Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 08:48 PM        Maruchan yakisoba noodles! In the ramen noodles isle....
I used to eat home cooked yakisoba noodles as a kid but these are a delicious replacement. I ate a lot of them.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:26 PM       
I've never heard of 'em, but I might try and pick a pack up next time I go grocery shoppin'. :D
Forum Virgin
AngryTinyMan is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:53 PM       
They keep them in a fridge at my local Asian market.

I did a little step-by-step photo instruction on how to cook them, if anyone would want to see.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:22 AM       
I'd like to see them.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:39 PM       
i like the chow mein stuff better but yakisoba's ok too\

my favorite is the nong shim picante flavor man is that a spicely meatball!
Forum Virgin
AngryTinyMan is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus
I'd like to see them.
Right, then...

Oh ho! Time for Chef AngryTinyMan show you make delicious vegetarian yakisoba noodle bowl!

Now, first thing, know what you'll need:

A frying pan (preferably cast-iron, like the one in the photo), a packet of yakisoba noodles (with seasoning), a bag of bean sprouts, a bundle of green onions, and about 1/3 head of lettuce. (Not pictured: jug of vegetable oil, big knife, unmeltable plastic spatula.)

Step 1: cut up the green onions. Pull two of them from the bunch, wash out any dirt, then cut them up. Cut 'em to about an inch, maybe an inch and a half. Then we'll stick the pieces into a bowl on the side for the time being.

Step 2: Cut off about a third of the lettuce and chop that into bite-sized pieces, or even smaller, and stick them in the bowl with the green onions. After that's done, give yourself a thumbs-up for getting this far without hurting yourself. (Sadly for me, my celebration was short-lived, as I dropped the knife into my foot immediately after I took this photo.)

Step 3: Grab a handful of the bean sprouts and stick those in the bowl, too. Then add another half-handful, since the first handful is never enough.

Step 4: Heat the pan up. Put it on the stove then set the burner to...something, I forget. Let's just start it medium and we'll heat it up more to our liking if that's not enough. Once the pan's heated, pour in a little bit of oil. Just enough to cover the bottom. Or maybe even that's too much? I'm not sure, this was a couple months ago.

Step 5: When you think the oiled pan is ready, take that bowl of veggies and pour 'em in. Toss them around with your super un-melting spatula, so everything gets a little crispy. When they're crisp to your liking, put 'em back in the bowl where from they came.

Step 6 (The one with a bunch of pictures): Now, time to break out the soba! When you take them out of the package, they're already somewhat cooked, though still in a block form:

I tried one on its own. The uncooked stuff has some soapy taste to it; so I wouldn't really reccommend it:

Anyway, take that block of noodles and stick it in the pan with a little water (the back of the package says about 1/4 cup):

Shift the noodles around with the spatula as they cook. Don't worry if some of the noodles stick; that's why scrub brushes were invented.

Step 7: Pour in that bowl of cooked vegetables to the noodles, and mix it up. Then finally use that packet of yakisoba seasoning, spreading it over the whole thing. Make some motorcycle noises as you sprinkle on the seasoning, if you want. Not that they'll help the taste or anything, motorcycles are just cool.

Step 8: Stick the full mixture into a bowl, add chopsticks, and you're done. Eat it with the chopsticks if you know how to use chopsticks. Eat it with your fingers if you don't.

Bonus steps!
-Add some minced garlic in with the vegetables when you're cooking them! (The kind in jars you buy at the grocery store; garlic presses don't produce chunky enough pieces of garlic!)
-Cook some bite-sized pieces pork, chicken, or steak beforehand and cook them along with the noodles!
-Spice up the soba with Tobasco, or whatever other hot sauce you can think of!
-Something else with an exclamation point at the end! Get creative!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:59 PM       
That actually looks pretty delicious.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
kitatsdiuqil
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:17 PM       
yeah except i dont know how to use chopsticks
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. DANNY TATOM
yeah except i dont know how to use chopsticks
Haha you poor unlucky fuck.
kitatsdiuqil
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 12:00 AM       
yeah i feel so horribly about it. :O
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM       
It's sad because it's a relatively simple feat. Hold the first stick like you would a pencil, except without your index finger just above base joint of your thumb. Keep your middle finger almost alongside the stick and point it outward. Make sure your thumb is pointed slightly outward, too.

When you've got that right, put a stick so that it rests almost on top of the top joint of your thumb and under the last joint of your index finger. Moving your index finger up and down should also cause the stick to move in turn.

I'd make a guide with pictures, but I need a camera.

Hopefully that should work.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM       
man what the hell is wrong w/ eating with a fork
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM       
Nothing... if you're square.
OH GOD
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 07:21 PM       
if music has not lied to me, it follows that it is "hip" to be square
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 08:55 PM       
That's the power of love.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 10:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
That's the power of love.
I thought I was the only one who knew that!!! :o
OH GOD
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 11:48 AM       
i want a new drug, cause i'm tired of being addicted to love
Ancient Mariner
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 07:06 PM       
Sometimes it takes a nip at me
But I'm too quick to ever be
Eaten by the monster of love.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 07:44 PM       
Dont you know me I'm the boy next door,
The one you find so easy to ignore.
Is that what I was fighting for?
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 08:48 PM       
AngryTinyMan can I come over to your house and you can make me dinner?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 08:54 PM       
Aw, you messed everything up. Pox on you.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 08:56 PM       
I want a new duck, cause i'm tired of being addicted to spuds

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 11:58 PM       
I've got the sudden, inexplicable urge to hear some Robert Palmer.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 03:00 PM       
When I make my noodles I actually fry them. I reccomend adding fresh ginger, ginger has a sweet delicous flavor and is quite good for you.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 04:56 PM       
Fried noodles are the best thing ever.