Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 15th, 2011, 12:54 PM        FZ's Photography Shindig
get it, mfkrs

All are printed by me. Full-size versions available here.

I haven't been able to use my toy camera yet, but I hope to when I get to the beach come next month.

Last edited by MLE : May 15th, 2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Better title, bro
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old May 15th, 2011, 12:58 PM       
I like 3 and 4 a whole lot. I tend to not be as drawn towards the grainy/blurred or unfocused unless there's some major lighting stuff or compositional meaning to back it up. Even then I tend not to go for it.

I'm really picky when it comes to photography, though. I like all of them, but I like 3 and 4 enough to want a print for my wall.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 15th, 2011, 01:01 PM       
4 was shot under a streetlight at 2am. I'm quite happy that it looks different than what actually happened. THE ILLUSION IS HALF OF PHOTOGRAPHY. It's Hell in the darkroom, but I dig it. The other half is shooting and composition, of course.

5 and 6 are my faves, but whatevs.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM       
This title leaves me confundered.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:25 PM       
It's a much better title, you have to admit.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:29 PM       
I GUESS. I'll be shooting with redscale film while on vacation. But I won't have any sweetass B&W prints until about August or so.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:33 PM       
You should put up your favorites from previous printings in this thread too. Also digital camera work too. Or your lomography or whatever it was too -it was kinda neat :>
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:38 PM       
The others are horribly embarrassing. Gimme a minute.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:44 PM       

frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:44 PM       
Resizing is for fgts. People need broadband, yo.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:50 PM       
I can't even see the whole picture on my 1920x1200 monitor. Prz resize when you get a chance.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:52 PM       
OH FFS
HOLD ON

There.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:53 PM       
I SAID WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE JEEZ SLOW YOUR ROLLS SON
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 16th, 2011, 04:16 PM       
Your gallery show should be called "Woes and Nachos"
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:27 PM       
That's a pretty good name :>
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:40 PM       
I had a really good woeful one, but my prof said he wanted to keep it and I didn't make an extra at the time. I'll make another later on. Just take my word for it for now.

And I miss the taco cart something fierce. Best lengua on the planet.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 10:25 PM       
Scanning some of the photos from my holiday at the moment. Some of them look good. Some have minor imperfections that make them utter shit, but I'm posting them anyway.

Also, I'm thinking about making prints in the Fall and I'd be more than happy to sell some via Paypal if there's any interest. Of course, that's still a couple months away for me. They'd be on the 8 1/2" x 11" photo paper - probably matte.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:35 AM       
I do have a question in regard to the frequency of guys with their tongues sticking out.

In this context, I use "frequency" to mean "more than once".

Does it signify something?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM       
I noticed that when I was printing them. It happened in others, as well - ones that I haven't shown here coz they aren't good.

It's unintentional, but what would you do if you wanted to be obnoxious when someone wants to take a serious picture of you?
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM       
Generally not that, because a woman I knew who did that used to stick her tongue out and sort of bite down on it (when she was giving me a "Ha ha, I'm so zany" look) and I hated it because I hated her.

I'm not sure. Usually I'm the one behind the camera...safer that way.

Last edited by Kitsa : Jun 22nd, 2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: trying to improve punctuation.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 04:36 AM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 05:14 AM       
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 07:53 AM       
Usually I'm not a fan of burned edges, but I love this.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 08:14 AM       
The light literally hangs two feet above the surface of the table, so it was shining down hard in the middle. I like it a lot, as well.

Another for the Woes and Nachos series.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 11:44 AM