Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 02:45 AM        NEW LONGBOX: "ODDS AND ENDS"
In this installment, Proto departs slightly from his usual format to discuss a variety of different topics including the potential bastardization of The Punisher. Somebody needs to punish whoever thought up that idea.

NEW LONGBOX: "ODDS AND ENDS" -by Protoclown
http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox12

Enjoy!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:38 PM       
Proto; That was a really excellent column.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:33 PM       
Yep. I'm also glad that you saved me the trouble of reading another god awful punisher war journal just to find out what he's doing. Although the whole thing where he picked up the mask wasn't exactly subtle.

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:38 PM       
I recall when Cap decided he couldn't be Cap anymore and went off playing Nomad, some teenager decided he was going to be Cap. The red Skull crucified him. I shit you not.

Keep your fingers crossed.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 03:42 PM       
Thanks guys...and I read something online today that pretty strongly indicated to me that they ARE actually going the route of making Frank Castle the new Captain America. Sure, I guess it makes sense that Cap should be a psycho in this day and age, considering how the rest of the world views the USA at this point...god I hope this is some kind of horrible joke.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 04:30 PM       
I don't think so, I think it will just be a very short, very bad idea.

The unfortunate thing is, if one were to write an out of continuity, or a very good writer were to write an in contnuity story along these very lines;

That America has gone off the rails and is out of control and use the Captain America character as a reflection of real political and social themes, it could be very interesting.

But it's just going to be a market driven adult fan boys with too much power jizz fest.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:01 PM       
I wonder if it's possible to pin-point the exact moment when marvel lost whatever sense they had left. I know that some people like him, but I can't stand the punisher and to make him captain america is one of the dumbest things that I've ever witnessed in comic books :O

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:56 PM       
I agree that it will be insanely stupid, however shortlived...though Zomboid, have you read the MAX series by Garth Ennis? Taking him out of the Marvel U and putting him in his own mature readers book was the smartest thing they ever did with the character.
The Wolf
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 01:22 AM       
Haven't read that. I just think that sometimes the punisher is too cheesy and half assed mature that I'll never be able to take that character seriously ever again.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 01:34 AM       
I think there was a What If? comic where Captain America got shot or hurt and couldn't be Cap, so he asked Frank Castle to do it.

I think it ended with Franky being taken out by Captain America.