Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 03:48 AM        Warhammer Online "Open" Beta
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/warhammeronline/

Not "open" in the traditional sense, as you'll need to buy a FilePlanet subscription before being eligible. I hope you can afford six dollars, guys.

I never played tabletop games and until someone informed me of what Warhammer was I thought "RTS" when someone mentioned it, but this game actually has caught my attention and interest recently.

Admittedly, after they cut all the content out, the coolest thing is probably how you can level up entirely through PvP. But that's actually really great, and I've never seen an MMO do that and have no idea why.

You can also decorate yourself with COMBAT TROPHIES, like the heads of your fallen enemies.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Aug 31st, 2008 at 05:06 AM.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 06:17 AM       
There is a Warhammer RTS. The Warhammer 40,000 RTS is better.

I like Warhammer enough that this may be what draws me into MMOs, but I need a new computer and a faster connection. Tell me how it is.

Can we admit in this thread that we still have a box of unpainted Chaos warriors in a drawer somewhere? If not then I don't.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 07:45 AM       
I know there's a Warhammer RTS, I thought that's all it was and it was just some wannabe Warcraft chaff.

Like, uh, this.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/20...you-like-text/
Official Punching Bag
JakeOfAllTrades is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 07:50 AM       
You know there used to be a game called Warhammer, with customisable graphics dependent on your artistic painting abilities, gameplay dependent on chance, and an instruction manual you could break someone's face with. The expansion packs were expensive but enhanced gameplay depending on your abilities to field troops.

(This is coming from a guy who used to spend all his money on models)
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 07:55 AM       
no way
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 08:23 AM       
theres been a couple warhammer rtses if you count shadow of the horned rat

but since the modern one's warhammer 40k it'd be more like a wannabe starcraft probly idk
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 01:10 PM       
Looking at the videos, the graphic style is exactly the same as WOW's, which is hilarious since Warcraft ultimately borrowed WAR's characters to begin with. There's even faction PVP in WAR, which makes you wonder if they're really just trying to make the same exact game and see if anyone notices.

I hear that PVP combat is ridiculously slow.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 01:54 PM       
I don't think you can use the open beta without having a code or something. My brother pre ordered the game so he can play in open beta. He sent me the manual but I haven't read it yet.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 01:57 PM       
Well, before the ridiculous content cut a month or so ago, it was supposedly going to be a unique MMO that defied the standard formula of grinding like a motherfucker, allowing you to be awesome at level one or some such crock.

I didn't exactly believe that but it would have been pretty cool. I can see an MMO with no grind being pulled off, too, since Graal was exactly that.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 02:48 PM       
Age of Conan is like that, too - I haven't had to grind yet and I'm practically at the level cap.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 03:27 PM       
Is this for the warhammer 40k version or original warhammer?
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 02:03 AM       
Warhammer fantasy.

I'll be trying it out. If the "RvR" is as fun as what they did in DAoC, it'll be good. I have some faith.

Conan didn't hold my interest for very long but it is decent.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 05:19 AM       
I was pretty disappointed when I played the beta early this year...not really original and pretty standart, at least thats the impression that I got over the course of...hm, maybe a week.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 09:34 AM       
Most of the people in my guild in WoW who left for AoC have come back because they say AoC is pretty bad. A few guys say they're going to try out Warhammer, but they aren't really expecting anything great.

I read that Warhammer is promissing 100 vs 100 PvP battles or something, which I am predicting will lag everyone so horribly that they all get fed up in a few weeks.
was never good
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:00 PM       
It's really easy to reach the level cap in AoC, and most of the content is at the lower levels. Much of the high-level content requires a huge guild to pull off, so most of the people who were in a huge god damn hurry to get to 80 just grinded the best levelling quests, ended up avoiding most of the game's content, then got bored real quick and left.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM       
Now that it's been retail for a bit is anyone on this?

I'm on Iron Rock and have been really enjoying it so far.

Kefka - Level 17 Witch Hunter

The RvR is good although I usually join scenarios instead of the open world fight. Unlockables for the Tome gets addicting and is pretty fresh.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 02:41 AM       
I´m taking a look at it at the moment...Swordmaster and Rune...dwarf Fortunately on the german servers. Where nobody says anything, which is interesting, because if nobody says anything, nobody talks bullcrap and that IS an improvement already.

So far, I like it, Public Quests are my favorite right now, the RVR or PVP is still kinda pointless with the few skills a level <11 has I think. It is also pointless to fight against a bunch of Level 11´s with a bunch of artificially buffed Level 8´s that are really Level 5-7.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 12:00 AM       
I'm told by several sources that they bought Warhammer and can't even create an account because the servers are dead or something.