Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 11:51 PM        Cell phones = bad
I've come to a conclusion that cell phone companies have fucked up or society. Microsoft may control or software, but Apple will soon control our culture.

Here's my list of grievances.

1. There's a new one like very month. It's fucking ridiculous, they have like maybe one extra feature or a cute little screen. STOP it! Come out with maybe 1 or 2 phones per price level once a year. They are not like computers where there is shit loads of different hardware and software options. They're pretty much just toys.

2. Although they helped our economy, they have also done their part to ruin it. The amount of cell phones on credit is staggering. As well as the insane amount of unpayed phone bills.

3. People talk too fuckin much. I'm sick of assholes at my register, at the bar, and when I'm pretty much anywhere.

4. People who sell cell phones are pricks. You cannot convince me to buy something no matter how good of a price it is, and what you'll include with it, and how fucking new it is, and how you yourself want one so bad, and it has this special insurance, and comes with some shitty ringtone. Cell phone salesman are the reject cousin of the used car salesman.

Solution

I think that someone should just come out with some sort of uber-cell phone that does everything. And that be the fuckin end of it. Even though this goes against my economic beliefs in every other area, I would full-heartedly support a 1 company cell phone monopoly. It can be like the pip-boy in fallout or the tricorder in star trek. Just make a new one every 5 years.
Escape will make me god.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 12:32 AM       
I don't have any phones. :/ Which isn't to say I don't use a phone. I use one every other day.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 12:39 AM       
I love buying ringtones! Theres nothing that gives me more pleasure than hearing an inaudible and overmodulated screeching sound comming from my pocket everytime a bill collector calls! I only had to pay $5.99 for the lastest Jennifer Lopez song or whatever the fuck it is people listen to. I also enjoy texting people things that I could have just said in person while paying a per-kilobyte rate structure that would cos tover a half million dollars to download a movie at!

I also love when people glue plastic jewles to thier phones to show that they are individuals. I also enjoy talking like a black person and using words such as "like" and "ummmm....". I also begin every conversation with "whats crappenin'" and end them with "git er done!".
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 12:43 AM       
The only application I could ever think of that hasnt been made for a stupid I phone would be one that reacts to the press of the side button to make the phone fake ring so as to excuse myself from a conversation with an asshole. That app does not exist. But for $1.99 I can get an app that makes fart sounds.

excuse mesir, I have to go take a shit.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 01:21 AM       
Phones are sooooooo 2008. I pay 20 dollars a week for telepathy service. It comes on a tiny white tab of paper.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 04:56 AM       
But really Vapor,

1. Are you buying a new phone every month to look cool?

2. If there was no cell phone, would these same people be financially healthy?

3. Would you rather those people actually talk to you? Keep in mind that these are people with huge egos who like to look important to make an impression.

4. WTF, have you never run into a sales person before? This isn't confined to cellphones.

Solution

Ignore it and be thankful that you have any option at all you miserable little piece of shit. USA! USA!

ps. I really hate phones.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 10:45 AM       
You work at a bar Vapor? You the bartender? Dont get any drinks for anyone unless they put down the phone and directly ask you for one. F em
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 09:13 PM       
What I hate about cell phones is how these days everyone wants one that can text and play music and download/identify songs and download video clips and tell you what's playing at which movie theater and plays video games and gives you internet service. IT'S A FRICKING PHONE! You use it to CALL PEOPLE! I can't believe a person's sooooo desperate to figure out when "Marley and Me" is playing that they can't go home and check the newspaper.

I got a cell phone a few days before I started college. Why? Because I had a late class and my parents wanted me to call them when it was over so they'd know I was heading home. That's it. I use it to call my family. So over the course of the semester, I've used it for about two minutes a week, plus the odd Thursdays (for Japanese Club meetings).

So my point is, to me a cell phone is a basic thing. You type in a number, you wait while it rings, you talk when it's picked up, you hang up. It's basically a home phone that's portable.

