Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 03:55 PM        Movies that never got a fair shake.
Hudson Hawk. That movie was awesome and still holds up today. Yet I don't hear it ever mentioned anymore.

What movie do you think never got a fair shake?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 01:07 AM       
Lots of movies, but one off the top of my head would have to be Darkman. Just saw it for the first time in ages the other day and forgot how amusing it was. Plus I always thought Larry Drake rocked. And speaking of Larry Drake...

Dr. Giggles is another movie that never got the credit it deserved, but that's one I'll definitely review on the site at some point. Took me a while to find a copy on DVD. I hate it when good shit goes out of print.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 04:11 AM       
When I was a kid, my dad and I would rent big stacks of tapes every weekend from the sci-fi, horror, and action sections at the video store, so I saw and enjoyed both of those several times :O. For some reason, the kill I remember most from Dr. Giggles is when he replaces that lady's pill and walks right by some kid playing video games at a different part.

I still I still have hudson hawk on vhs somewhere around here. I remember liking it a lot but when I think about it, I can't remember why.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM       
I have never met (in person) anyone else who enjoyed Evolution or Formula 51.

Formula 51, I can definitely understand. But I thought Evolution was fucking hilarious (who gives a shit if Stifler was in it?).
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 01:06 PM       
Evolution was good and Darkman is awesome.

I was thinking about Evolution not even last week and how much I wanted to see it again.

Staples made for me an about-5" x 10" sticker out of the "Who is Dark Man?" poster and I have no idea what I'm going to use it for. It looks boss, though.

Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 05:23 PM       
I used to have a Darkman Comic/Graphic Novel. It was basically the movie summed up in comic form, and it was extremely violent (For a 7 year old). I wish i could find it.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 07:53 PM       
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6212004893041192197&q=genre%3Ahorr or+duration%3Along

God bless Google Video.
Dr. Giggles.
Get it while it's hot.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 01:58 PM       
is the whole thing supposed to be in french
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM       
I don't know if it would be considered a movie that didn't get a fair shake, but Lost Highway never seems to get mentioned among David Lynch films, and I think it's the best one :O
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 07:33 AM       
Ginger Snaps never got a fair shake. It never even got a theatrical release, if I'm not mistaken.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 08:37 AM       
Ginger Snaps is loved by horror fans everywhere, it's had plenty of shakes.
JohnBoy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 09:34 AM       
Lost Highway was awesome, as was Darkman. I think Cabin Boy never really got a fair shake as far as comedies are concerned, I still laugh my ass off every time I watch it. The art direction was solid too, albeit strange.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 10:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Ginger Snaps is loved by horror fans everywhere, it's had plenty of shakes.
Apparently not by a lot of people here when I tried making a thread about it a while back
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 11:11 PM       
I want the box set soooo bad, but I don't feel like selling one of my kidneys to pay for it. I saw it for $52.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 12:14 AM       
Probably for the best. The first one is fucking great but the second isn't anywhere near as good and the third is about as good as the second.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 12:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperwulf View Post
Apparently not by a lot of people here when I tried making a thread about it a while back
man i can't help it if you kept going off topic geez
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 10:56 AM       
Grindhouse.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 02:31 PM       
The 13th Warrior got trashed, now that I think of it.

Fuck anyone who doesn't like watching Vikings killing cannibalistic neanderthals for two hours.
JohnBoy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
The 13th Warrior got trashed, now that I think of it.

Fuck anyone who doesn't like watching Vikings killing cannibalistic neanderthals for two hours.
That movie never had a shot. It was severly edited and then shelved by the studio for more than a year. I would like to see the unedited version.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 04:39 PM       
That's a pretty decent movie, I didn't know it was severely edited though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM       
My dad took me to see it when I was nine. Scared doesn't even begin to describe what I was.

Hahaha, from what I hear, Grindhouse never got a fair shake. I told all my friends they should see it, but they want to see Hot Fuzz instead. Not that Hot Fuzz is gonna be a bad movie or anything.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 05:30 PM       
The Harder They Come
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 10:51 PM       
Equilibrium never got a fair shake.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 11:01 PM       
I remember seeing a lot of it because my friend is a homo for Christian Bale.

I just saw this tonight and it's still a solid movie; The House on Haunted Hill remake didn't get a fair shake.
The Wolf
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 02:13 AM       
'Cause it sucks. I have the original with vincent price (I think) on one of those bargain dvds with 3 classic movies on em. I remember it being pretty good and saw it years after I saw the remake.

Also, the 13th warrior does kick a whole lot of ass. I don't know why so many people seem to hate it.