach children how to be homosexuals. Luckily, Kennedy and the only vote that really counts right now O'Conner, are on the court and are very well reasoned in their analysis of legal issues.