Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 01:20 PM        Brown's Hearing
Caught a bit of this on CNN this afternoon while laying carpet in the basement. Only part that I really remember is when he was asked if he'd do anything different, he said (paraphrased) "I wouldn't let the media push me around again, I should have sent out press releases instead of being in front of the camera every day, away from the job I should have been doing" and "I regret that I was not able to make the mayor of New Orleans and (someone else) reconcile their differences to get the job done." He then adopted this smug dickish look and the proceedings continued.

Anyone have a transcript of this? Is it even over yet? Do you think anyone will buy the idea that the media is somehow responsible for Katrina's destruction?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 01:28 PM       
He is the world's largest douche.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 01:35 PM       
He did a heck of a job, though. And he still is. Check THIS out.

"I guess you want me to be the superhero that is going to step in there and suddenly take everybody out of New Orleans."
-Brown

This guy has balls the size of the Superdome.
Mocker
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 03:02 PM       
i'm watching that part now at cnn.com. He is still a douche, but regarding that part, I think he's right.

He couldn't federalize the state of Louisiana. He doesn't have that power, so there was a wall that he would inevitably hit as the head of a federal agency.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 03:07 PM       
The whole thing reminds me a lot of training horse judges. The similarities are surprisingly striking.

You see, sometimes a horse judge you trained will kill a bunch of coloreds, and...

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 05:50 PM       
So hey, an interesting little factoid:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in886469.shtml

"Brown resigned earlier this month after being removed by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff from on-site responsibility.

"He speaks for himself and he's entitled to his point of view and I don't have anything to add," Chertoff told reporters in Miami.

Brown will remain on the FEMA payroll for two more weeks, advising the agency, said Russ Knocke, spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security.

CBS News correspondent Gloria Borger reports that Knocke told her that technically Brown remains at FEMA as a "contractor" and he is "transitioning out of his job."

The reason he will remain at FEMA about a month after his resignation, said the spokesman, is that the agency wants to get the "proper download of his experience.""

!!!! WTF???
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 08:20 AM       
His experience? What experience?
Mocker
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 08:58 AM       
Well that's the best part. You would think his "download" of the experience was precisely the wrong one, yet for some reason, it's still worth keeping him on the payroll over.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 10:34 AM       
He's not a guy you want to stand download of.

By the way, Preech, that thing about the horsejudge was hillarious!