Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 03:59 PM       
My gut tells me Putin isn't going for the oil, but for the life of me I can't figure out any other reason. It sure as hell isn't to claim more citizens.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 04:46 PM       
I figured it out!

[Geggy] Bush asked Putin, as a favor, to scare Americans into electing McCain. [/Geggy]
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:55 AM       
Or maybe, just maybe, the Russians feel morally obligated to help out in OS. The more I read this thing, the more it occurs to me the Georgians aren't all that innocent.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM       
Yeah, the more I hear the President of Georgia talk, the more suspicious I am of him.
Mocker
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:07 AM       
It seems that the people of OS enjoyed the same type of autonomy the people of Scotland have. Georgia has recently decided to violently oppose such independence.

Not that Putin wasn't licking his chops for the opportunity. Its just that the Georgians all but forced Russia to take action. Golden opportunity for him.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:41 AM       
I read a short bio on Mr Saakashvili and I'm starting to really not trust this guy. In the same way I wouldn't trust Saddam.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 05:06 PM       
the US is boycotting joint NATO-Russian naval exercises and it looks like Russia might be expelled from G-8 now.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 08:47 PM       
According to CNN, Nicolas Sarkozy successfully brokered a cease fire between Georgia and Russia. They'll retreat to positions they occupied pre-undeclared-police-action, and begin to try to resolve the situation as if no fighting ever happened.

There. All better.
You may already be there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 09:02 PM       
Haha, that was this morning. Later in the afternoon I believe that Russia's ambassador said that the peace keepers are gonna stay. While yes, they were there before the attack date, it was what was said by Russia to cause the attack, and we all know some one is gonna throw a rock because their whole life is destroyed now.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 07:19 AM       
This is the first I've heard about a resolution (albeit tenuous) since I went on vacation. Surely there are plenty of pissed off Georgians who'll make things rough, but what I'm really wondering is what kind of hard feelings the Russians will harbor against the U.S. due to what we've said (thanks again, VP Warmong.... I mean Cheney) and done (transporting Georgian troops). Not that I expect anything serious to come from those hard feelings, but still, it's not like America's foreign policy has won us any friends.
Mocker
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 10:38 AM       
Ummm, what exactly was the US supposed to do?

Even if the Georgians started this off, the Russian response was way disproportionate and Georgia is still our ally. And the Russians were attacking Georgia's pipelines, which had no strategic value for the operation.

And Russia has had these feeling since the US recognized Kosovo. Lets not use them as a moral barometer.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 03:33 PM       
I have to side with Blanco in that the more i read about it the less Georgia looks to be as innocent as it first did. And what about these guys in Abkahzian? They want to break free of Greorgia right? Do they want to be independant or join back up with Russia? Every time i read something it sounds like they dont even know what they want.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 08:23 PM       
I just watched Mr Saakashvili explain things to Glen Beck (I was flipping through when I saw him) and I now seriously believe that this guy decided to get big and squash the resistance to democracy in Georgia.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 07:21 PM       
"It strikes me as pretty strident rhetoric and probably fairly empty rhetoric," Gates said. "The truth of the matter is, Russia is not going to launch nuclear missiles at anybody. The Poles know that. We know it."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26253358

so. things are still brewing it looks.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM       
As of yesterday Russia cut all military ties with NATO.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 06:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I figured it out!

[Geggy] Bush asked Putin, as a favor, to scare Americans into electing McCain. [/Geggy]
Well considering the US and georgia have partipicated in joint military exercises back in july and the US have trained and armed georgia's troop, tell me the US didnt have anything to do with georgia's attack on russia's peace corp that provoked russia's attack and the declaration of martial law by georgia's president. Not to defend putin, but russia and US are clearly playing a real life game of Risk.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 06:54 AM       
Witness accounts state russian troop swooped in Ossetia to save civilians from georgia's bombing. Here's US mainstream media for you

Fox cuts off 12-year-old relating Georgian violence
Diane Sweet
Published: Saturday August 16, 2008

A 12-year-old American girl and her aunt found themselves in the middle of a bombing in Georgia this week while on a vacation to visit family members.

An ABC news affiliate reported, "Amanda Kokoeva likes to swim and hang out with friends in Walnut Creek, but what she went through just five days ago in South Ossetia shocked her and shook the world."

"On the 7th, we were in a cafe and then all of a sudden we heard a bunch of bombs going off and explosions and we got scared," Kokoeva said.

The ABC report continued, "Amanda was at the end of a month and a half long visit with relatives in South Ossetia when a battle broke out between Russia and Georgia. The fighting forced her to spend the night in her uncle's basement."

"Through all this there's explosions everywhere. It was really scary because I had never really heard these kinds of sounds in my life so loud and the whole sky would light up all the time," said Amanda.

ABC's report added, "Her uncle survived, but thousands of others did not. Laura says she was thankful the Russian troops were there to protect the Ossetians."

During an interview on Fox News they were describing how Russian soldiers saved them from the Georgian attack, and helped them get to an airport in Moscow where they were able to fly back home, but the Fox news host abruptly cut them off after just two minutes of recounting the events to go to a commercial break. As they are being cut off, Amanda's aunt says, "Yes, I know you do not want to hear this."

After returning from the commercial break, the Fox reporter gives Amanda's aunt just 30 seconds to speak before saying "As we all know, there are always gray areas in war."

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Fox_Ne...l_as_0816.html
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 04:23 PM       
Hey, even the folks at Fox News have to pay the bills
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 04:37 PM       
Yeah, if China was allied with them, it would both grant them access to a huge army and workforce, and could help them (Russia) invade the United States through Canada and the huge border. Down the line, I mean.

Also, the United States wouldn't run the risk of nuclear arms against a Russian prescence in Canada because of the fallout the wind would bring down into the USA. (I hope)

(Response to Evil Robot)

Last edited by JJ_Maniac : Aug 24th, 2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Didnt notice it was a two-pager.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 01:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maniac View Post
Yeah, if China was allied with them, it would both grant them access to a huge army and workforce, and could help them (Russia) invade the United States through Canada and the huge border. Down the line, I mean.

Also, the United States wouldn't run the risk of nuclear arms against a Russian prescence in Canada because of the fallout the wind would bring down into the USA. (I hope)

(Response to Evil Robot)
Because we are so quick to drop a nuke on people?

If and I mean IF they decided to invade us through Canada, they would have to load up on boats just to get there. Boat that can sink to bottom of the ocean. I guess they could take planes, but planes have a habit of falling out of the sky for no reason as well.
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 07:33 PM       
Good point.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 03:54 PM       
Putin on the Fritz

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...ef=mpstoryview

Putin is now stating the U.S. goaded Georgia to attack to conspire with a u.s. presidential candidate.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 06:05 PM       
That crazy nut job, no one is gonna believe that. I can't wait for all the world nations to defend us.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 11:25 PM       
Yah. This is keeping the world's attention away from Iraq for the moment.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 11:49 PM       
Russian generals are throwing a bitchfit over U.S. sending aid supplies, CNN said