Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

warrior princess
bychance is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:34 PM        Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?
I searched and saw nothing, so I thought I'd do the honors...

I liked the movie a lot. I know IMDb means virtually nothing, but the first time I checked the rating was 4.0. Later, when I finally got to see the film (a week after its release) it was down to a 2.1. Yet, all I've heard was nothing but good reviews.

Anyone?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:52 PM       
I'm quite partial to Tyler Perry Presents: Tyler Perry's "Movie About Tyler Perry": A Tyler Perry Production

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 10:25 PM       
bychance probably IS Tyler Perry.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 02:55 AM       
I fucking hate tyler perry and his annoying sitcom.

That was very funny. Well done.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 03:14 AM       
One of my roomates last year was a huge Tyler Perry fag. He wanted the other three of us to watch Family Reunion one night, which we did out mostly out of a desire to not hurt his feelings and a little out of genuine curiosity. We all agreed the next morning that it was about the most tedious bit of cinema we've ever had to sit through.

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 04:02 AM       
I had a nightmare about him once.

Tyler Perry's A** R*** M*******

Censored because it is not my joke
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 05:23 PM       
Tyler Perry Productions in association with Tyler Perry presents Tyler Perry's Tyler Perry
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2007, 01:50 AM       
I run a MST3K style show at my university and I've always wanted to take a few of Perry's movies and ream them. It's mostly a case of revenge because he's a failed playwright who basically got where he is because of Oprah. And there is nothing more awful then telling some untalented asshole that he's a genius and having the money to delude him into that fact. In fact, the only reason why I haven't gotten his DVDs yet to rip them asunder is because even at the shitty Wal-Mart that sells them, they're just too expensive. If I can get them for $3 per disc, I'd do it. But not a penny more.

That said, what else can be said about a loser whose biggest 'role' is basically ripping off Mama's Family? Think about that for a second. This man looked at Mama's Family and said "I can do that, and dispense crappy and populist homespun bullshit as wisdom!" And if his crap films are anything like his crap TV show, then he is easily the most retarded 'creative talent' ever. Just.....good grief, man. Watching this crap on TBS is like watching an expensive hometown theater production of every bad sitcom cliche ever fucking made.

UGH, I say! UGH!!
demerit n' dad
Wild Wallace is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2007, 10:39 PM       
I know what you mean. Everybody in my family think that show is funny but it's just dull. Frank TV is funnier than that shit.

And Diary Of A Mad Black Woman was one of the worst films I ever seen.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Dec 15th, 2007, 11:52 PM       
Wasn't he homeless?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 16th, 2007, 04:44 AM       
more like Toilet Paper, what an asswipe
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 12:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Wallace View Post
I know what you mean. Everybody in my family think that show is funny but it's just dull. Frank TV is funnier than that shit.

And Diary Of A Mad Black Woman was one of the worst films I ever seen.
Agreed. If I had an iMac I would reedit the movie with Final Cut Pro into the best movie ever....or simply call it 'Tyler Perry Likes Shit' and editing farting noises and recut everything to make him look like an even bigger douchebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan View Post
Wasn't he homeless?
Apparently so, and decided to go ahead and worship Oprah to get himself out of the mess. But get this about his TV show:

Quote:
Perry produced a television show titled Tyler Perry's House of Payne, which follows a working-class, African-American household with three generations of family within it. The show seeks to illustrate struggles with faith and love, as well as showing how to coexist with the generation gap. The show ran briefly in Spring 2006 as a 10 show pilot. After a successful pilot run, Perry signed a $200 million dollar 100 episode deal with TBS. On June 6, 2007, Tyler Perry's first two episodes of House of Payne ran on TBS. Due to high ratings, House of Payne is now in syndication. Re-runs will play through December 2007 before the second season begins. House of Payne will air on FOX network beginning September 2008. Meet The Browns is Perry's next sitcom starring David Mann and Tamela Mann.
$200 million dollars for THAT SHIT??
warrior princess
bychance is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2008, 02:46 AM       
Oh okay, wow. I leave for months, come back to see my thread and its full of hate. I see there ain't too many fans huh...lol.

'Meet the Browns' is a less than satisfactory sitcom I will agree, but I really liked 'Diary of a Mad Black Woman' (Kimberly Elise is a great actress) and 'Why Did I Get Married'. I haven't seen the others, or the plays.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2008, 03:21 AM       
Meet the Browns isn't a sitcom.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"

ValientKid is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2008, 05:57 AM       
More like Tyler Perry's Why Did I Watch This? Amirite?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:12 AM       
Quote:
More like Tyler Perry's Why Did I Watch This? Amirite?
rimshot.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:34 AM       
i can't wait for tyler perry's "why did i kill myself" starring tyler perry and a loaded .357 magnum