Sorry about the rant. That just kind of gets at me.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 09:15 PM       
you guys are saps, i love my fancy phone
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 09:25 PM       
Yeah if I had a job I'd totally get a fancy phone with wi-fi and shit. That way I could surf the web while on the toilet and I wouldn't need to re-read a year old total film mag with Gill Grissom on the front, watching me.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM       
A phone that plays music keeps you from toting around a phone and an MP3 player. A phone that can access the Internet keeps you from toting around a bulky laptop, unless of course you use your bulky laptop for things other than surfing the web. For me it keeps me from toting around a bulky laptop. Games and video clips keep you from being bored when you have to sit around someplace (Doctors office, in-laws house, DMV line, etc...). Being able to look up movies while out to dinner (or other similar situation) keeps you from having to buy a news paper or going back home just to look it up. But the number one reason to have a fancy high dollar phone is to pretend to be fooling with it to get out of talking or associating with people you dont like.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 12:47 PM       
I hated cell phones way back in the day, so now that everyone else hates cellphones I LOVE EM .
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM       
I just bought a brand new LG to replace my battered, crushed, and thoroughly destroyed, flimsy-ass Razor with the faulty screen and zero charge life. This one has pretty lights on it, I was so mesmerized that I got on my knees and licked out the Anne Coulter-ish US Cellular sales rep right then and there, then begged for more corporate ramming when I bought a separately sold memory card so that I can use the music feature built into the phone I loved every minute of it because I am an American corporate whore
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 10:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
What I hate about cell phones is how these days everyone wants one that can text and play music and download/identify songs and download video clips and tell you what's playing at which movie theater and plays video games and gives you internet service. IT'S A FRICKING PHONE! You use it to CALL PEOPLE! I can't believe a person's sooooo desperate to figure out when "Marley and Me" is playing that they can't go home and check the newspaper.

I got a cell phone a few days before I started college. Why? Because I had a late class and my parents wanted me to call them when it was over so they'd know I was heading home. That's it. I use it to call my family. So over the course of the semester, I've used it for about two minutes a week, plus the odd Thursdays (for Japanese Club meetings).

So my point is, to me a cell phone is a basic thing. You type in a number, you wait while it rings, you talk when it's picked up, you hang up. It's basically a home phone that's portable.

Sorry about the rant. That just kind of gets at me.
Apology not accepted. What's good for an obsessive Zelda nerd is not necessarily good for the masses.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 11:54 AM       
i have a samsung glyde DO NOT GET THIS PHONE. I can't stress this enough, it has the worst touch screen i have ever used.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 05:29 PM       
I still rock the RAZOR

I felt like a complete ass when I got it (my dad gave it to me)because it was too cool or whatever. About two days ago somebody was like, "hahahaha you still have a RAZOR?!!!!"

I just use my cell phone to, gasp, talk on the phone

4. I use to work for Cingular back in the day. Don't trust cell phone sales people. They will try and sell you as much useless shit as they can. Also, don't ever sign a contract for a phone. You can buy the exact model on ebay and just swap out your sim card. Sure it may cost an extra $100, but you won't be locked in to some stupid fucki*g contract. Normally a lot of gas stations have cheap cool phones too (at least the ones around here), and you can get brand new phones that are unlocked for cheap. Sometimes even models that aren't carried/popular in America.

Also, if you have some plan that your service provider doesn't carry anymore(ie xMinutes for xDollars) and it works fine for you then don't upgrade to a new plan. Generally they find a way to squeeze more money out of ya.

Ok that's enough PROTIPS for one evening.

Last edited by MattJack : Jan 19th, 2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: oh yea
Insane Writer
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 10:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Apology not accepted. What's good for an obsessive Zelda nerd is not necessarily good for the masses.
Everyone obsesses over something.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 02:23 PM       
Secret to cell phone success..... get a job that pays for your phone.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 03:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Yeah if I had a job I'd totally get a fancy phone with wi-fi and shit. That way I could surf the web while on the toilet and I wouldn't need to re-read a year old total film mag with Gill Grissom on the front, watching me.
Don't forget about taking a picture of your shit after you're done and posting it on Twitter or something.
Insane Writer
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:45 PM       
Chris Rock had a theory that one day, the cell phone company would take over the ringtone company and make phones that had no ringtones at all. So people would either have to randomly guess if they were getting calls, or be forced to pay extra for ringtones.